• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the fuck is the 1070 $100 more now??
$650 for it are they fucking retarded?

In the PC thread the theory is that they're all being bought up by miners as the next best thing after the RX 480/580, which have also skyrocketed in price due to demand.

I bought a GTX 1080 FE for $569 back in April. Clearly I dodged a hell of a bullet.

Savitar

Are game prices dropping soon??

Even if our dollar gets better it may take time, anyone else remember how much businesses fought against giving us better prices despite having parity until people got fed with the "It can take months or years to change prices due to various economic reasons/shipping/repricing etc." and began to do more US shopping? Once it became an avalanche of cross country shopping they changed prices fast enough.

And they certainly change prices fast enough when our dollar falls don't they.

13randO

image.php

torontoml

I didn't want to make a thread so I figured this would be an ok please to ask.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what a reasonable price for a Sony 55" W900a LED TV could be sold for. It's 3.5 years old with zero issues.

I tried to search Kijiji but I couldn't find one for sale to get an idea.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Probably bracing themselves for the NAFTA nuke effect on the CAD.
It’s $100 more in the US as well.
In the PC thread the theory is that they're all being bought up by miners as the next best thing after the RX 480/580, which have also skyrocketed in price due to demand.

I bought a GTX 1080 FE for $569 back in April. Clearly I dodged a hell of a bullet.
Oh, there it is.
Fucking hell.
I want to build a new PC but it seems like such a shitty time to do it. Skylake X is pretty junk, the 10XX GTX series is a year old so new shit is around the corner. I wanted to do a Intel 7800X and 1070 build but it would be a lot better to do a Ryzen 1700 and 1080 Ti one since it’s pretty much the same price but a shitton better in the GPU department. Or maybe just keep my 2500K and drop a 1080 Ti in it, get new CPU next year.

RS4-

I sorta lucked out, only ended up paying 400 for a 1070. If I found a 1080 for 550 flat, I'd have gone for it.

The way things are, I could probably straight trade a 1070 for a 1080 if someone really wanted to get into mining.

Checked eBay, and my 6 month old 480 sells for almost double what I paid.

Hmmmmm

etta

my hard graphic balls
Oh shit, the X900E TV has a 3.5mm headphones out port. I’ve been using a mixamp to use headphones for the consoles, I wonder if there’s any sound quality difference with this. A digital pass-through wouldn’t process the sound right, so it should be as good as the mixamp?

I have three pending transactions from Walmart. One for Splatoon 2, one for Splatoon 2 amiibos, and one for an order that has already been delivered. Why they canceled the original charge for the already delivered items and did another charge for it is beyond me.

kevin1025

Banned
Does Amazon let you switch console versions of games and keep the discount? Or is that a total luck of the draw thing with who you get in chat?

krae_man

God I hate kijiji.

*Lists Duck Tales 2*

"Did you add a zero to your price by mistake?"

First I get the $80 lowballers, now I get idiots who dont know what stuff is worth.

Stat!

Walmart is confusing me too. Ive had two charges for 56.04. I figured Splatoon was one but why are they charging me for the other stuff that hasn't come out yet even?

Is there a way to check which charges correspond with which so Im not going to get double charged?

Anyone know where to get cheap Android phones?

Or specifically can someone recommend a cheap Android phone with NFC?

Moto G Play frequently goes on sale for like $129 (prepaid model) which you can unlock for a few bucks. not sure if the Canadian version has NFC though? Have to google that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Moto G Play frequently goes on sale for like $129 (prepaid model) which you can unlock for a few bucks. not sure if the Canadian version has NFC though? Have to google that.
I was actually hoping for something cheaper, since I'd just be using it for the NFC functionality.

Anyone know where to get cheap Android phones?

Or specifically can someone recommend a cheap Android phone with NFC?

Canada Computers puts the ZTE Axon on sale every so often. I bought it at $220; last sale was $170, and I think that was a month ago. It's got a flagship-level CPU from two years ago so it's actually pretty capable. Works on Freedom, but not LTE, and pretty sure it'll work on everything else. The only other thing of note is that no one ever bothered to root or create custom ROMs for the thing, so you're stuck on Android 6.0.

I was actually hoping for something cheaper, since I'd just be using it for the NFC functionality.

OH. Okay. What's this for, if you don't mind me asking? Would a PC-connected NFC reader work just as well? Those are way cheaper.

kevin1025

Banned
Is seeing a Switch in public a rare things still? My local Wal-Mart had one but I don't want one yet.

Yep, I've only seen three since launch: two at once (one of which I bought), and another random one at Best Buy back in May. But with Splatoon 2 incoming, which I would say is their biggest game since launch, it'll hopefully be easier to find for a bit.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
OH. Okay. What's this for, if you don't mind me asking? Would a PC-connected NFC reader work just as well? Those are way cheaper.
Hah, I don't even know if I can talk about it, but I would be using it for nefarious Amiibo purposes (involving a 20 heart Wolf Link).
As far as I know, you need an Android phone with NFC for it to work. Or that Amiiqo device, but that'd cost like 80+ USD with no real reliable sellers.

Is my best bet trawling Kijiji or something for people trying to offload phones?

superbad

Anyone know where I might be able to find a first run copy of Binding of Isaac for Switch (other than eBay)? Looking for the one with the original cover and manual.

ryan-ts

It's $100 more in the US as well.

Oh, there it is.
Fucking hell.
I want to build a new PC but it seems like such a shitty time to do it. Skylake X is pretty junk, the 10XX GTX series is a year old so new shit is around the corner. I wanted to do a Intel 7800X and 1070 build but it would be a lot better to do a Ryzen 1700 and 1080 Ti one since it's pretty much the same price but a shitton better in the GPU department. Or maybe just keep my 2500K and drop a 1080 Ti in it, get new CPU next year.

I just bought a used gaming pc and wanted to upgrade the graphics card... needless to say I'll be waiting a while.

Hah, I don't even know if I can talk about it, but I would be using it for nefarious Amiibo purposes (involving a 20 heart Wolf Link).
As far as I know, you need an Android phone with NFC for it to work. Or that Amiiqo device, but that'd cost like 80+ USD with no real reliable sellers.

Is my best bet trawling Kijiji or something for people trying to offload phones?

A brief glance at Newegg and Amazon suggest that NFC-capable phones start at $100, so yeah, probably. The only other options I can think of involve trying to attach a USB NFC reader to an Android device (either a phone/tablet or something more esoteric like a set-top box), but without knowing more about the thing you intend to do I couldn't tell you if any of that would be remotely successful.

Good luck!

Were you able to change your credit card for the order after calling the number?

no, my problem was i didnt have the funds to cover the charge so it didnt go through. i used a visa debit card

i just need to call when i have the money so can attempt the charge again

Lizardus

Anyone know where I might be able to find a first run copy of Binding of Isaac for Switch (other than eBay)? Looking for the one with the original cover and manual.

I don't think there were many prints. You might get lucky at a local Walmart or Superstore based on your location. I bought one from ebay.

kevin1025

Banned
If you add Amazon credit to your account, does the next thing that ships use that before the primary payment in the order?

Example: If I add $10 Amazon credit, and Splatoon 2 ships in two weeks, does that $10 go toward Splatoon 2 before my credit card, or do I have to add it manually?

If you add Amazon credit to your account, does the next thing that ships use that before the primary payment in the order?

Example: If I add $10 Amazon credit, and Splatoon 2 ships in two weeks, does that $10 go toward Splatoon 2 before my credit card, or do I have to add it manually?

have to add it manually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom