• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwyjibo

Did any of the Ontario NCIX stores even build PCs? I thought they were supposed to be little more than pick-up depots?
I've done the "pay $50 to build" thing with NCIX twice in the past 7 years. Most recently in Jan/2016. Both times the system shipped from BC (I'm in Ontario).

I don't see how that will be affected by this.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I've done the "pay $50 to build" thing with NCIX twice in the past 7 years. Most recently in Jan/2016. Both times the system shipped from BC (I'm in Ontario).

I don't see how that will be affected by this.
Eh, I went in store and did it at the Markham location, and picked it up when it was done.

farisr

Reviews seem somewhat middling but can't tell if they're just comparing it to much better routers or not. The Amazon reviews might also be because routers are universally a pain in the ass...
Just a heads up, Archer C7 tested better than the Archer C8. It is THE router to go for in that price range.

Just got one myself a few weeks ago and it's been working great.

any deals on a PS4 at the moment?

also how is walmart.ca when it comes to delivering? never used them.
From my experience, their shipping procedures are fine. They ship relatively quickly, and the option to either use Flex Delivery for free or ship to your home is nice.

Walmart's biggest issues, at least for me, is that if you want to edit your order in any way, you're going to have a hard time. Also, they apply a ton of pending charges to your credit card. Like, a ton. This entire month I've had Splatoon 2 charged and retracted from my credit card about three or four times. It doesn't really hurt anything, but as someone who likes to keep a close eye on my finances, it's annoying to see charges build up and disappear at random.

They have some good deals sometimes though, so it's worth the hassle. I'm getting SMO for $50, and I'm going to totally embrace every pending charge come October.

Lexxism

anyone know if the dollar is expected to keep improving or should it drop some in the coming weeks?
Well, the economy is doing good hence why they raised the interest rate. It will likely continue throughout the year barring NAFTA collapse which I doubt will happen. At least I hope so lol

It's so annoying how Cloud P2 seems to be in severely limited quantities, with EB Games getting no walk-ins at all. I was away when they had pre-orders, and now it looks like I'm screwed. :(

Cru Jones

Amazon just shipped my splatoon 2 that I received notice of a July 26-28 delivery on yesterday. There is still hope everyone!

Prime member in case that makes a difference

Reading on RFD and seeing NCIX will be closing all their Ontario retail stores. That sucks since even if their infrastructure wasn't ideal for 2017, I liked the flexibility of either B&M or online option along with their relative ease of price matching.

Now it's pretty much primarily Canada Computers remaining as the last major computer retailer.

I used their stores a few times. Shame to see them go. At least you can still order a build and have it shipped to your place.

LakeEarth

Bank of Canada is expected to rise its main interest rate two more times

This will bring us closer to parity down the road.

Hurray for a variable rate mortgage!

It's always a gamble. I wasn't complaining when they brought the rate down a tad two years back.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It's so annoying how Cloud P2 seems to be in severely limited quantities, with EB Games getting no walk-ins at all. I was away when they had pre-orders, and now it looks like I'm screwed. :(
Did they announce no walk ins at all? I got my TP Link on launch day by getting there before opening.

Dazzler

Hurray for a variable rate mortgage!

It's always a gamble. I wasn't complaining when they brought the rate down a tad two years back.

I'm hoping it cools off the Vancouver market a little. We bid on a one bed apartment over the weekend and it ended up going for $100k over the asking price

wtfff

How can you compete with that

khaaan

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Uggghh, I know I'm going to get one but I keep on telling myself to wait for holidays...but I don't think we're going to get any good deals on it. At best I think there'll be a bundle for the same price as the console + game.
BB will throw in a Lottie Amiibo as the holiday bundle.

jayu26

Well shite, all those Switch shortage stories forced me to buy this earlier than planned. But I just didn't want go out hunting for one of these after Mario came out. That's a potential nightmare scenario.

Whatever, it's Zelda time.
BB will throw in a Lottie Amiibo as the holiday bundle.
Man, I hope to not fall in the Amiibo pit-hole...(shivers).

Megasoum

Banned
Wtf I'm chatting with Bell customer support and the girl replied to me after the identification part with this...

"Zakia: Thanks for your information (smile)"

Wtf....

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Wtf I'm chatting with Bell customer support and the girl replied to me after the identification part with this...

"Zakia: Thanks for your information (smile)"

Wtf....

You heard her smile thru the phone?

a fiend of mine was asking me about the Switch yesterday and I said it's a nice piece of technology and has good games in the pipeline so go for it. He was like "Nice. I'll just grab one today then!" because he didn't know of the shortages and obviously did not get one

jokkir

I totally forgot I pre-ordered the Bayonetta Amiibo on Amazon. I don't really need it but it's being shipped soon :|

Hopefully there's Bayo Switch so it's not a complete waste

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
lol price matching at NCIX was shit, even worse at CC. Anyway they both use whatever excuse they want to deny PMs.
That's what I experienced too. Just went to BB and the person there did a quick check on her own phone and I was out of there in minutes. CC couldn't "...sell it at this price due to our partners. We might sell it at that price next week"

i-Jest

Is the company failing or just making more online?

If that internal email from the thread is real, seems like they're pushing for more online and weren't too pleased with the Ontario retail stores' performance.

Retail in Canada hasn't seen the best of its history these last 5+ or so years. If it's not something people don't buy often enough (food, shoes, clothes to a lesser degree) you can expect it to recede into online retail, if it chooses to have a presence in the country at all. Online shopping has become more common these last few years; the prices and promotions are competitive, the ease of access if your not close to a store is convenient, and it beats waiting in a line on Black Friday.

Mr. F

Banned
So, my Orders page on Amazon says Splatoon ships today, but clicking to track package it says it will ship on the 24th. Wha? Lol

Mupod

If that internal email from the thread is real, seems like they're pushing for more online and weren't too pleased with the Ontario retail stores' performance.

well maybe they should've answered their damn phones once in a while. I almost cancelled a $2000 order of parts because I was so frustrated at trying to contact them. I still use NCIX when I can but I definitely didn't want to ever do store pickup ever again anyways.

funny thing is the last time I was at the mississauga location the phone was ringing the whole time and they just stood there ignoring it.

RS4-

That's what I experienced too. Just went to BB and the person there did a quick check on her own phone and I was out of there in minutes. CC couldn't "...sell it at this price due to our partners. We might sell it at that price next week"

well maybe they should've answered their damn phones once in a while. I almost cancelled a $2000 order of parts because I was so frustrated at trying to contact them. I still use NCIX when I can but I definitely didn't want to ever do store pickup ever again anyways.

funny thing is the last time I was at the mississauga location the phone was ringing the whole time and they just stood there ignoring it.

and re: to CC, I spent nearly 30 mins trying to get a hold of anyone in 5 different stores, people can't even pick up the phone. And they're not busy because no one actually shops at their stores except for maybe two locations.

Do you guys price match Dell?
Uhhh...let me check.
They take 5 mins to find out if they do. (They don't, no valid reason)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom