• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing is that it's just a $5 saving compared to regular price and that it has been around $20 for at least 6 months. That edition must have flopped pretty hard because the regular edition doesn't go that low.

They should bundle a Lottie with the game.

Blam

Oh, so I could only get the 500GB model for the $100 promotion? For some reason I thought the 1TB model was part of it. Hmm.

edit: EB has them both at $379.

Hmm I wonder if they'll do something like this close to the Xbox One X launch so I can trade this XOS in for another $100deal.

Banned
Still waiting on a discount of any kind for Persona 5 on PSN and I'm not paying $64.99 for an HD remaster of FFXII.

kevin1025

Banned
The funny thing is that it's just a $5 saving compared to regular price and that it has been around $20 for at least 6 months. That edition must have flopped pretty hard because the regular edition doesn't go that low.

I was actually going to buy it next week for $20, but then saw it was $5 less, haha. Getting that and Mass Effect for $35 sounds pretty good to me.

After so many games ended up the same they have not learn their lessons of making limited edition actually very limited.

Yeah, Best Buy love getting limited and collector's editions, and then they drop them hard a year later. I remember getting the Halo 4 limited edition the same way back in the day.

I just got an email stating a July 26 - 28 estimate for Splatoon. What the hell??

Do they always drop the ball this bad? I've never pre-ordered with Amazon.

I still don't even have a estimated delivery window yet... I am thinking I will just bite the bullet and go pick it up from Best Buy on Friday morning and just cancel the Amazon order...

kevin1025

Banned
I still don't even have a estimated delivery window yet... I am thinking I will just bite the bullet and go pick it up from Best Buy on Friday morning and just cancel the Amazon order...

I decided to just order it once it's in stock on release day. Better to get it Monday than have it sit in limbo.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
After so many games ended up the same they have not learn their lessons of making limited edition actually very limited.

The alternative is Nintendo bs where you blink you miss.

No email yet for me but I had release day guarantee with prime. Is this for people without prime?

I have Prime and July 26th. Everyone who placed an order after around mid-June when they removed release day delivery, or earlier and changed address/payment has the 26th I think.

Banned
When you live in Etobicoke and the Amazon warehouse is a 30 minute drive from your house.

Dqa8tLV.png

Firestorm

The Archer C8 is on sale for $110 at The Source this week. With their $25 coupon when signing up to their newsletter (just use a dummy e-mail), it costs $85 + taxes. No idea how it performs as I haven't received it yet, but it seemed like a good deal and I was overdue for an upgrade.
Reviews seem somewhat middling but can't tell if they're just comparing it to much better routers or not. The Amazon reviews might also be because routers are universally a pain in the ass...

Lizardus

When you live in Etobicoke and the Amazon warehouse is a 30 minute drive from your house.

Same here but I'm in Northern Alberta. I ordered on June 9th. Curious to see if they'll ship tomorrow or if I'll be left with blue balls.
pjREU0s.png

Edit: It says that it'll ship today, lol
zLFagFo.png

Sealtest

Same day as mine and mine also says today shipping but it's a lie. My crash said it would ship 2 days before release but didn't ship until the Thursdays.

Ryne

Same here but I'm in Northern Alberta. I ordered on June 9th. Curious to see if they'll ship tomorrow or if I'll be left with blue balls.
pjREU0s.png

Edit: It says that it'll ship today, lol
zLFagFo.png

Ok, I'm going to ask.

How did you get dark amazon? I hate white websites.

Reviews seem somewhat middling but can't tell if they're just comparing it to much better routers or not. The Amazon reviews might also be because routers are universally a pain in the ass...

Honestly just get a Netgear Nighthawk or Apple Extreme, set it, and forget it for 5 years. Rock solid routers, both under $200, probably no more than $150 open box.

Xbudz

Does Walmart ship games early so we can get them on release date? I really hope I get Splatoon 2 friday.. :(

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that Walmart ships tomorrow for me, but I have seen another poster saying his orders were shipped from Ontario to Vancouver and it took a week... So my hopes aren't high.

Unfortunately, I'll probably just wait instead of buying local and returning shipped the game.

Mathematics

Neo Member
Straight up cancelled my Amazon order. Prime discount is nice for everything but Nintendo games. I can live paying a bit more elsewhere for the few Nintendo games I will buy and play

Eternia

Reading on RFD and seeing NCIX will be closing all their Ontario retail stores. That sucks since even if their infrastructure wasn't ideal for 2017, I liked the flexibility of either B&M or online option along with their relative ease of price matching.

Now it's pretty much primarily Canada Computers remaining as the last major computer retailer.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Reading on RFD and seeing NCIX will be closing all their Ontario retail stores. That sucks since even if their infrastructure wasn't ideal for 2017, I liked the flexibility of either B&M or online option along with their relative ease of price matching.

Now it's pretty much primarily Canada Computers remaining as the last major computer retailer.
WHAT IN THE FUCK

Well, I guess I have to build my next PC myself, then... . I would’ve liked to just pay the $50 and get a nice build with cable management, full diagnostics, testing, and one year warranty.

WHAT IN THE FUCK

Well, I guess I have to build my next PC myself, then... . I would’ve liked to just pay the $50 and get a nice build with cable management, full diagnostics, testing, and one year warranty.

Did any of the Ontario NCIX stores even build PCs? I thought they were supposed to be little more than pick-up depots?

Trogdor1123

Is the company failing or just making more online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom