• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

i-Jest

Well Vancouver needs to get their shit together and actually do a meetup. After I go to this TorontoGAF meetup I'll have officially been to more TorontoGAF meetups than VancouverGAF meetups.

And this will only be the second time I'm even GOING to Toronto. And the second time they're hosting a meetup specifically when I'm there. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

YESsssss

Welcome him my Toronto brethren, welcome him AMONG YOUR RANKS!

Again, I forgot to cancel one of my preorders on Persona 5 "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition.

If anyone from the Ottawa area wants to take one off my hands, hit me up.
Edit: At nothing more than I paid obviously.

DJ_Lae

Shit, I forgot I placed a Persona 5 preorder at EB Games - at least, I thought I canceled it ages ago. Apparently not.

$92.39 after tax from Amazon, $115.49 at EB Games. What a deal!

i-Jest

Shit, I forgot I placed a Persona 5 preorder at EB Games - at least, I thought I canceled it ages ago. Apparently not.

$92.39 after tax from Amazon, $115.49 at EB Games. What a deal!

Double whammy. I try to avoid that with preorders, especially coming from different retailers.

DJ_Lae

Double whammy. I try to avoid that with preorders, especially coming from different retailers.

Yeah, I remember being concerned that Amazon might not get enough and had a backup, but I did think I canceled it a while back. Ah well - it's easy enough to return if no one locally wants it.

I'm in Edmonton if there are any gaffers who didn't get one.

hupla

For 5 days now I've been trying to update my credit card information for my Amazon TYH Persona 5 and now I'm being told the reason i couldn't is they might not be able to fulfil my order what a garbage can of a company Christ

For 5 days now I've been trying to update my credit card information for my Amazon TYH Persona 5 and now I'm being told the reason i couldn't is they might not be able to fulfil my order what a garbage can of a company Christ

The fact that they were just in stock today again makes me think they fucked up all the issue orders royally. If they don't fulfill all the orders that were placed almost a year in advance... geez what a shitshow

The fact that they were just in stock today again makes me think they fucked up all the issue orders royally. If they don't fulfill all the orders that were placed almost a year in advance... geez what a shitshow

Even if CS were able to update my CC while I could not on TYO Edition, I feel like my order is in some kind of limbo.

Kieli

Everytime I come in here, you guys are complaining about Amazon shipping lol.

I usually get the stuff ahead of when they promise it would arrive. They even delivered on a Sunday once for FFXV. o.0

Firestorm

Well Vancouver needs to get their shit together and actually do a meetup. After I go to this TorontoGAF meetup I'll have officially been to more TorontoGAF meetups than VancouverGAF meetups.

And this will only be the second time I'm even GOING to Toronto. And the second time they're hosting a meetup specifically when I'm there. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

man we've had more than two

I think I've been to two Vancouver-GAF meetups and one Toronto-GAF meetup

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
man we've had more than two

I think I've been to two Vancouver-GAF meetups and one Toronto-GAF meetup

I'm pretty sure there's only been two hosted since I joined GAF, and one of them I couldn't go to. I went to the last one.

Smo21

Same - they apparently can't change my shipping speed or anything without 'resetting my place in the queue' - even though my order hasn't been shipped or charged yet.

I got about 8 excuses over the weekend from stock to hazardous (seriously where did this come from?) They still can't change my payment method but I did get a $30 credit and then ordered it again when it showed up in stock(payment for my 2+ hours spent on the phone). Hopefully this one ships. Keep bugging them and you may get an employee that's really willing to try and help

There's some serious issues with their system when they can't do such trivial things without messing up

Still no charge here lol ....

Guys, I'm sorry, being an optimist and haven't had any major shipping issues recently. I feel stupid now for suggesting patience on shipping, was just going by a 20+ orders history.

Also disappointed as mine hasn't shipped :(

Last shred of hope...I ordered Nioh last month for same day shipping and it shipped out in 3 hours, in my hands in 5 hours. Hoping the same will occur for TYH. I guess we'll know by midday.

Going to have to have a conversation with Amazon regarding their release date delivery service. This is getting to be a regular thing.

UberTag

My Persona 5 TYH edition is en route for delivery today.
I really wish there was a way to flag your account to prevent Amazon from using Purolator.
Canada Post can easily get access to my building. Purolator can't and my door buzzer is non-functional.
If I don't catch the truck today, I've gotta jet across town.

Mr.Towel

My Persona 5 TYH edition is en route for delivery today.
I really wish there was a way to flag your account to prevent Amazon from using Purolator.
Canada Post can easily get access to my building. Purolator can't and my door buzzer is non-functional.
If I don't catch the truck today, I've gotta jet across town.

Yeah, I'm in the same situation. Got to point where I just stopped getting stuff sent to my apartment and got it straight to the post office instead.

Just got an amazing customer service email back from Orzly. It was so sincere and straightforward. I almost feel like a jerk lol. Will definitely be using them again.

Nothing here either, and now I see others with later delivery dates got theirs shipped first.

Really hoping Best Buy GCU comes to Canada, because they'd already have a customer in me.

God this is pathetic.

Nothing here either, and now I see others with later delivery dates got theirs shipped first.

Really hoping Best Buy GCU comes to Canada, because they'd already have a customer in me.

God this is pathetic.

Yeah. I would gladly make the switch. Just sent off an email. I am leaving for a trip to England in the next few days so I need them to ship it already.

N° 2048

God this is pathetic.

I talked to Amazon and they took 10$ off and now the order says shipping April 5.

This is such a joke, I ordered as soon as the TYH Edition was announced.

Still no charge on CC. I got the game digital too so I can play but fuck me I want my special edition and now I'm scared I won't get it at all.

God this is pathetic.

Chat says it's entered the shipping phase even though no charges nor does site say so. Lol.

I haven't yet heard of anyone from vancouver or Toronto (city proper) have their TYH shipped yet.

mdubs

Banned
I cancelled my Lego City Undercover, those loads times I read about were too much, and I don't really have the time to play it with P5 coming.

I have Amazon delivering my P5, so I literally have no idea when they will come and I'm not even home. Rip.

jokkir

Update:
Amazon gave me back the Student Amazon Prime back and essentially reset the counter. I feel like I shouldn't try refunding anything for a few months now :|

Amazon got back to me and told me TYH is back-ordered (big shock) and that they upgraded shipping to priority.

If I get the impression it's not going to be here before I leave the country I will just cancel.

Lizardus

I cancelled my Lego City Undercover, those loads times I read about were too much, and I don't really have the time to play it with P5 coming.

I have Amazon delivering my P5, so I literally have no idea when they will come and I'm not even home. Rip.

If the load times are anything like the WiiU version, they are bad. Loved the game but yeah....

Eleanor_Hume

Neo Member
My Persona 5 TYH edition finally shipped from amazon yesterday at 6 PM, should be delivered today. Ordered back in July, located in the GTA for those curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom