• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Fire

Yeah tax will be added to everything, whethee your invoice shows it or not.

The glitch only applied to stuff that was charged or shipped on that one day.

All of my stuff from that weekend was tax free. I think it was like a 48 hour window?

Still hoping Amazon forgets about the glitch by the time Final Fantasy VII Remake comes out in 2050.

poodpick

Can't go wrong with the ORZLY screen protector. Cheap, comes with 2 and applied perfectly on mine. Youtube the hinge method on how to apply it flawlessly.

Congrats! :D

I personally use amFilm's tempered glass and have been extremely happy with the results. It's clear, doesn't interfere with the touch screen at all, doesn't feel like a tight squeeze in the dock (to me), and best of all, I was able to apply it easily without getting any bubbles. As for a case, I use a Hori Tough Pouch. Fits five games, and one accessory. It's compact, which is what I wanted.

If you have Amazon Prime, this "starter pack" is a part of Amazon Day. I can't comment on the quality of the products, though.
(but it's better to go with tempered glass over plastic protectors, imo)

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to go with the amfilm one seems to have less issues according to the reviews on amazon.

canonj

Damn. I was relying on NowInStock.net to alert me when Switches were available, but I never got anything from them about Walmart having it in stock. Anyone know of a better site?

All of my stuff from that weekend was tax free. I think it was like a 48 hour window?

Still hoping Amazon forgets about the glitch by the time Final Fantasy VII Remake comes out in 2050.

The tax error was on the site for maybe five or six hours max. It would be interesting, though, if they were adjusting orders MANUALLY to restore the tax that weekend, which might explain why orders that shipped recently got through. That said, we only have the one report so far, and it's unclear if there might be some other reason why there was no tax (ex. bought from Amazon Marketplace seller).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This is the first time I've paid attention to Prime Day. I'm hoping for some deals! But I am not expecting much.

yeah I'm assuming this will be the thread for amazon.ca deals? I just remember last year's prime day being extremely underwhelming so I'm not getting my hopes up, at all

yeah I'm assuming this will be the thread for amazon.ca deals? I just remember last year's prime day being extremely underwhelming so I'm not getting my hopes up, at all

I'm assuming we would be posting them in both this thread and the Discord. I suspect our deals would get lost if we posted in the Prime Day thread (if one exists).

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Based on the upcoming deals looks like Prey and Watchdogs 2 will be going on sale.

last year's prime day wasn't great but it was fine, I ended up with Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Far Cry Primal, Rainbow Six Siege, and Uncharted Collection for ~$110.

I'm sure I'll be able to find something to grab this year, I'm hoping for Prey on PS4 for $40.

Yaranaika

Your Amazon.ca order of "Final Fantasy xii the..." has shipped!

Oh shit, forgot to cancel that.
Prime Savings: -CDN$ 36.00
Prime Savings: -CDN$ 28.00
Prime Savings: -CDN$ 15.99
Tax Calculated (GST/HST): CDN$ 0.00
Tax Calculated (PST/QST): CDN$ 0.00
Total: CDN$ 0.00
Oh okay cool...?

Reckheim

Congrats! :D

I personally use amFilm's tempered glass and have been extremely happy with the results. It's clear, doesn't interfere with the touch screen at all, doesn't feel like a tight squeeze in the dock (to me), and best of all, I was able to apply it easily without getting any bubbles. As for a case, I use a Hori Tough Pouch. Fits five games, and one accessory. It's compact, which is what I wanted.

If you have Amazon Prime, this "starter pack" is a part of Amazon Day. I can't comment on the quality of the products, though.
(but it's better to go with tempered glass over plastic protectors, imo)

Wonder if any of that stuff will go on sale during the 'prime' sale.

Showing up on the Upcoming Deals so far:

- Prey
- Watch Dogs 2
- Dark Souls 3
- Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind
- Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection
- Zero Time Dilemma
- Sword Art Online Hollow Realization

No idea yet if discounts will be trash or not though.

Think I'll pass on both. Don't feel the itch to play them right now and with Ubisoft and Bethesda being the publishers I expect to be able to find the games for cheaper down the road.

TheExodu5

Banned
The Nest is a really hot deal on Prime right now. Shame I just bought one a few months ago. :(

You can also get a $100 credit from Enbridge for getting one, which effectively makes it $140.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Amazon.com getting hit with price errors right now. Hopefully we get something similar lol

True Fire

Amazon.com getting hit with price errors right now. Hopefully we get something similar lol

I have a crazy case of FOMO right now. Those prices were appalling. I bet there was an entire iceberg of messed up prices that no one even discovered.

(Talking in past tense, but I believe the glitch is still happening)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom