• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok amazon, you win. I'll keep Prime for another year lol.

Between this steelbook, the preorder discounts and free lunches that I get from people who ask me to order things on my Prime it's paying out pretty good.

I ended up getting a partial refund on my FFXII order thanks to a price drop. I got $17 back, which is great since I used a gift card and only ended up paying about $6.50 for the game.

EDIT: That'll teach me to not read the last page. Looks like this happened for many people.

You could probably match it at Mike's Computer Shop for a 10% beat to make the deal all the more tempting.

Someone apparently already tried in the r/bapcsalescanada subreddit, and Mike's told them "no way, this is way under our cost."

Also, I really don't need more tempting!

Firestorm

If anyone in Vancouver wants a 2DS XL sealed with receipt and save the taxes so it's just $200 straight let me know? I can just go trade in my old original 3DS using that EB promo.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Still funny to me that the Splatoon 2 pro controller is $10 more than the normal one. $10 more for something that's uglier.

Still funny to me that the Splatoon 2 pro controller is $10 more than the normal one. $10 more for something that's uglier.

Nintendo did a similar thing with Sun/Moon steelbook dual-pack (or maybe it was the Fire Emblem one) last year. It was 120$ but buying both seperately was cheaper, essentially a 20$ steelbook.

That said, I'm a sucker who pre-ordered the Splatoon 2 controller. I like the funkiness, reminds me of weird N64 color options.

Did anyone else's Splatoon 2 pre-order on Amazon lose its release date delivery? Mine's back to saying pending date.

Mine is the same, after changing the payment method. They stopped offering release date delivery on it about a month ago I think, so if you have made or make any changes to your order after that then it'll disappear thanks to how Amazon's system works.

kevin1025

Banned
Mine is the same, after changing the payment method. They stopped offering release date delivery on it about a month ago I think, so if you have made or make any changes to your order after that then it'll disappear thanks to how Amazon's system works.

Ah I see, thanks! Weird that release guarantee can wander on and off rather than being automatic from then onward.

Ah I see, thanks! Weird that release guarantee can wander on and off rather than being automatic from then onward.

Splatoon is the only time I've seen it happen. I think maybe after they had trouble with a lot of ARMS deliveries they might have been scared to over-promise on Splatoon. Just a theory though!

BTW, when I went on chat to inquire about the pending delivery date, they handed me a $10 credit. Didn't ask for any compensation, just asked if they knew it would change or not. (They didn't) May be worth a try.

iphys

If the dollar hits 80 cents, how long will it take before we actually see them drop game prices to $75 instead of milking us for $80 though, sigh.

Thanks a lot for this, preordered all the amiibo in separate orders just in case I decide to cancel. I certainly hope Kingdom Hearts 3 doesn't come out any time soon because I have a LOT of copies coming in.

What are the odds these are actually available in store? A bunch of Reward Zone credit just showed up from last E3 and I've gotta spend it on something.

Sober

Yep. The only time we might see a drop of normal MSRP is down to $70 if the $ gets to $0.86 and even then it probably wouldn't unless it was $0.90.
At 0.90$, it won't, we might have to wait for literal parity.

And then it's still like 18 months out, cause they will justify us reaching parity as an anomaly as long as they can.

leeman

Thanks a lot for this, preordered all the amiibo in separate orders just in case I decide to cancel. I certainly hope Kingdom Hearts 3 doesn't come out any time soon because I have a LOT of copies coming in.

What are the odds these are actually available in store? A bunch of Reward Zone credit just showed up from last E3 and I've gotta spend it on something.

Hard to say. BestBuy went with online only for Majora's Mask Link, not sure if they are shifting their model to online only for amiibo or if that was only for the exclusive amiibo.

kevin1025

Banned
Splatoon is the only time I've seen it happen. I think maybe after they had trouble with a lot of ARMS deliveries they might have been scared to over-promise on Splatoon. Just a theory though!

BTW, when I went on chat to inquire about the pending delivery date, they handed me a $10 credit. Didn't ask for any compensation, just asked if they knew it would change or not. (They didn't) May be worth a try.

Hmm, I may try that. Do you have the double discount? I'm always a tad nervous to ask about those sorts of orders in case they catch it.

Sealtest

they cant, which is why im in this situation

You could always just allow it to be shipped and either return it to the store or sell it to someone.

I know this may be what you don't want but walmart CS is always random.

Edit - NVM I read you don't have money to cover it anymore.

mackaveli

Has anyone's FFXII steel book ship today or yesterday? Mine still says preparing to ship on amazon for a couple of days. I hope it ships but I'm starting to have doubts.

Joel_Dawson

Neo Member
As sad as it is I'm already planning how to line up for a SNES classic as pre orders look like a distant fantasy. From prior experience when does Wal-Mart or Eb Games allow people to line up? 12 hours before? Does it vary by store? Wal-Mart seems like a better bet but also could result in 'mad dashes'. What say you Gaf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom