• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened with the free release-date delivery for Prime games pre-orders???

I think that still exists? It's being advertised as part of Prime Day, anyways. The catch is that not all games have release-date delivery available (read: mostly triple-A releases).

MikeyMike

Question :

Just got Amazon Prime. Do I need to modify the shipment method on my pre orders or will it auto choose the fastest way once available?

If someone ends up in the same situation...

I emailed customer support and they changed the delivery of my pre orders to release day without any problem.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I think that still exists? It's being advertised as part of Prime Day, anyways. The catch is that not all games have release-date delivery available (read: mostly triple-A releases).
The fuck, Forza Motorsport 7, Wolfenstein II, and Super Lucky’s Tale aren’t giving me release date delivery, just express is free (2-4 days) and priority is $3.99.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Ohhhh, is it maybe because it knows those games will release after my Prime is supposed to expire?

Wait never mind, Forza has the release date delivery, Wolfenstein and Lucky don’t. Neither does Anthem and A Way Out, or Evil Within. Wtf.

This game really is going to be the end of Rare, isn't it? Not sure if better to go out on a creative high note or forgotten Kinect toys.
??
It’s full price in the US, just something’s fucky with the Canadian price.

Are we expecting Amazon to put up their new stock of Nintendo Switch on Prime Day/for Prime Members only? If so, 10th or 11th?

Hopefully they get enough in that it doesn't sell instantly.

FN-2187

This game really is going to be the end of Rare, isn't it? Not sure if better to go out on a creative high note or forgotten Kinect toys.

I keep thinking that Sea of Thieves is going to go one of two ways. Mediocre flop that is instantly forgotten or a massive hit with huge mainstream success. Not quite Minecraft level since it's only on two platforms, but if they nail the perfect all-ages pirate game, I could see kids (and adults) going crazy over it.

Either way, it's exciting to see if Rare still has any of the old magic left now that they have finally been released from Kinect jail.

God I hate kijiji.

*Lists Duck Tales 2*

"Did you add a zero to your price by mistake?"

First I get the $80 lowballers, now I get idiots who dont know what stuff is worth.
Dont bother with kijiji for collector stuff. Look for a video game swap or a place that buys vintage games for a decent price.

Socreges

Banned
So what are 'miners' in the context of graphics cards? Not sure I understand

Any idea when we can expect the 1070 (or 1080) to come down in price? I was just about to plunk down money to build a PC but it sounds like the worst time to do so

Oh weird, it looks like eBay bucks are back for Canadians. I wonder what changed.

They are charging tax now on eBay fees, so they need something to try and retain customers lol, I swear unless the stuff you sell is stolen it's almost impossible to make a profit after ebay/paypal/govt gets their piece.

SickBoy

I've had Sea of Thieves preordered for a while. I love the look of it, and while multiplayer only is often a negative for me, that price, plus an old E3 discount on top of it made it hard to say no.

That said, I half expect to see it end up launching with some sort of F2P model.

kevin1025

Banned
I've had Sea of Thieves preordered for a while. I love the look of it, and while multiplayer only is often a negative for me, that price, plus an old E3 discount on top of it made it hard to say no.

That said, I half expect to see it end up launching with some sort of F2P model.

I'm expecting it to launch at $39.99 (and maybe $49.99 for Canada, so those lucky to pre-order ahead of time get it cheaper), since it's not up on the Xbox Store yet. Plus it could be a good game to launch on Game Pass with, to entice people to jump onto that, as well.

Has anyone had success with a wal-mart retail store price matching amazon.ca? They've got GTAV on for $29.99 for ps4 right now and I could hop in the car and go today if they would

edit, called them, nope

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They are charging tax now on eBay fees, so they need something to try and retain customers lol, I swear unless the stuff you sell is stolen it's almost impossible to make a profit after ebay/paypal/govt gets their piece.
Oh shit, really? I guess this is just a good thing for buyers then. lol

Qwyjibo

Is there a way to notify Canada Post to NOT just leave a parcel at my door? And send it to my local post office (which is in a Shopper's Drug Mart) for pick up?

I have something coming on Monday or Tuesday but no one will be home until the evening. Usually there is someone home to pick it up even if they leave it at my door so I haven't had this issue before.

zroid

Banned
deal-ish

Likely no one cares, but I'll mention it anyway. For some reason it seems that the price of 100 PokéCoins in Pokémon GO has dropped to $0.99 CDN on the Google Play Store (someone else would have to confirm for Apple). IIRC it used to be $1.49, or maybe $1.39. Note that this drop only affects the 100 coin denomination, such that the cost per coin is actually higher if you buy any quantity greater than 100 but fewer than 14,500 for $139.99.

I'm pretty sure $0.99 is how much 100 coins costs in USD, so it's probably an error.

Is there a way to notify Canada Post to NOT just leave a parcel at my door? And send it to my local post office (which is in a Shopper's Drug Mart) for pick up?

I have something coming on Monday or Tuesday but no one will be home until the evening. Usually there is someone home to pick it up even if they leave it at my door so I haven't had this issue before.

Unless you specify at the time of shipping you're kinda SOL you could leave a note on your door or mailbox to leave it around the side of the house or something but yeah your options for a package already shipped are pretty slim.

Qwyjibo

Unless you specify at the time of shipping you're kinda SOL you could leave a note on your door or mailbox to leave it around the side of the house or something but yeah your options for a package already shipped are pretty slim.
Well, I hope it doesn't get stolen then! My front door isn't too visible from the street. Hopefully the Jehovah's Witnesses who roam the streets don't forsake their religion for a package.

It was an Amazon order so I can't even remember if they have that option at the time of ordering.

deal-ish

Likely no one cares, but I'll mention it anyway. For some reason it seems that the price of 100 PokéCoins in Pokémon GO has dropped to $0.99 CDN on the Google Play Store (someone else would have to confirm for Apple). IIRC it used to be $1.49, or maybe $1.39. Note that this drop only affects the 100 coin denomination, such that the cost per coin is actually higher if you buy any quantity greater than 100 but fewer than 14,500 for $139.99.

I'm pretty sure $0.99 is how much 100 coins costs in USD, so it's probably an error.

Niantic has actually addressed this. Long story short, it's intentional.

23qwerty

deal-ish

yeah im just gonna go buy $100 of microtransactions for pokemon go

is anyone still playing that

RS4-

Im using my Sony Gold Headset for my PC.

Does the upgrade worth it?

(french speaker here!)

If the sony headset hasn't cracked yet, might as well keep using it until it does or if you find something like the Cloud II for < $70. Because actual gaming headsets aren't really worth it if you're spending like $130+

Check out flex delivery on Canada post website

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pages/fd/default.page

But it may be too late if you already ordered it

MikeRahl

I know there is a way when ordering something to indicate 'NO SAFE DROP' in the delivery notes, which means if there is no answer they should obviously not leave it lying around. I had to resort to that when parcels kept being left in my communal courtyard when I lived in a townhouse.

Not sure if there is a way to indicate that after the fact though.

zroid

Banned
yeah im just gonna go buy $100 of microtransactions for pokemon go

is anyone still playing that

apparently it is still in the top 10 grossing apps in most places. funny how the perception of "a lot of people are playing it" changes when, a year ago, "everyone was playing it"

Iced

Since we're talking about Canada Post, does anyone know how to change the "features and options" of the delivery to allow safe dropping? Every time I order from Best Buy the driver is instructed not to safe drop. Even if I leave a sign on my door saying it's okay, they won't do it. I live in an apartment building and trust everyone on my floor so it's not an issue for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom