• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

Banned
This has to be the only launch in memory where it has been disadvantageous to be living close to an Amazon warehouse

This has to be the only launch in memory where it has been disadvantageous to be living close to an Amazon warehouse

I'm used to have my stuff shipped at 4am and get it the same day and I already have my TYH edition so it's just completely random.

I'm used to have my stuff shipped at 4am and get it the same day and I already have my TYH edition so it's just completely random.

Vast majority of my delivery notifications occured between 7pm and 2am, for delivery the following day, usually by AMZN. One exception was something shipped by CP instead, which shipped at noon for next day delivery.

IMO if you don't see any movement by 7am, get in contact with them.

Edit: Zelda Switch guides back in stock at amazon.

What's a fair asking price for a PS4 on Kijiji?

It's an original PS4 a little under a year old, has all the wires, and two controllers that are in a bit of a rough condition. Both of them work, but they have a slight crack at the seam on the handles. I don't want to charge extra for the controllers because of that, but the PS4 itself is in perfect condition. Is $120 about right?

Trogdor1123

It's an original PS4 a little under a year old, has all the wires, and two controllers that are in a bit of a rough condition. Both of them work, but they have a slight crack at the seam on the handles. I don't want to charge extra for the controllers because of that, but the PS4 itself is in perfect condition. Is $120 about right?
Wouldn't 200 make more sense?

Lothars

I would say 200 is a fair price to put it at. I think your leaving money on the table if you go at 120.

Lexxism

That's way too cheap. It should be at least $200. If only I have extra cash, I'll buy it.

Samyy

Has anyone elses copy of Persona 5 not ship yet from Amazon?
Getting a little nervous at this point, I need it tomorrow D:

I would look at about 5 similar listings in your area, see what the average is, and post for that amount. You can always reduce the price later, and I'm sure there will be people who will try to negotiate with you anyway.

$120 seems a bit low in my opinion. I just sold my Wii U with wiimotes and controllers for $300. You can sell higher than $120 for a PS4. I believe in you :)

Now, if I could just get rid of these amiibos without Kijiji buyers being weiiird.

$200 seems high when new ones are $288 no tax. With busted controllers I'd go closer to $160.
Yeah, the controllers are holding me back from pricing it too high. They work and you can't feel the crack when you play - but it's still there, which would bother me as a buyer.

I would look at about 5 similar listings in your area, see what the average is, and post for that amount. You can always reduce the price later, and I'm sure there will be people who will try to negotiate with you anyway.

$120 seems a bit low in my opinion. I just sold my Wii U with wiimotes and controllers for $300. You can sell higher than $120 for a PS4. I believe in you :)

Now, if I could just get rid of these amiibos without Kijiji buyers being weiiird.
There are two ads in my area. Both posted last month and both come with console, cords, and one controller. One is $350 and the other $299. I guess $200 would actually be a fair asking price for what I've got.

Gitaroo

anyone ordered their persona 5 collector edition with 25x E3 promo at bestbuy know how much money do we get back from the rewards? I got 110x25/800x10=34.375, so like 30 bucks?

Smo21

I just got the most wtf reply on amazon chat ever about the Persona TYH edition

Aravind: Sam, as because of restrictions considering this item as a hazardous one, all the orders placed for this item was getting cancelled for all customers.

My TYH Edition still hasn't shipped.

Gotta love the Amazon.ca ruse cruise.

Yeah me neither but for real don't worry! There's nothing you can do about it until tomorrow. Like I said, 25+ deliveries over the past year, almost all ship between 7pm (typically later, 10pm ish) and early AM hours.

Don't worry :) Trust me I'm a huge fan too. Wait till morning :)

My call to Amazon gave nothing, just a "call back tomorrow if no movements". Thing is there is no way I get this tomorrow with 2 days shipping considering it leaves from Ontario and I am in Quebec City. Nothing ever shipped and reached me in less than 24 hours with 2 days shipping. My card have not even been charged yet.

By the way, this is not a shipping complaint on my side. If I were to get it next week so be it, I just want the TYH edition. It's how weird and screwy right now that makes me panic and believe that they oversold just to tell us once it's too late to get it elsewhere. Hell, you cannot even order any version of the game on the website right now.

I caught myself calling the edition "Take Your Heart Out" a few times in the past days...

lilty

My TYH shipped a couple hours ago, guaranteed delivery for tomorrow. Don't panic guys, there's still time in the day.

I just got the most wtf reply on amazon chat ever about the Persona TYH edition

As much as I hate shipping talk, I'll throw some of the people having issues a bone. Steelbook edition (the one that was supposed to have those weird hazardous issues??), to Calgary, and got my shipping notice last night. It's shipping via intelcom (seriously my favorite, I ALWAYS get weekend deliveries from these guys) and should be here tomorrow. You can tell that to the BS hazardous replies from Amazon customer reps. SMDH. Does the TYH edition come with a Steelbook or something? I don't know where this hazardous stuff started but it's crap.

Smo21

As much as I hate shipping talk, I'll throw some of the people having issues a bone. Steelbook edition (the one that was supposed to have those weird hazardous issues??), to Calgary, and got my shipping notice last night. It's shipping via intelcom (seriously my favorite, I ALWAYS get weekend deliveries from these guys) and should be here tomorrow. You can tell that to the BS hazardous replies from Amazon customer reps. SMDH. Does the TYH edition come with a Steelbook or something? I don't know where this hazardous stuff started but it's crap.

Wait other people are being told this? I thought i got one crazy chat rep.

tiijj

I don't care about the protector, but how is the case?

Anyone here have it and can recommend it?

I really like the case. It's not a hard case like the hori or rds case. The thing I like about the case is that the switch snugly fits inside, so there are no movements like the hori slim case (and I'm guessing the hori tough case as well). I usually have my switch in my messenger bag and protects it enough. As long as you don't through it around like a wet rag, it's enough to protect the switch.

If you want better protection, there are better cases out there maybe the rds ones, I can't recommend any of the hori cases.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone had their lego city undercover for the switch shipped yet? They charged me earlier today and my estimate is like April 11-12. I was looking at the reviews and load times, I dunno if it's worth the $31. I wished they dropped it down to the original price error.

Got my TYH at like 9:30 which was surprising since when I checked it at 4 am still said it was in Vancouver. I went back to bed after opened it up and am ripping the CD now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom