• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrible

Banned
Yeah I only got charged once too, though having totally forgotten about the game it was still a surprise! It was so cheap that I probably wouldn't have canceled it anyway I guess.

terrible

Banned
I'm not getting a $15 refund for FFXII, I'm getting a $15 + $1.95 tax refund. Lol. I'll laugh if those of you that got it for $0 get a refund somehow too. Might as well get paid to take the game off their hands.

I'm not getting a $15 refund for FFXII, I'm getting a $15 + $1.95 tax refund. Lol. I'll laugh if those of you that got it for $0 get a refund somehow too. Might as well get paid to take the game off their hands.

I haven't received anything yet for my $0 order.

Felldoh

I caved and bought the Oculus Rift + Touch Bundle for $549 off Amazon Canada. It also comes with a $100 Amazon.ca Gift Certificate just like US.

It was either getting the Oculus or the Nintendo Switch. I figured that I could wait a bit longer for the Switch's library to grow

But damn, Amazon.ca estimates a 1-3 month shipping time for my Oculus Rift + Touch Bundle...

Well I got a bunch of games to go through in my backlog so that will hopefully ease the wait

Blam

I caved and bought the Oculus Rift + Touch Bundle for $549 off Amazon Canada. It also comes with a $100 Amazon.ca Gift Certificate just like US.

It was either getting the Oculus or the Nintendo Switch. I figured that I could wait a bit longer for the Switch's library to grow

But damn, Amazon.ca estimates a 1-3 month shipping time for my Oculus Rift + Touch Bundle...

Well I got a bunch of games to go through in my backlog so that will hopefully ease the wait

Probably need to give em some time to grab some more stock. It's most likely going to change in a week.

Leeness

Jealous of everyone who got XII for cheap :( I preordered it a while ago and it was only ever $64.99. I guess there's nowhere that has it cheaper at this point... waiting for a few months :(

I will laugh pretty hard if Amazon actually processes all of these Zodiac Age refunds. At the same time i will also enjoy my 16.95 :).

No actual refund yet on my side.

"You will automatically receive a refund of $16.95. You will receive an additional e-mail when this refund is processed."

Got the email. Amazon is insane. All in all, got it for $15 if this actually goes through. Congrats to those who are actually getting paid by Amazon to play FFXII lol

I just got a $15 refund email from amazon for FFXII steelbook. I checked my order status and its now showing a refund total for that amount.

I'll take it! Thanks amazon! :D

I just got a $15 refund email from amazon for FFXII steelbook. I checked my order status and its now showing a refund total for that amount.

I'll take it! Thanks amazon! :D

My order status page now shows the refund as well, but no email yet for refund processing (just the original email that I'd be getting a refund).

God I love Amazon sometimes.

EDIT: Got the refund completed confirmation email now as well!

I regret not buying that Raspberry Pi 3 Bundle that was on sale on Amazon for prime day :/.

Is there anywhere else that has a similar deal to the $79.99 bundle; I just can't justify paying $100 when it was $20 off a couple of days ago.

Fularu

Banned
I regret not buying that Raspberry Pi 3 Bundle that was on sale on Amazon for prime day :/.

Is there anywhere else that has a similar deal to the $79.99 bundle; I just can't justify paying $100 when it was $20 off a couple of days ago.

What was the deal? Because I paid 75$ for the Pi3 board and a 24$ kit with everything in it (bar the SD Card since I had a 64gb one laying around) and I can see it available right now

Edit : this kit https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XXHQWFV/

With a Pi3B board

explodet

Another FFXII take: I just returned the copy I preordered at Best Buy for E3 2016 because it wasn't the steelbook version and they were still charging me $70 for it instead of $65.

Though I think I got the Best Buy reward bucks for it?
That website is a bit of a mess.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Awwwwww shit, the Switch won’t arrive until tomorrow it looks. It has been preparing for shipment since last night...
I guess I’ll just stare at the Zelda case.

kevin1025

Banned
Awwwwww shit, the Switch won’t arrive until tomorrow it looks. It has been preparing for shipment since last night...
I guess I’ll just stare at the Zelda case.

Use the day wisely! Because Zelda's going to eat 70+ hours of your life once the Switch arrives.

Luigi87

Yeah I got the tax refund on the second email.

This is... strange, funny, and kind of sad for Amazon.

Bluenoser

Add me to the list of people who got a $15 refund on FFXII - made my total cost $15 lol. And got the steelbook on release day. Amazon took a bath on these ones. I almost feel bad for them.... almost.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I got an email with the $15 refund but where do I actually see it? No refund on my credit card or the invoice on amazon.

Edit: Guess I should give it some time to show up on my credit card.

Felldoh

How do you check if your order is qualified for the $100 gift certificate?

Sorry for the late reply, if you purchased the Oculus Rift + Oculus Touch bundle you will get the gift certificate sent to you once the product ships.

It was listed under the deals page in the video games section during Prime Day on Amazon Canada. For Amazon US they made it more clear by putting it on the product page.

I also verified it with a chat rep, and they mentioned that it will be sent once they ship it

Probably need to give em some time to grab some more stock. It's most likely going to change in a week.

With the insane demand for the bundle I definitely hope so, can't wait to dive into VR :D

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did anyone who got the game free get a refund? They're paying you to get Final Fantasy. lol

I assume the system is thinking that you bought the game at 80, so it's refunding you that difference instead of taking into account the stacking prime discounts.

CazTGG

This is such a good price that I considered returning the Ryzen 1600 I got for just under $300 all-in. Two extra cores/four extra threads for $95 more is kind of awesome, but I don't actually need 8 cores.

You could probably match it at Mike's Computer Shop for a 10% beat to make the deal all the more tempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom