• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

I'm curious: What's everyone's Prime Day haul, if any?
$0.00 price glitch error for Accel World Vol 1 & 2 on Bluray. This is assuming it actually ships and doesn't get cancelled.

(That's right, the only "deal" I got was yet another price glitch/error. Keep those deals coming, Amazon!)

Whales

Banned
Only thing i got from the sale was the 2tb firecuda hard drive too.

Cant wait to put it into my ps4 and not have to worry about storage every damn day

Anyone have any ideas where I could buy the original squid amiibo (orange or green) in North America, or with fast shipping? By fast shipping, I mean before the end of August. Cheapest I can find it on eBay is $40 - unless I go for a Japanese import, but I'm worried about how long that will take to ship.

SickBoy

My prime day haul: Exploding Kittens card game. My wife had been talking about getting it to play with the kids anyway.

I think she would've asked me to grab the Instant Pot that was on sale, but I think for a friend of hers.

That's it. I think the least Prime Day stuff I've bought since being a member.

I was thinking about the Firecuda, but it struck me that I probably shouldn't buy a hard drive I really don't need. I can't imagine needing more storage before Black Friday, Boxing Day or maybe even Prime Day 2018.

leeman

Looks like Amazon is in the process of fixing all the Switch / 3DS placeholder prices. The list prices haven't been updated yet, but most of the Prime discounts now reflect the $79.99 Switch game price and the $49.99 3DS game price. Active on Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario & Luigi, Metroid: Samus Returns, etc. Seems like they are retroactively fixing orders too.

EBGames has mostly updated their prices to the correct ones as well.

I'm curious: What's everyone's Prime Day haul, if any?

I bought way too much stuff for how crummy of a sale it was overall.

Soylent Coffiest 12 pack - because I was curious what it tastes like
Instant Pot Duo - Seemed like a decent, lazy way to cook and the reviews for it are kind of ridiculous
Luxe Bidet Neo 110 - *cough*
TP-Link HS110KIT - 2 pack wifi smart plugs. Convinced myself that I 'd rig one of them up my portable AC unit and control it with a raspberry pi clone I've got laying around.
And a bunch of AmazonBasics:
AA Rechargeable Batteries (8-Pack)
AA High-Capacity Rechargeable Batteries (8-Pack)
AAA Rechargeable Batteries (8-Pack)
AAA High-Capacity Rechargeable Batteries (8-Pack)
2 x 200J surge protector/power bar, and 1 x 790J
4-Piece Packing Cube Set
1/4-Inch Yoga and Exercise Mat with Carrying Strap
Nylon CD/DVD Binder (400 Capacity)
Digital Kitchen Scale - this wasn't even on sale. I just wanted one.

kevin1025

Banned

Instant Pot Duo - Seemed like a decent, lazy way to cook and the reviews for it are kind of ridiculous
TP-Link HS110KIT - 2 pack wifi smart plugs. Convinced myself that I 'd rig one of them up my portable AC unit and control it with a raspberry pi clone I've got laying around.
4-Piece Packing Cube Set

How are the AmazonBasics AA rechargeable batteries in Xbox controllers, if anyone knows? Always been curious about their controller use.

i actually bought some amazon basics for my xbox one controller but i found changing batteries on the xbox one to be too much of a pain so i got the plug and play kit

Sober

i actually bought some amazon basics for my xbox one controller but i found changing batteries on the xbox one to be too much of a pain so i got the plug and play kit
Coming from the DualShock 4, I got the charge and play kit to not have to deal with AA batteries. It's stupid to have to pay a premium on top but whatever.

kevin1025

Banned
They are awesome. Same quality as Eneloops but in Amazon packaging.

Coming from the DualShock 4, I got the charge and play kit to not have to deal with AA batteries. It's stupid to have to pay a premium on top but whatever.

I'll see where everything's at during Black Friday. Thanks, all! I'm leaning toward the Amazon batteries, though, their prices are pretty fantastic.

kinger

Anyone have any ideas where I could buy the original squid amiibo (orange or green) in North America, or with fast shipping? By fast shipping, I mean before the end of August. Cheapest I can find it on eBay is $40 - unless I go for a Japanese import, but I'm worried about how long that will take to ship.
The one that came in the three pack? Maybe try your luck in store at Walmart, they were clearing them out for $10 a while back.

i actually would prefer to use aa batteries but taking the cover off and changing the batteries are harder to do than they should be

Savitar

Anyone got an example of FFXII being for around 32 bucks? One Amazon rep tried to help me and it knocked the price up to 59 by accident and they're being tough to deal with, if can prove to them other people got it for cheaper might be able to get back the price I had right up until the change.

Anyone got an example of FFXII being for around 32 bucks? One Amazon rep tried to help me and it knocked the price up to 59 by accident and they're being tough to deal with, if can prove to them other people got it for cheaper might be able to get back the price I had right up until the change.

That's going to be tough to get. It was basically a Prime glitch for those who got it. Mine came out to $0. They gave me a free game.

Ryde3

4-Piece Packing Cube Set

I also bought the Soylent to try it out, I've always been intrigued. I also picked up that Astro a40 headset+mixamp hoping it actually comes with the mixamp. I'll return it if it doesn't come with it.

Neither have shipped yet though...

No_Style

My Prime Day haul.

• Oral-B Black 1000 Crossaction Power
  • Samsonite Pulse DLX 2-Piece
  • Oral-B PRO 1000
  • Not Prime Day deal but still received discount: Zojirushi NPC-HCC18XH Induction Rice Cooker
  • Skittles 320gm
  • Instant Pot Duo 8qt 7-in-1 Pressure Cooker
  • Nest 3.0
  • Tumi Alpha Brooks Bag
  • Nespresso VertuoLine with Aeroccino 3 by Breville, Chrome
  • TP-Link UH400 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub

I'll see where everything's at during Black Friday. Thanks, all! I'm leaning toward the Amazon batteries, though, their prices are pretty fantastic.

Yeah, I've already got some eneloops but could always use more rechargeables. I figured it was worth trying the Amazon ones out with how cheap they were on sale for and the reviews are all very positive.

I went the other way with the 360 controller when I first bought some eneloops years ago and dropped my play and charge kit in favour of using rechargeables. Swapping out batteries with the Xbox One controller is a bit more cumbersome but never bothered me enough to grab a play and charge for it.

I also bought the Soylent to try it out, I've always been intrigued. I also picked up that Astro a40 headset+mixamp hoping it actually comes with the mixamp. I'll return it if it doesn't come with it.

Neither have shipped yet though...
I've tried the Soylent powder and cacao flavour before. The powder tastes kind of like pancake batter which I wasn't a fan of. I tried flavouring it with cocoa powder and powdered peanut butter which turned out alright. The cacao flavoured drink kind of tastes like a cheap/generic chocolate milk - it's not especially great tasting, but enjoyable and tasted better than the powdered Soylent that I flavoured. It's all a bit too expensive in Canada though, otherwise I'd consider getting more of it for the convenience factor.

canonj

I see that Best Buy has also reduced their Switch game prices from $99.99 to $79.99. [Edit: As Captain_Wreckus posted above]

Speaking of which, I ordered Mario Odyssey during E3, and my order still shows the old $99.99 price. Their FAQ said that if the price is lowered before release then you get 20% off the new lower price, but that hasn't happen yet. I have a feeling that I'm going to have to call in to have this fixed...ugh.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Any idea where will be the cheapest place to buy Splatoon 2? I'm thinking of trading-in my Wii U Pro Controller at EBGames and buy the game there. Any other suggestions?

Any idea where will be the cheapest place to buy Splatoon 2? I'm thinking of trading-in my Wii U Pro Controller at EBGames and buy the game there. Any other suggestions?

It's going to be pretty much the same price everywhere at launch.

Your best bet was getting in on those E3 deals.

krae_man

They just want your email to send you other crap.

Well, they are tempting fate with CASL since the permission they requested is pretty narrow:

Yes, I would like to receive updates on Super Nintendo Entertainment System Classic Edition and promotional email communications related to Super Nintendo Entertainment System Classic Edition from EB Games Canada. I understand that I can unsubscribe at any time.

They can only send emails about SNES Classic and SNES Classic accessories I tell you hwhat.

superbad

Why trade your Pro Controller? I imagine the trade value is somewhere in the $15 range. Not worth it, in my opinion.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

I would love to buy someone’s Wii U pro controller.

Would even do around $50 PayPal shipped.

You two should talk.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Btw has anyone actually seen that $15 FFXII refund from Amazon yet?

Has anyone here bought those amiibo cards from eBay? I want the set for BOTW but don't know what I'm looking for.

Instead of enriching pirates, roll your own using TagMo. My friend showed me his and it was super easy to make if you have an Android phone with NFC. The NTAG215s are about a $1 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom