• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltenix

Thanks guys. Seems like that should be sufficient for what I need out of it. Sounds like the USB-A should provide just enough juice to keep the battery level relatively stable (i.e. may charge or may drop depending on how graphically intense the game is).

Give it a try anyway. They didn't even try that on me. They know the error is theirs.

Obviously not, though. I've been given that exact same spiel all 3 times I've contacted them.

At this point, this is playing out just like Gravity Rush 2 - right down to multiple reps using the same useless lines - and that ended with them giving me the game for free.

We'll see what happens, I guess. Still no movement.

Obviously not, though. I've been given that exact same spiel all 3 times I've contacted them.

At this point, this is playing out just like Gravity Rush 2 - right down to multiple reps using the same useless lines - and that ended with them giving me the game for free.

I'm actually glad you posted your current and prior experiences with this. Helped guide my decision...

I was able to cancel my order with no issues right now so it was obviously not going to ship today. Spent enough time on chasing this.

I guess I got lucky. First one didn't fuck around with excuses.

Cynar

Anyone charge their Switch with a wall charger that just has the standard USB-A ports (5V/2.4A)? How well does it work?

If it can charge in sleep mode and keep the battery level from dropping while playing (not expecting it to charge very fast if at all), then that's good enough for me.

Still shopping around for power options for the Switch I don't have yet. USB-C chargers and banks are so much more expensive. It would probably be better for the sake of future-proofing but still...
I use a Google pixel and Nexus 6p charger and both charge my switch fine. They are higher amperage though. 👍👍

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
No day 1 patch whatsoever for Persona 5.

Now to spend the rest of the day absorbed in the game. We in there fam!

Dazzler

Just went to pre-order Puyo Puyo Tetris physical and it's nearly 20 bucks more expensive on Switch

Went for PS4, what a joke

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
It's true, but I still went for the switch version, cause it's the perfect handheld game.

Arent handheld games supposed to be cheaper than console games?

Why should it being a handheld game command a premium?

My steelbook edition of P5 is out for delivery! I only wish amazon happened to deliver to my neck of Vancouver earlier in the day. I tend not to receive my packages until like 4 or 5.

Would I be able to return the Amazon copy to best buy if it's unopened?

Yeah, this is what I did with Gravity Rush 2.

Bought it from Best Buy to get it day-one, returned the sealed Amazon copy once it finally arrived. It's what I'm doing with my TYH edition too.

Conezays

I got $30. You need to say no and get the right person. Doing it in the phone helps

Brutal. I had already escalated to speaking to a manager (but on chat). I already wasted enough time on the order this morning before dealing with work stuff. May try again later.

EDIT: I see Amazon now says TYH editions are in stock April 10th.

jokkir

Switch Pro Controller is up @ Best Buy

Now I wish they have the neon controllers so I can replace mine. It seems to be getting the desyncing issues

Chilikar

Hey guys I purchased the Persona 5 TYH edition from Amazon cheaper than my previous order, but it turns out that my Best Buy order also shipped so I wasn't able to cancel it in time.

Would I be able to open the Best Buy package to play the game today, and then return the Amazon one to Best Buy after it arrives? IIRC the bar codes are universal, so it should be okay to return it that way right?

Bronetta

Well, it's also a home-console game ;).

chris-bosh-face-gif.gif

Socreges

Banned
Well, it is.

I'd guess the $10 more has to do with the publisher and Nintendo deciding that the Switch is a different market with less competition and also a smaller base. Thus people are more willing to spend $10 more and it helps the publisher recoup.

Lexxism

DEAL

$25 off on orders over $50 at Toys R Us.

Coupon: APRWBR (edit: May 16 expiration)

It worked on 1,2 Switch. I guess every video game?

Bronetta

DEAL

Coupon: APRWBR

Aw man if only they had Binding of Isaac for Switch.

Hey guys I purchased the Persona 5 TYH edition from Amazon cheaper than my previous order, but it turns out that my Best Buy order also shipped so I wasn't able to cancel it in time.

Would I be able to open the Best Buy package to play the game today, and then return the Amazon one to Best Buy after it arrives? IIRC the bar codes are universal, so it should be okay to return it that way right?

You should be able to. I am curious if Best Buy will take online only stuff in store for return.

Socreges

Banned
Repost:

So I ordered a Switch Pro Controller from BestBuy on Friday. Then ordered another when I realized I could do in-store pickup. Went to cancel the first order and was told, 30 minutes later, it was too late and I'd need to return it to BestBuy once received. And it already arrived.

Before I return it - anyone in the Victoria area interested? Just wanting to get back what I paid (so, $100). I'll wait a day or two before taking it back

Meelapo

Neo Member
DEAL

This worked with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Switch. Came to about $58.00 which is better than the $67.00 at Amazon (with the Prime discount).

Clive

DEAL

Yo! This works with Xbox moneys! I just scored $50 for $25 with free shipping. It's not delivered but the order went through.

This worked with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Switch. Came to about $58.00 which is better than the $67.00 at Amazon (with the Prime discount).

Thanks, I just canceled my Amazon order to get this instead. Curious about their shipping speed. Probably terrible, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom