• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up 40 chicken nuggets from BK on my way home this afternoon. Feels good man.

no they weren't just for me

Was searching for a non-racist gif and that's the best I could do...

nugget-toilet.gif

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Picked up 40 chicken nuggets from BK on my way home this afternoon. Feels good man.

no they weren't just for me

"Hey I got some nuggets for everyone. No? Guess I'll finish them in that case."

zroid

Banned
My mom ate 10 of them in the car before I could even get one :lol

I was bringing her home from the hospital and she was hungry :p

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm not one to be outdone by zroid.

BRB buying 50 nuggets!

DJ_Lae

I can't stomach any part of that BK deal, unfortunately. Their sauces all taste weird and the nuggets aren't great either.

Price is good, though, but even my kids are done after a couple each.

KarmaCow

Has anyone heard of a scam where door to door people come up to your house and straight up ask for your name, phone number, and credit card to donate to helping children? My dad was telling me about it and maybe they weren't so brazen and vague about the cause as he said they were but it still seems bizarre that there wasn't even a cover like the fake Hydro or CRA people trying to blackmail people.

Ventara

Guys, $46 for Titanfall 2 and Mass Effect Andromeda. PS4 and I'm only interested in singleplayer. It's both or nothing. Yay or nay?

kevin1025

Banned
Guys, $46 for Titanfall 2 and Mass Effect Andromeda. PS4 and I'm only interested in singleplayer. It's both or nothing. Yay or nay?

If you look at it as $23 each, I'd say you're getting a really good deal. Titanfall 2 is a 5-6 hour fantastic shooter, and Mass Effect... well, it sounds like it can be a little bit of a mess technically, but it's still a Mass Effect game under all of that.

I'd say yes, but if you're super uncertain, Titanfall 2 is $29.99 on Amazon right now and I'd say it's well worth it.

Depends on how willing you are to overlook Andromeda's issues. Some people really love Andromeda in spite of its flaws; many more found it difficult to get through because while it's not necessarily bad, it's also not terribly compelling.

Titanfall 2's campaign is fantastic, though.

killroy87

Nah. Mass Effect isn't worth the 60 hours of your life you'll waste. Just find TF2 for less than $30, don't get Andromeda just for the sake of getting it.

Bronetta

Walmart finally charged me for Crash and instead of one single charge of $33.85 I have three different charges of:

$28.96
$1.00
$3.89

I have never in all my years seen such a weird charge. Walmart baby what is you doing!

Ventara

Nah but keep Titanfall 2 on your radar.

If you look at it as $23 each, I'd say you're getting a really good deal. Titanfall 2 is a 5-6 hour fantastic shooter, and Mass Effect... well, it sounds like it can be a little bit of a mess technically, but it's still a Mass Effect game under all of that.

I'd say yes, but if you're super uncertain, Titanfall 2 is $29.99 on Amazon right now and I'd say it's well worth it.

Depends on how willing you are to overlook Andromeda's issues. Some people really love Andromeda in spite of its flaws; many more found it difficult to get through because while it's not necessarily bad, it's also not terribly compelling.

Titanfall 2's campaign is fantastic, though.

Nah. Mass Effect isn't worth the 60 hours of your life you'll waste. Just find TF2 for less than $30, don't get Andromeda just for the sake of getting it.

Alright, guess I'll pass on it. I've got a full plate as-is, tbh. I'll keep an eye out for a cheap price on Titanfall 2.

zroid

Banned
Since we're on the subject, could someone give me the coles notes version of why Mass Effect Andromeda is no good? All I heard about were some technical glitches, but there must be more to it than that?

I used to be a big fan of the series, but unfortunately Andromeda (among other things) fell victim to my general gaming malaise these last few years, so I never paid much attention to it. I probably won't play it anyway, just curious.

Since we're on the subject, could someone give me the coles notes version of why Mass Effect Andromeda is no good? All I heard about were some technical glitches, but there must be more to it than that?

I used to be a big fan of the series, but unfortunately Andromeda (among other things) fell victim to my general gaming malaise these last few years, so I never paid much attention to it. I probably won't play it anyway, just curious.

For me, it's not that it's bad; it's that so far I don't really care about any of the characters or the story, so it's a bit of a slog. I also find it awkward to control using mouse and keyboard but that could just be Mass Effect in general, this is the first one I've played on PC and Dragon Age: Inquisition wasn't great with mouse/keyboard either (ugh ugh ugh).

saskuatch

It's missing the magic of the previous ones... Dunno how else to say it. Then again I only have 30 minutes played in it, it's so bland and uninteresting.

Bronetta

Bad characters, bad writing, bad quests, lots of useless filler content which most people will tell you to actively avoid if you want to enjoy the game. Plenty of glitches and bugs which havent completely been ironed out yet.

The game had troubled development by a C-tier studio who was not qualified to be working on something as big as Mass Effect. The only praise Ive heard is the combat is good so if you're into the multiplayer there's that.

MikeyMike

Question :

Just got Amazon Prime. Do I need to modify the shipment method on my pre orders or will it auto choose the fastest way once available?

Question :

Just got Amazon Prime. Do I need to modify the shipment method on my pre orders or will it auto choose the fastest way once available?

You'll need to modify the shipment method. Also, I'm not sure your previous pre-orders will suddenly become Prime-eligible; I think I had to keep the paid shipping options on my pre-Prime orders even after signing up.

Luigi87

Got my Spice & Wolf collection. Book is friggin tome.

Also a very slight knife mark into the back when I opened the package >_<

trebbble

Thanks for that Splatoon deal a couple of pages back. Have been having a hankering to play the single player again. Copped it for 20 less than I traded it into EB for :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom