• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one interested in the Sony MDRXB950B1? A Bluetooth headphone for $99 seems kinda tempting. Any thoughts?

Oh, that's weird, those were $125 earlier today. I looked up reviews earlier, and there don't seem to be many reviews of them. What reviews I did find don't look good: overly bassy (even with bass boost off), muddy, etc. Didn't know rtings did headphone reviews but here's theirs, it's not great. r/headphones doesn't really like it either, and head-fi doesn't even really acknowledge their existence, which is a bad sign. Here's a particularly damning review that makes them sound like Beats bass-overload bullshit.

I would love to find a replacement for my Mee Matrix 2 headphones, which are still going strong but require tape to hold together, but these do not look good.

Can the Amazon $25 Gift Card +$5 promo be applied to previous orders?

Pretty sure you can add the gift card to previous orders. But if you have any orders with the tax glitch, I wouldn't risk it. It'd recalculate and likely add the tax back on. The $5 promo would only be able to be used for future orders.

Non-gift card credit can sometimes be added to an order when you update payment method. When I did the tax glitch on one of my pre-orders before, it automatically added my $10 of Courtesy Credit. There's a good chance it works the same way for the gift card promo credit.

Conezays

FYI, Amazon chat confirmed to me they will add $100 credit to my account if I place an order for the Rift/Touch bundle. Additionally, they said if it "does not appear within 3-4 hours to contact them." Will update once the credit is in my account.

Update: Next person said this was said in error but I provided proof of the advertised deal and what the prior representative said. They said the credit will be applied when it ships.

zroid

Banned
WTF. Why does the retail chain with 6 locations in the country get this, while EB Games has that stupid cup

UbQsunizT1KE2fWRXVxX3w.png

BTails

Ordered a Neon Switch, I wanted that colour more. Call Walmart, and they're "trying" to cancel my order. If they can't, I just have to return it in store, which isn't a huge deal.

BTails

how did you manage to get a hold of someone at walmart?

I called and hit the button where it said "if you're calling for something else, push this button" and it put me through to a real person. He told me that the Switch is being sent straight from Nintendo to Walmart's Mississauga warehouse, then to me, and it's already on route to the warehouse. So he put through a request to cancel, but confirmed that if it still goes through, I can just take it back to the nearest store (6ish minute drive from my house).

Well worth the hassle for the Neon colour.

Reckheim

I called and hit the button where it said "if you're calling for something else, push this button" and it put me through to a real person. He told me that the Switch is being sent straight from Nintendo to Walmart's Mississauga warehouse, then to me, and it's already on route to the warehouse. So he put through a request to cancel, but confirmed that if it still goes through, I can just take it back to the nearest store (6ish minute drive from my house).

Well worth the hassle for the Neon colour.

Didn't give me that option, i'll just wait it out I quess, hype got the best of me.

Holy crap Neon Switch still in stock at Amazon. It's SO fucking tempting but I'm unemployed...

Think I'l wait until I can find a part time job before buying.

However, the fact that it's still up even after an hour makes me believe there won't be too many stock issues this fall.

r3n4ud

Holy crap Neon Switch still in stock at Amazon. It's SO fucking tempting but I'm unemployed...

Think I'l wait until I can find a part time job before buying.

However, the fact that it's still up even after an hour makes me believe there won't be too many stock issues this fall.
This fall? Ya, Mario is coming :/

Hello,

Greetings from Amazon.

I'm sorry that you haven't received $100 credit.

I've checked and see that the promotion to receive $100 is on amazon.com.

As you've placed order on amazon.ca I'm sorry you're not eligible for promotion.

I hope this helps.

Hello,

Greetings from Amazon.

I'm sorry for the incorrect information provided. Please ignore previous e-mail.

I've checked and see that the promotion was available on amazon.ca as well but the promotion has been expired now.

Further, in order to receive the $100 credit, a gift card order of $100 should be placed along with those two items in the same order.

I hope this helps.

amazon pls.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Ahhhhhh FUCK I would REALLY REALLY RATHER PUT THAT MONEY TOWARDS A 1080 Ti.................

I AM SO WEAK SEND HELP

Jashobeam

Might just bite on that switch, dont want the hassle of hunting one down later on, it would suck hard to have Mario Odyssey in your hands and no system to play it on.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Join the cool kids like me and wait until the fall for a Switch.

...If you're talking about the Switch that is
Fall is gonna be expensive as shit though. New Xbox and iPhone and a load of games... but I kinda wanna unwrap a Switch on Christmas day.
But I could REALLY use a portable gaming machine for the next 2.5 weeks.
At the same time I wanted to wait for a Switch 2 with better battery.

Fall is gonna be expensive as shit though. New Xbox and iPhone and a load of games... but I kinda wanna unwrap a Switch on Christmas day.
But I could REALY use a portable gaming machine for the next 2.5 weeks.
At the same time I wanted to wait for a Switch 2 with better battery.

If you already have an xbox and/or PS4, you can wait on the X. Unless there's some good trade in deals.

I'd rather have a Switch in the fall for Mario though!

jholmes

Anyone with the FFXII $0 order (or people who actually paid for it) know if the steelbook is bilingual or English only? I know the sleeve on it is bilingual.

Vamphuntr

Ahhhhhh FUCK I would REALLY REALLY RATHER PUT THAT MONEY TOWARDS A 1080 Ti.................

I AM SO WEAK SEND HELP

Personally considering the the Switch price and the price of games preorder a GPU is a better deal to me. You can even get new release on the cheap through GMG and cdkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom