• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_N

For those of you who have returned an item using a shipping label given to you by the seller, is it as simple as printing it, attaching it to the package, and dropping it in a mailbox? Or would I have to bring it to a Canada Post location to get it scanned or something?

You can drop it off in a mailbox if it fits, otherwise you have to drop it off at a post office.

nashman

Random question, but anybody have any suggestions on a good 4k TV that'll output HDR for the PS4 pro?

Was looking at this but wasn't sure if it was HDR or not

https://www.costco.ca/Vizio-M55-D0-...D-Home-Theater-Display.product.100301080.html

Pretty sure it's not. I know the 2017 Vizios all are HDR and should be available in the next month or 2 but prolly not for that cheap.

Either wait for those or save up a bit more for Sammy ks8000. Don't go for less than the 8000 Sammy their not real hdr.

Personally I have a Sony 800d at 49" I love it but it's for bedroom so 49 is ok.

Size matters for 4k to really shine.

For the living room I want 65 inch so waiting for 8000 to drop to under 2k. Or will see the how the new Vizios review.

Got to look at lag times too. Buying a 4k HDR is a pain in the ass basically.

RichyMtl

Neo Member
Fellow canadian GAF, I need your help! I ordered Super Robot Wars on Play-Asia and it was shipped on the 25th February after 4 weeks it did not arrived and I contacted Play-Asia, they told me it actually arrived in Canada on March 3rd. I tried contacting Canada Post through Twitter and they were no help!

So anyone knows who, where should I contact? Anyone had this happened before? Thanks for the help!

kurahadol

Pretty sure it's not. I know the 2017 Vizios all are HDR and should be available in the next month or 2 but prolly not for that cheap.

Either wait for those or save up a bit more for Sammy ks8000. Don't go for less than the 8000 Sammy their not real hdr.

Personally I have a Sony 800d at 49" I love it but it's for bedroom so 49 is ok.

Size matters for 4k to really shine.

For the living room I want 65 inch so waiting for 8000 to drop to under 2k. Or will see the how the new Vizios review.

Got to look at lag times too. Buying a 4k HDR is a pain in the ass basically.
Pain in the ass for sure!

Just doing some research now, getting my basement redone so I am going to want a TV for when it's finished. Will be 55 to 65" for sure.

So I'll be patient and hold off a bit until I see the 2017 models or that KS8000 hit more reasonable prices.

antibolo

Banned
I'm really surprised that Amazon can be a dick about refunds. But I guess when you're basically a monopoly, you can set the rules.

If there's anything this thread has teached us, it's that Amazon don't give a fuck.

Speaking of which I have three separate orders from Amazon scheduled for delivery tomorrow (one of them being P5). I wonder which ones Intelcom will fail to deliver on time.

amrod

im hesitating pretty hard on switching my order to this

P5 is my first persona game so im not a huge fan or anything, it's just that for 30$ more you get a decently looking bag + all of the other cool stuff

hmm

I just switched mine

soultron

Banned
im hesitating pretty hard on switching my order to this

P5 is my first persona game so im not a huge fan or anything, it's just that for 30$ more you get a decently looking bag + all of the other cool stuff

hmm

the bag is going to be a cheap piece of crap, you know this

i really think this depends on how much you're potentially into the artbook, of all things included

Whales

Banned

i really think this depends on how much you're potentially into the artbook, of all things included

I looked a some dude unboxing the contents, the bag looked ''okay-ish'' quality

also I could give that cute cat plush to my GF and she'd be happy lol

but nvm, not gonna switch, if I end up loving the game i'll regret not having the artbook later I guess

soultron

Banned
I looked a some dude unboxing the contents, the bag looked ''okay-ish'' quality

also I could give that cute cat plush to my GF and she'd be happy lol

but nvm, not gonna switch, if I end up loving the game i'll regret not having the artbook later I guess

bag looks like it will be the same quality as those terrible goodlife gym bags everyone walks around with haha

you'll probably be able to pick up loose copies of the art book later, or better still, a full art book if ATLUS decides to release one

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

The art book is only around 60 pages, but I've heard that the bag is of surprisingly good quality.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Theres unboxing videos out already, it looks decent enough.

My only gripe is that it doesnt have a shoulder strap to turn into a messenger bag. Im not really a fan of the handbag style straps.

baconcow

Just signed up to Prime, last week. Didn't know the Steelbook version of Persona 5 was also $79.99 or I would have switched my order from the standard edition (which I got for 20% off, during E3, same as the Prime deal).

Yea...no charge for P5 TYH...I don't think I'm getting it tomorrow..

*sigh* Amazon...as usual...

Same. Ah well, when 4 different reps/supervisors all spout the same BS it just makes it all the sweeter when they have to apologize & struggle to keep you as a customer.

If only they had a better system and customer service.

Shame it's ~70 pages less than the JP release and missing the storyboards.

I was hoping Udon would do it, like all the other Persona artbooks...

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
When are we gosing to get a decent PS4 deal? I've heard places in US are selling Uncharted bundles at $199 already but we stuck at this higher price :(

Yea...no charge for P5 TYH...I don't think I'm getting it tomorrow..

*sigh* Amazon...as usual...

I get the feeling these were oversold (with a restock on apr 7, based on the new shipping estimates).

I bet if you login tomorrow, you can order it again with same day shipping and cancel the "preorder".

NolbertoS

Fellow canadian GAF, I need your help! I ordered Super Robot Wars on Play-Asia and it was shipped on the 25th February after 4 weeks it did not arrived and I contacted Play-Asia, they told me it actually arrived in Canada on March 3rd. I tried contacting Canada Post through Twitter and they were no help!

So anyone knows who, where should I contact? Anyone had this happened before? Thanks for the help!

What you can do is tell play asia that it never arrived and show you proof that it did. I had a similar situation where my game was so late in arriving, almost 8 weeks but I complained to play asia. All they can honestly due is check customs for this. Sometimes these games take forever to arrive.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
My TYH order went from Shipping Now back to Preparing for Shipment, and as I was typing out my rage here I got the email that it had shipped.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
It was $288 at Loblaws/:Superstore with no tax this past weekend.
Whaaaaaa? :( well, either way I have roughly $90 credit at EBgames now so I think I'll just get the Uncharted 4 bundle from there. Uncharted 4, Persona 5 and Horizon should keep me very busy for a long time :O

i-Jest

Cool. Amazon cancelled my Persona 5 PS4 because they couldn't charge my card. This is despite literally buying something last night (a shaver) and having it already delivered to my office today.

I spoke to them and they offered a $5 voucher...

I'm pretty disappointed. Because not only did I lose out on my cheap pre-order, but I've also lost out on my ability to save money due to my prime discount.

Along with this, there is literally no place around to pick up a copy of the game. This sucks.

Check the Bestbuy.ca and Amazon.ca order pages over the next few days. Stock is bound to flicker from here on out until maybe late next week. Seems I underestimated the hype for this game. A LOT of non-fans are jumping on this game.

Whales

Banned
amazon has always been good to me

I receive every game on release day and usually they even come before noon

Even my Zelda BotW copy, that I had ordered when I didnt have prime, came on release day (and I changed my shipping speed the day before release lol)

and they shipped my regular p5 steelbook edition now, which is a shame because I was going to dip and get the TYH edition instead but I dont want to have to deal with the hassle of returning an item to them

Socreges

Banned
So I ordered a Switch Pro Controller from BestBuy on Friday. Then ordered another when I realized I could do in-store pickup. Went to cancel the first order and was told, 30 minutes later, it was too late and I'd need to return it to BestBuy once received. And it already arrived.

Before I return it - anyone in the Victoria area interested? Just wanting to get back what I paid (so, $100). I'll wait a day or two before taking it back

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This is the shipping complaint thread right? :D

Amazon still hasn't shipped my Persona 5... I'm in Vancouver so it's still possible, but..................

Sent an email to Orzly through Amazon today. Still haven't received my screen protector or my screen cover. Ordered them at Switch launch too. Bah!

Good luck with the rest of your shipping orders Persona 5 GAF

RichyMtl

Neo Member
What you can do is tell play asia that it never arrived and show you proof that it did. I had a similar situation where my game was so late in arriving, almost 8 weeks but I complained to play asia. All they can honestly due is check customs for this. Sometimes these games take forever to arrive.

Thanks! I'll give it till the end of the week!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Maybe you don't deserve the game because you're betraying us in Vancouver and going to Toronto. Going to their meet up and all tsk tsk traitor!

Well Vancouver needs to get their shit together and actually do a meetup. After I go to this TorontoGAF meetup I'll have officially been to more TorontoGAF meetups than VancouverGAF meetups.

And this will only be the second time I'm even GOING to Toronto. And the second time they're hosting a meetup specifically when I'm there. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom