• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanmisha

Calling around and no local EBs are getting any Take Your Heart editions of Persona 5 for walk-ins. Anyone know if Wal-Mart or Best Buy are getting any?

Google

Cool. Amazon cancelled my Persona 5 PS4 because they couldn't charge my card. This is despite literally buying something last night (a shaver) and having it already delivered to my office today.

I spoke to them and they offered a $5 voucher...

I'm pretty disappointed. Because not only did I lose out on my cheap pre-order, but I've also lost out on my ability to save money due to my prime discount.

Along with this, there is literally no place around to pick up a copy of the game. This sucks.

Mimosa97

What's a fair asking price for a PS4 on Kijiji?

It's an original PS4 a little under a year old, has all the wires, and two controllers that are in a bit of a rough condition. Both of them work, but they have a slight crack at the seam on the handles. I don't want to charge extra for the controllers because of that, but the PS4 itself is in perfect condition. Is $120 about right?

You could easily get 225$ for a PS4 in good condition.

DVCY201

If anyone in Calgary wants, I have a Persona 5 TYH and a Switch Pro Controller. I'll sell both of them at cost. Otherwise, I'll just return them to BB.

Got Persona 5 PS3 and Lego City Switch for cheaper, so I'll be selling them less than MSRP if you're interested too.

6:21 pm, got the email that my Persona 5 TYH from amazon shipped! Woohoo! Was hoping it would be here today, but I guess I can wait for it tomorrow and go to class a little later than usual (or just go to class in game I mean really)

kevin1025

Banned
Huh. ARMS on Amazon says "This item has not yet been released", but then during the Switch game listing, it says Friday, June 23rd for the release date. It would add up with how Nintendo is doing Friday releases lately!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Huh. ARMS on Amazon says "This item has not yet been released", but then during the Switch game listing, it says Friday, June 23rd for the release date. It would add up with how Nintendo is doing Friday releases lately!

Thats a plausible release date. Gives them one final push at E3 before it releases.

Most people are guessing May but I doubt itll release in May since Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is literally releasing at the end of April. It might as well count as a May title and I doubt Nintendo wants to bunch two multiplayer focused titles within a month of each other.

kevin1025

Banned
Thats a plausible release date. Gives them one final push at E3 before it releases.

Most people are guessing May but I doubt itll release in May since Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is literally releasing at the end of April. It might as well count as a May title and I doubt Nintendo wants to bunch two multiplayer focused titles within a month of each other.

Yeah, I was figuring Mario Kart in April, Arms in May, and Splatoon 2 in June; but that would be a little too close together, especially for Nintendo, who loves to space things out. Plus Splatoon 2 may launch a little closer to their paid online service.

I was against Arms at first but now that I've been playing the Switch a bunch, I'm into it, haha.

jholmes

Anyone had their lego city undercover for the switch shipped yet? They charged me earlier today and my estimate is like April 11-12. I was looking at the reviews and load times, I dunno if it's worth the $31. I wished they dropped it down to the original price error.

Mine did. I need to unload it too, I pre-ordered it Day 1 but don't have a Switch.

daftstar

Am I the only one going in store at EB and picking P5 up? I feel like I'm one of the few keeping this store alive lol (it's barren most of the time).

Am I the only one going in store at EB and picking P5 up? I feel like I'm one of the few keeping this store alive lol (it's barren most of the time).

I had to order a TYH copy through them to get the game on time, so technically Amazon is helping them out, I guess.

daftstar

I had to order a TYH copy through them to get the game on time, so technically Amazon is helping them out, I guess.

I canceled my E3 20% off pre-order from Amazon cause of that 2X trade-in-value promo EB was having a few weeks ago. Figured getting it for much cheaper (half price) would beat the convenience of having it delivered. Avoiding the constant need to check for shipment updates is a bonus too.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I canceled my E3 20% off pre-order from Amazon cause of that 2X trade-in-value promo EB was having a few weeks ago. Figured getting it for much cheaper (half price) would beat the convenience of having it delivered. Avoiding the constant need to check for shipment updates is a bonus too.

I did the same thing to avoid shipping woes.

Plus even though Amazon is 20% off, youre still paying tax on it unlike EB who dont charge tax on tradeins.

Amazon: $110 - 20% = $88 + 13% tax = $99.50

EB Games: $110 flat (no tax because I traded games towards it).

$10 difference pretty much but at least I can walk into EB tomorrow morning and they'll have the game ready for pickup.

Speaking of which I thought they called you a day before to confirm its ready for pickup. Its almost 8pm and they still didnt call me.

I should have kept my EB copy. Amazon has dropped the ball so much for me lately I could see myself using eb more.

Sora_N

I have a surprise copy of Persona 5 now, anyone in Vancouver not preorder and want it? Total cost is $70.

I got it from Amazon with 20% off. I have no time to play it, so by the time I can play it the game will be much cheaper anyways.

Amazon threatened to ban me for refunding last year but I may just try to return it anyways because I really don't need it.

EDIT: I'm really really busy this month so I cannot pick up the game from the post office until Wednesday/Thursday earliest - weekend meetup might be easiest but I also have to work on Saturdays. The offer is pretty much for patient people only.

1337Sauce

Has anybody had issues updating payment on Amazon.ca today? It is giving me a weird error. I already have P5 from a couple days ago, but I want to make sure that my TYH edition doesn't get cancelled :( Not worried about the delivery time...just that it does get delivered.

Since everyone else is doing it:

Persona 5 TYH @ Amazon.ca: "Not shipped yet," still ETA tomorrow @ 8pm
Persona 5 TYH @ Best Buy: shipped, Canada Post has tracking
Magical $34.99 Persona 5 PS3 @ Best Buy: shipped, no tracking yet

Come hell or high water, I'll be playing Persona 5 tomorrow.

daftstar

I did the same thing to avoid shipping woes.

Plus even though Amazon is 20% off, youre still paying tax on it unlike EB who dont charge tax on tradeins.

Amazon: $110 - 20% = $88 + 13% tax = $99.50

EB Games: $110 flat (no tax because I traded games towards it).

$10 difference pretty much but at least I can walk into EB tomorrow morning and they'll have the game ready for pickup.

Speaking of which I thought they called you a day before to confirm its ready for pickup. Its almost 8pm and they still didnt call me.

Oh yeah you're right. I didn't receive a call either. They called me on a Sunday for Mass Effect and I was expecting a similar time for P5. Strange.

I should have kept my EB copy. Amazon has dropped the ball so much for me lately I could see myself using eb more.

I kinda fell back on Amazon too after seeing some people reporting delayed shipments. I have an EB like 5 minutes from where I live anyways so couldn't beat that.

I have a surprise copy of Persona 5 now, anyone in Vancouver not preorder and want it?

I got it from Amazon with 20% off. I have no time to play it, so by the time I can play it the game will be much cheaper anyways.

Amazon threatened to ban me for refunding last year but I may just try to return it anyways because I really don't need it.
ban me for refunding
Literally what? How in tf

Erudite

I have a surprise copy of Persona 5 now, anyone in Vancouver not preorder and want it?

PM'd

kevin1025

Banned
Since everyone else is doing it:

Persona 5 TYH @ Amazon.ca: "Not shipped yet," still ETA tomorrow @ 8pm
Persona 5 TYH @ Best Buy: shipped, Canada Post has tracking
Magical $34.99 Persona 5 PS3 @ Best Buy: shipped, no tracking yet

Come hell or high water, I'll be playing Persona 5 tomorrow.

But if they all come tomorrow, which will you play first?!

antibolo

Banned
It was nice of Atlus to put the Japanese voices DLC on the store in advance, for people who got the game early.

I am not one of those people though. Amazon pls

Sora_N

ban me for refunding
Literally what? How in tf

I refunded a few Funko Pops and a Blu-ray because the paint jobs were crap on the funkos, so I stopped buying Funkos off Amazon.

They said I refunded too much and they can close my account if I return too much, etc etc. I think it's because they were in a few separate orders, but they were over the course of 3-4 months.

I refunded a few Funko Pops and a Blu-ray because the paint jobs were crap on the funkos, so I stopped buying Funkos off Amazon.

They said I refunded too much and they can close my account if I return too much, etc etc. I think it's because they were in a few separate orders, but they were over the course of 3-4 months.

I had read stories about this happening, never knew if it (refund ban)was true...wow

Sora_N

I had read stories about this happening, never knew if it (refund ban)was true...wow

P5 actually shipped from my new account and they threatened me based on an older account. I changed my main email, which is why I made a new account.

I wonder if I can subscribe to Prime and then refund the game, maybe they won't threaten or ban me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm really surprised that Amazon can be a dick about refunds. But I guess when you're basically a monopoly, you can set the rules.

Hazu

Some people here need to relax about Persona 5.

My copy hasn't shipped yet too but it's not the end of the wolrd. Just go grab a copy in store tomorrow and return the one being shipped by Amazon once you receive it.

Some people here need to relax about Persona 5.

My copy hasn't shipped yet too but it's not the end of the wolrd. Just go grab a copy in store tomorrow and return the one being shipped by Amazon once you receive it.

You can't just grab the TYH skew in a store tomorrow.

Cactus

Banned
For those of you who have returned an item using a shipping label given to you by the seller, is it as simple as printing it, attaching it to the package, and dropping it in a mailbox? Or would I have to bring it to a Canada Post location to get it scanned or something?

Didn't realise I had the preorder on Persona 5 "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition from Amazon and EB.

If anyone from the Ottawa area wants to take one off my hands, hit me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom