• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whales

Banned
any hard drives that can be used to ps4 on sale for prime day? External hard drives?

Evrrytime I try to check I get a "under heavy load" error..
been like that for the whole day...

chrono01

I have been out of the loop, has the SNES already gone up for preorder and sold out? Or are we still waiting.
Blah Blah Blah, something about FCC, Blah Blah Blah.

Honestly, at this point, don't expect pre-orders for this thing at all. But hey, at least NoA will get all of those amazing headlines about the SNES Classic being THE HOT NEW ITEM! Shame the customers will likely have to crawl over each other just to get one for themselves, though.

Maybe I'm being super-negative, but as each day goes on without pre-orders, I continue to lose hope. This is going to be the NES Classic all over again, only it'll be worse (since EVERYONE will be out to get them). Sure they might produce a few more to go around, but it won't matter. Demand will definitely outpace supply.

I don't look forward to it. At all.

Blah Blah Blah, something about FCC, Blah Blah Blah.

Honestly, at this point, don't expect pre-orders for this thing at all. But hey, at least NoA will get all of those amazing headlines about the SNES Classic being THE HOT NEW ITEM! Shame the customers will likely have to crawl over each other just to get one for themselves, though.

Maybe I'm being super-negative, but as each day goes on without pre-orders, I continue to lose hope. This is going to be the NES Classic all over again, only it'll be worse (since EVERYONE will be out to get them). Sure they might produce a few more to go around, but it won't matter. Demand will definitely outpace supply.

I don't look forward to it. At all.

Yea I didnt try for the NES but I SNES is my childhood system :( oh well.

Stage On

When I saw that Sword Art Online Hollow Realization was in the upcoming deals list I was happy since I've been waiting for it to go on sale to get it.

Now after waiting all day for the deal to go active I'm super pissed because they only discounted it by $4!!!! Like come on!!! It was $40 to start with at least knock it down to $29.99!!!!

Hopeford

I ended up getting a SNES pre-order from the UK through a friend who lives there, but I wonder if I'll end up paying more than I'd have with a scalper between the Canadian dollar, import fees and all that haha.

Half considering cancelling it, to be honest.

That's actually not bad. Kinda expected some miner tax on top of it.

Rad, thanks. Gonna order it now then.

i-Jest

When I saw that Sword Art Online Hollow Realization was in the upcoming deals list I was happy since I've been waiting for it to go on sale to get it.

Now after waiting all day for the deal to go active I'm super pissed because they only discounted it by $4!!!! Like come on!!! It was $40 to start with at least knock it down to $29.99!!!!

Deals are dying a slow death here in Canada, like the retail space :p

etta

my hard graphic balls
NOOOOOO I TOOK A SHOWER AND WANTED TO BUY THE SWITCH AND IT IS OUT OF STOCK NOW FUCK YOU BLUE PHAZON

Iced

NOOOOOO I TOOK A SHOWER AND WANTED TO BUY THE SWITCH AND IT IS OUT OF STOCK NOW FUCK YOU BLUE PHAZON

Well you don't shower when you're Switch hunting...

Also no food, sleep, sex (although the no showering thing takes care of that handily).

etta

my hard graphic balls
Well you don't shower when you're Switch hunting...

Also no food, sleep, sex (although the no showering thing takes care of that handily).
I wasn’t hunting really, I wanted to use the shower to induce a decision...
Better grab a waterproof smartphone so you're always ready
...yea exactly.

Maybe it’s for the best because there’s a Splatoon 2 bundle coming out on the 21st? What’s the price on that?
Also, what stock alert tool do you guys use?

Anyone know how these Amazon Basics rechargeable batteries are for Xbox One controllers? Is this a good price for an 8-pack?

Also, how do you charge them?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00HZV9WTM/
you useany battery charger that accepts aa batteries, though i reccomend using a non quick charger since they apppear to get very very hot in a quick charger

though honestly you are better off getting the plug and play kit, since changing batteries are a pain with the xbox one controller in my experience

kennah

Anyone know how these Amazon Basics rechargeable batteries are for Xbox One controllers? Is this a good price for an 8-pack?

Also, how do you charge them?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00HZV9WTM/

They're great. I've replaced all my batteries with the Amazon basics. They work just as well as my Eneloops.

I use my Eneloop charger, but pretty much any charger will work with them. May as well get this charger that comes with some batteries and is a Prime Deal.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01KHU3UX6/

Or this one, which is the same but doesn't come with batteries and is cheaper.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01DZYCIMK/

etta

my hard graphic balls
Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, I think it worked somehow.
It said not available in the wishlist but on the page itself it said one in stock, I added it and it worked all the way through!!!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Yea hmmm, I’m tempted for Zelda, but I can just buy one at Christmas hmmmmm...

I just finished a 4 hour session of Zelda.

This game is legendary. Trust me when I say it will change your life.

#fallswitchmasterrace

Don't worry homie they'll get plenty of stock this holiday B E L I E V E

Edit: nvm :(

It said not available in the wishlist but on the page itself it said one in stock, I added it and it worked all the way through!!!

etta

my hard graphic balls
I just finished a 4 hour session of Zelda.

This game is legendary. Trust me when I say it will change your life.
I’ve never played any of the others, not really a Nintendo person outside of Matio Kart and Mario Party a few times in my life with a bunch of people when we got together.
There’s really not a whole lot of logic in getting it just for Zelda though, fuck, now that the order has gone through I am having doubts fuck.
Oh well, it will come in handy for the next two and a half weeks because I don’t have access to my consoles or PC.
#fallswitchmasterrace

Don't worry homie they'll get plenty of stock this holiday B E L I E V E

Edit: nvm :(
lols

i-Jest

Good stuff. On a slightly separate note, is anyone waiting for the Switch Splatoon bundle?

I’ve never played any of the others, not really a Nintendo person outside of Matio Kart and Mario Party a few times in my life with a bunch of people when we got together.
There’s really not a whole lot of logic in getting it just for Zelda though, fuck, now that the order has gone through I am having doubts fuck.
Oh well, it will come in handy for the next two and a half weeks because I don’t have access to my consoles or PC.

lols

As someone who has Zelda for WiiU, I can assure you it's worth it.

And as for not playing previous Zeldas, don't worry about because it's an independent story (most Zelda stories are independent with reincarnations of the main characters). And also, the game plays completely differently from previous Zeldas so it's not like the previous games will ease you into the mechanics

Good stuff. On a slightly separate note, is anyone waiting for the Switch Splatoon bundle?

Wait this is coming to NA? I thought it was EU/Japan only. I hope it does though cause that pink/green joycons are 🔥🔥🔥

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

lols

I tried a bunch of Zelda games over the years but never got into them. BotW is pretty much a reinvention of the series and quite possibly best open world game ever.

You won't regret it. It also helps that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the best kart racer around. Splatoon 2 next week. Thats a lot of quality gaming time.

Is anybody familiar with the retailer Canex.ca?

I'm looking to finally get a 4K TV for my Pro and they seem to be the only place with the X800D still in stock (unless there's a better alternative?).

Ventara

Don't doubt yourself. You'll have to try it for yourself, and who knows, it may not be for you, but as someone who's not too familiar with Zelda outside ALBW and wasn't expecting much, BotW may be my favourite game ever, and I definitely think it alone is worth the price of a Switch.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
They're great. I've replaced all my batteries with the Amazon basics. They work just as well as my Eneloops.

I use my Eneloop charger, but pretty much any charger will work with them. May as well get this charger that comes with some batteries and is a Prime Deal.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01KHU3UX6/

Or this one, which is the same but doesn't come with batteries and is cheaper.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01DZYCIMK/

What about EBL 2800mAh?. EBL or amazon basics ? It's a similar price.

I've read that peoples don't put much faith into EBL's claim of longetivity..

etta

my hard graphic balls
I tried a bunch of Zelda games over the years but never got into them. BotW is pretty much a reinvention of the series and quite possibly best open world game ever.

You won't regret it. It also helps that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the best kart racer around. Splatoon 2 next week. Thats a lot of quality gaming time.

Don't doubt yourself. You'll have to try it for yourself, and who knows, it may not be for you, but as someone who's not too familiar with Zelda outside ALBW and wasn't expecting much, BotW may be my favourite game ever, and I definitely think it alone is worth the price of a Switch.
Sounds good, I’ll just keep it for Zelda now, and Rabbids looks fun. Maybe Odyssey.

By the way, does the dock actually scratch the screen? I’m not putting a screen protector on it, all my devices are without protectors and are fine. But do I need to use a cloth when docked or something?

i-Jest

Wait this is coming to NA? I thought it was EU/Japan only. I hope it does though cause that pink/green joycons are 🔥🔥🔥

I'm giving some thought to importing but I HOPE we get it in North America. After how we've been screwed over for the Metroid special edition, we need a win to look forward to.

Ventara

Sounds good, I’ll just keep it for Zelda now, and Rabbids looks fun. Maybe Odyssey.

By the way, does the dock actually scratch the screen? I’m not putting a screen protector on it, all my devices are without protectors and are fine. But do I need to use a cloth when docked or something?

I bought mine not too long ago and put a screen protector on it. When I take it out of the dock, I do notice 2 small smudges on the bottom corners of the screen. I say screen, but I actually mean the glass borders and not the actual part that displays anything.

lols

This Zelda is unlike any of the other Zeldas. It's more like how Mario 64 was back in '96, a transcendent game for sure. You can play for 10 minutes or 6 hours and still accomplish something. Personally I loved like most others, but never finished it and burnt out after 55 hours (plus Persona 5 came out).

If the Switch will be your primary system it's well worth it. But if you have a PS4, it may not take you away completely from 2017's big releases.

Edit: yeah pretty much what Bronetta said is right. I'm bored to tears of Kart racers but I respect MK8D for what it is. Splatoon is popular in Japan which lends well IMO if your interests seem to align with Japanese gamers. Most of your friends will still prefer Overwatch and CoD. Rabbids looks great and looks like XCom with a Mario world skin and that's not a bad thing.

zroid

Banned
I don't use a screen protector, but I always wipe the screen with a cloth before docking it. So far it's worked at preventing scratches.

I don't use a screen protector, but I always wipe the screen with a cloth before docking it. So far it's worked at preventing scratches.

Not sure how long that will work for you - it's not just particles left on the screen that could scratch it, but the plastic of the Dock itself, too.

Robert807

Is anybody familiar with the retailer Canex.ca?

I'm looking to finally get a 4K TV for my Pro and they seem to be the only place with the X800D still in stock (unless there's a better alternative?).

I never bought from there before. This is important tho
The 43" has a VA panel and the 49" has an IPS panel.
People say the va panel has better black levels.
I couldn't find the x800D, so I bought the 800E, I like this tv. I admit I haven't compared it to other 4K tvs.

Stage On

Prime day more like Lame day. I didn't spend a cent

I wasn't expecting much, I would have been pretty happy if even one of the several games I've been waiting on to get a modest $10-20 discount.

I never bought from there before. This is important tho
The 43" has a VA panel and the 49" has an IPS panel.
People say the va panel has better black levels.
I couldn't find the x800D, so I bought the 800E, I like this tv. I admit I haven't compared it to other 4K tvs.

Thanks, appreciate the input.

I was planning on getting the 43 but I can only seem to find the 49 available from this website for the same price.

I'd rather get the X800E since it's the newer model, but it's also a couple $100 more expensive or so.

I've been putting off getting a 4K HDR TV for the longest time now, but there's a lot of factors at play.

Luigi87

So uh, I got FFXII HD Steelbook for $31

But now I just got this email

You saved $15.00 with Amazon.ca's Pre-order Price Guarantee! The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

Final Fantasy Xii The Zodiac Age Steel Book, Playstation 4
Price on order date: $79.99
Price charged at shipping: $79.99
Lowest price before release date: $64.99
Amount to be refunded: $15.00
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $15.00
$15.00 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.

You will automatically receive a refund of $15.00. You will receive an additional e-mail when this refund is processed.

So... huh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom