• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Oh is it good? Didn't review very well.
It's got character, it doesn’t try to follow any guidelines or fit in, and it’s not afraid of being overlooked or in need of attention. And Watts does an incredible job with the character, makes her feel real.

Would anyone have any recommendations for ISP's in Whitby, ON? I just recently purchased a home in the area and move in the middle of September. I am a bit eager to get everything in order, and was hoping to see what's out there.

Would anyone have any recommendations? I don't think I'll be buying cable so we'll be looking for it to be fast enough for gaming as well as streaming.

Thanks in advance!

Got 2 relatives in Durham usng Start.ca

Call them and see how fast they pick up the phone. They are great.

big_z

that trade in deal is pretty sweet, was gonna do it but really don't want a white Xbox, hopefully they have something good for the Scorpio

I thought the same but then I did it anyway. By selling the game and extra controller you can break even.

The s looks fantastic in person and it's quieter/cooler and the UI is noticeable smoother. It should also have more value for the inevitable trade up to Scorpio promo.

It came in an email.

Basically trade your PS4 for a slim, or an Xbox for the Xbox S or whatever it is called, for a $99 upgrade fee. The Xbox trade in stacks with another promotion, where you get the latest fast and furious movie and an extra controller with a system bundle (forza console bundle, or something else), which makes it great.

I traded in my PS4 for a slim. You also should get the 1TB system even if you traded in a 500 GB system, but YMMV. People have also been able to trade in their old PS4 and get the pro for 230~, but YMMV

4-170713.jpg

Here are the XB bundles: https://www.ebgames.ca/SearchResult/QuickSearchHeaderPlatform?platform=52&promotions=true. As I said, you also get a controller and the Fast and Furious movie on blu-ray if you trade in a Xbox

I don't really see much point of this on the PS4 side 🤔

Cost me $23 after I sold the bundle components I didn't need. Every modern system will get clogged with dust and overheat and break eventually. I got more time till that happens for practically nothing.

Yeah, for $23 that's more reasonable. What did you trade in along with the system?

13randO

It came in an email.

Basically trade your PS4 for a slim, or an Xbox for the Xbox S or whatever it is called, for a $99 upgrade fee. The Xbox trade in stacks with another promotion, where you get the latest fast and furious movie and an extra controller with a system bundle (forza console bundle, or something else), which makes it great.

I traded in my PS4 for a slim. You also should get the 1TB system even if you traded in a 500 GB system, but YMMV. People have also been able to trade in their old PS4 and get the pro for 230~, but YMMV

4-170713.jpg

Here are the XB bundles: https://www.ebgames.ca/SearchResult/QuickSearchHeaderPlatform?platform=52&promotions=true. As I said, you also get a controller and the Fast and Furious movie on blu-ray if you trade in a Xbox

Thanks, just did this for my PS4. My old one was acting up, so I'm glad I did. The 1Tb slim also comes with a 20% off voucher for the PSN store that expires February of next year.

krae_man

Yeah, for $23 that's more reasonable. What did you trade in along with the system?

I sold the cod games it came with and the controller it came with.

I bought a new DS4 about a year ago because the sticks were crap and one of the buttons was sticking but I still had it so that was the one I traded in.

ElNino

Would anyone have any recommendations for ISP's in Whitby, ON? I just recently purchased a home in the area and move in the middle of September. I am a bit eager to get everything in order, and was hoping to see what's out there.

Would anyone have any recommendations? I don't think I'll be buying cable so we'll be looking for it to be fast enough for gaming as well as streaming.

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the neighborhood. :)

Got 2 relatives in Durham usng Start.ca

Call them and see how fast they pick up the phone. They are great.
Looking at the prices, both of these seem ok but don't be afraid to give one of the "big boys" a call to see what deals are being offered (advertised or otherwise).

I'm on Rogers in Whitby and I have Gigabit internet for $60/month bundled with my TV and home phone.

kaiyo

Looking at the prices, both of these seem ok but don't be afraid to give one of the "big boys" a call to see what deals are being offered (advertised or otherwise).

I'm on Rogers in Whitby and I have Gigabit internet for $60/month bundled with my TV and home phone.

Check cannet or carrytel? they currently have promo for 150mb/15 for $50/m

Murdamonk

It came in an email.

4-170713.jpg

Do you guys know if we need to have the original box and all? Cuz i threw my PS4 box away. I think that i will trade my PS4 (bought the PS4 pro) for a xbox one s.

DVCY201

Do you guys know if we need to have the original box and all? Cuz i threw my PS4 box away. I think that i will trade my PS4 (bought the PS4 pro) for a xbox one s.

When I traded in my PS4 a little while ago I packaged it in the box, and they didn't need it. They package it in one of their own boxes.

FN-2187

Go with Rogers if you like arguing and haggling over the phone every year when your deal expires and they double the price of your bill. I got fed up with that garbage. Everyone I know has wildly different prices for their services. Great way to run a business.

LowRoller

Is thing even close to happenei g or i do i need to prepare to go buy a store copy for the weekend

Don't be worried if you don't get a shipping notification . When walmart sent me crash they sent me a email the day after it got delivered telling me my item has shipped. Had to return my amazon copy .

Mine still says "Arriving Fri, 21 Jul".

was refering to new preorders

also lol

amazon csr said:
Well, upon checking, I could see that the item is to be released on July 21, 2017, however, I'm sorry to inform that being a pre-order, the item is shipped and delivered first come first serve basis and hence, due to high demand, even though it is released on July 21, I could see that it will be delivered to you by the first week of Sep with priority shipping speed.

Trogdor1123

krae_man

Thanks, just did this for my PS4. My old one was acting up, so I'm glad I did. The 1Tb slim also comes with a 20% off voucher for the PSN store that expires February of next year.

My 20% off code expired June 30th:lol

Called and asked if they would take my old Nexus 10 and they said $20. Thought that would put a bigger dent in it. Oh well.

Get the COD bundle and sell COD.

It comes with Modern Warfare Remastered and Infinite Warfare. I sold them for $50 combined easy on Kijiji.

killroy87

Hoping Walmart comes through with Splatoon 2 on launch day. LOL

Is thing even close to happenei g or i do i need to prepare to go buy a store copy for the weekend

I got Tekken and Crash from Wal-mart, and both came from Ontario (I'm in Vancouver), so I had to wait like 6 days. i was pretty unimpressed.

I'll be buying a copy of Splatoon, along with almost every major release this fall, to return.

I think you might have to pay $150 for that one. Unless that one drops to $330 when you do the trade in like the COD one does.

Oh, so I could only get the 500GB model for the $100 promotion? For some reason I thought the 1TB model was part of it. Hmm.

edit: EB has them both at $379.

ElNino

Go with Rogers if you like arguing and haggling over the phone every year when your deal expires and they double the price of your bill. I got fed up with that garbage. Everyone I know has wildly different prices for their services. Great way to run a business.
Thankfully I've never needed to do that, and I've been with Rogers for more than 15 years. To be fair, I do know people that have so I'm not saying they don't have issues with that. I've called to update my plans over the years, but I've never had them outright expire a deal and raise my rate.

Bell on the other hand...

krae_man

Is it a download code or disc?

Infinite Warfare was a disk. Modern Warfare was a download code that required the Infinite Warfare disk to be inserted to use.

Oh, so I could only get the 500GB model for the $100 promotion? For some reason I thought the 1TB model was part of it. Hmm.

edit: EB has them both at $379.

I don't know. Phone and ask. The COD bundle dropped to $330 when I did the trade in. Maybe the 1tb will too. The promo does allow for more expensive bundles if you want, you just have to pay the difference.

Windam

Scaley member

HOW?! We've got 100u, home phone, and cable for like $100/mo here in Scarborough (used the student deal like 2-3 summers ago, long before gigabit was available). And the past month and a half the internet service has been garbage: constant service interruptions nearly every day, multiple times a day, for minutes to hours.

ElNino

HOW?! We've got 100u, home phone, and cable for like $100/mo here in Scarborough (used the student deal like 2-3 summers ago, long before gigabit was available). And the past month and a half the internet service has been garbage: constant service interruptions nearly every day, multiple times a day, for minutes to hours.
There was a promo for Gigabit Internet and Cable for $100/mo a few years ago when Bell was starting to roll out Gigabit fibre internet in some areas.

All told, I pay around $150/mo but that's for Gigabit Internet, TV (not sure what package but it includes most channels) and a Home Phone package with unlimited North American calling (since my wife has business calls to the US) and limited calls to Europe.

Looks good, but isn't residential outside of condo buildings.

Firestorm

Anyone have router recommendations preferrably for $100 or less? My internet speed is 150 down / 10 up. My old router died and need a new one :/

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have router recommendations preferrably for $100 or less? My internet speed is 150 down / 10 up. My old router died and need a new one :/

The Archer C8 is on sale for $110 at The Source this week. With their $25 coupon when signing up to their newsletter (just use a dummy e-mail), it costs $85 + taxes. No idea how it performs as I haven't received it yet, but it seemed like a good deal and I was overdue for an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom