• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
I would honestly spend 20$ more and get the 4tb version

Nice find!

Judging by the size/speed, I'm guessing the 4TB is essentially a RAID array? Wonder what that'll mean for failure rates.

edit: yep, it's a RAID 0 array. So essentially:

Double the physical size
Double the capacity
Double the speed
Double the failure rate

Use those metrics to make your decision.

Perfect drive for something like an external PC games or PS4/XB1 drive. But if data redundancy is a factor, better going with the 2TB.

edit2: oh, that just applies to the 4TB Backup Plus Fast. Regular 4TB isn't RAID 0.

theRizzle

I ordered a Rift and it's preparing for shipping even though when placing the order it said it'll ship in 1-3 months. The touch controllers still say they'll be awhile. I just sent customer service an email to clear up the $100 credit thing to cover myself in case there's a mix up.

Anytime I have seen something listed as 1-3 months and it was from Amazon actual, not some seller, I have gotten it in a matter of a week or sometimes even shorter. It seems to be their standard date for "We have some either on the way or ordered, but no idea when it'll get here"

krae_man

Okay, Playstation Platinum headset for $155 was a pretty good deal.

At least I got something out of this.

Did the $100 gift card thing and saved another $5. Did the $25 Gift card thing too, but that credit doesn't come for 2 days so I'll have to use that later.

CazTGG

Even Breakfast Television called out Prime Day for having non-sales.

Goodbye Prime. Not renewing, between this and a five failed release date deliveries this year, nope.

Ha.

Prime was a waste this year. Even the double discount doesn't make up for the "deals" we're getting year-round via AP.

Reich

Okay, Playstation Platinum headset for $155 was a pretty good deal.

At least I got something out of this.

Did the $100 gift card thing and saved another $5. Did the $25 Gift card thing too, but that credit doesn't come for 2 days so I'll have to use that later.

49$ two years ago @ Bestbuy glitch.

khaaan

Thinking of getting a Kindle Paper White @ $99 for the wifi only version...isn't that the usual msrp though? Maybe I'm thinking of OG Kindle.

True Fire

I'm really excited for my Philips Hue 😍

Once we get Echo I'll be able to control my lights with just my voice. Talk about living in the future.

My $0 sailor Moon r season 2 part 2 is preparing for shipment!

😖 I've never felt so disappointed in a potentially free item before. Lol

Reckheim

Any of the people that ended up getting the switch from walmart, has it shipped yet for you?

Still saying its getting ready for shipping since yesterday.

BTails

Any of the people that ended up getting the switch from walmart, has it shipped yet for you?

Still saying its getting ready for shipping since yesterday.

Still waiting on the ship. Kinda kicking myself now, because Amazon.ca had them today, with Prime shipping.

Oh well, as long as I have it by end of next week when I fly across the country, I'm happy.

Reckheim

Still waiting on the ship. Kinda kicking myself now, because Amazon.ca had them today, with Prime shipping.

Oh well, as long as I have it by end of next week when I fly across the country, I'm happy.

Yeh, i'm moving next week so I want to have something to play during the hubub.

They are still saying it will be delivered tomorrow so fingers crossed.

sh1fty

This "Primeday" sucks big time for Amazon CA.... US has way better deals going on now.

I was hoping the regular Kindle ($79.99) would go on sale, like it is right now in the US, but it doesn't appear it will for CA.

The math doesn't make sense on some of these 'deals' too... Prey for PS4 is $48.99 in CA, but $29.99 on Amazon US.. with the x-change rate it should be around $39.

Vamphuntr

This "Primeday" sucks big time for Amazon CA.... US has way better deals going on now.

I was hoping the regular Kindle ($79.99) would go on sale, like it is right now in the US, but it doesn't appear it will for CA.

The math doesn't make sense on some of these 'deals' too... Prey for PS4 is $48.99 in CA, but $29.99 on Amazon US.. with the x-change rate it should be around $39.

US and CA are different companies. The US branch probably bought more copies of Prey than the Canadian branch and are stuck with much more stock so they are clearing it out at a better price. Exchange rate has little to do with deals.

sh1fty

US and CA are different companies. The US branch probably bought more copies of Prey than the Canadian branch and are stuck with much more stock so they are clearing it out at a better price. Exchange rate has little to do with deals.

All of Amazon CA's deals feel like crap they've had on stock and want to get rid of. Would be great if I was looking for crappy headphones and aftermarket controllers :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom