• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Buy has some TYH in stock. Says it arrives Thursday. You might still end up with it tomorrow. I will hold now that my Amazon order also says Thursday.

Amazon got back to me and told me TYH is back-ordered (big shock) and that they upgraded shipping to priority.

If I get the impression it's not going to be here before I leave the country I will just cancel.

Check twitter, lots of frustration regarding P5 deliveries (non delivery)

Lothars

I dunno, at this point maybe stop ordering from Amazon if you want it on release day.
I don't care about receiving it on release date but when they are unable to tell me why it hasn't shipped that's where I get frustrated about.

I still have no issues ordering from amazon because the discount is worth it.

I don't care about receiving it on release date but when they are unable to tell me why it hasn't shipped that's where I get frustrated about.

I still have no issues ordering from amazon because the discount is worth it.

It's frustrating because they tell you it's shipping for release up until the day off. You basically have an "arriving Today by 8 pm" and zero movement on your account. If they were up front with shipping times I probably wouldn't be as bothered because I could look elsewhere if I wanted something on release.

N° 2048

Seriously

I know Amazon shipping has been a running joke around here but it's hundreds of times worse than the amiibo discussion way back then

Post some deals then?

It's frustrating because they tell you it's shipping for release up until the day off. You basically have an "arriving Today by 8 pm" and zero movement on your account. If they were up front with shipping times I probably wouldn't be as bothered because I could look elsewhere if I wanted something on release.

This + paying for Prime.

Whales

Banned
My p5 order says it was already delivered, not home to see

And I ordered the game last week, not a long time in advance

The only problem I have is that the Intelcom dude here doesnt knock on the door, he just drops the game infront of the door and leaves...

Lothars

Which is what's happening with mine. It sucks but I still have no issues with buying from amazon.

Conezays

Ordered TYH edition of Persona 5 January 13th and am now being told my copy is being delayed with no idea of the time frame. This was a birthday gift for someone. Ugh.

Someone changed the e-mail associated with my Amazon account... Now it might fuck up everything as Persona TYH is about to charge... Now I need to look if I used that password anywhere else... Now I wonder how much of a CC info you see when you edit.

There is no "If you did not request that change" in the e-mail or anything like I see when I change e-mail at any other website. Oh well... Let's hope this ends well!

At this point I just want them to admit it's delayed for me so I can contact them without them giving me the same BS schpiel of "We assure you, it will arrive on release day. We assure you. We have no proof, but we assure you."

At this point I just want them to admit it's delayed for me so I can contact them without them giving me the same BS schpiel of "We assure you, it will arrive on release day. We assure you. We have no proof, but we assure you."

Give it a try anyway. They didn't even try that on me. They know the error is theirs.

imBask

Banned
No. If only it works like BB GCU. I'll be prime forever.

but it does...

cR7BxiE.png

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
EB Games came through! Wasnt risking Amazon this one time. See you all on the other side!

In the future if any of you go off about how you cant wait for EB to go out of business while suckling Amazons teat you'll be hearing about it from me.

I'm personally fine with all the shipping complaining (though full disclosure, I'm in the same boat), but yeah, it should've been obvious long ago that the trade-off with Amazon is that your pre-orders are absolutely not guaranteed to come on time, and in fact should be assumed to be late unless there's a smoking gun that says otherwise. The one thing that's maybe new is that PRIME orders with the proper shipping are also being delayed, but at this point I think even that's pretty well-documented.

Moltenix

Anyone charge their Switch with a wall charger that just has the standard USB-A ports (5V/2.4A)? How well does it work?

If it can charge in sleep mode and keep the battery level from dropping while playing (not expecting it to charge very fast if at all), then that's good enough for me.

Still shopping around for power options for the Switch I don't have yet. USB-C chargers and banks are so much more expensive. It would probably be better for the sake of future-proofing but still...

Anyone charge their Switch with a wall charger that just has the standard USB-A ports (5V/2.4A)? How well does it work?

If it can charge in sleep mode and keep the battery level from dropping while playing (not expecting it to charge very fast if at all), then that's good enough for me.

Still shopping around for power options for the Switch I don't have yet. USB-C chargers and banks are so much more expensive. It would probably be better for the sake of future-proofing but still...

I do, and it works exactly as you described.

Rione

Hit or miss for me. Noticed the battery dropping even when plugged into a USB A 5V/2.4A port at least for Zelda (varied), seems consistent on smaller indie titles but didn't charge super duper fast but at least charged. I haven't tried during sleep but I imagine it should be fine.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

I use my LG G5 phone charger to charge the Switch. It charges pretty slow but thats because Switch doesnt support quickcharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom