• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gxgear

Hey guys, I just noticed something on Amazon , I went to preorder Blue Reflection the game is 69.99 being a prime member I'm getting 20% .

So final price is something like 73$ And then I'm like WTF this is the price I get when I buy 79.99 games .

Just for a test I went ahead and ordered a 79.99 game and the final price is the same ?

So is that an error or is it Amazon being stupid again and shady ?
I mean do they lower the percentage of the prime discount for lower priced games or what ?

Bit late but I just placed an order for 60 taxes in, so the discounts stacked.

zroid

Banned
Just seen on RFD, everyone's favourite deal is back

50% off pizzas at Dominos. And, apparently, this one is good from now till September 3rd! Usually they just last a week. Only catch is that it's carryout only (no delivery).

promo code 8545

krae_man

Just seen on RFD, everyone's favourite deal is back

50% off pizzas at Dominos. And, apparently, this one is good from now till September 3rd! Usually they just last a week. Only catch is that it's carryout only (no delivery).

promo code 8545

They've had this on Mondays unadvertised for a few weeks now Which was great because Monday is my normal Pizza day. I have to add stuff to get me over $10 so I get the pizza points:lol

zroid

Banned
Immediately after I posted that, I saw this banner ad on GAF :lol

OAoS-rL-Thuwyhsnu35DIg.png

so that confirms Sept 3 I guess

Has anyone ever had any luck changing the platform for an Amazon order? Should I bother asking the CSRs, or just try to sell the games on kijiji?

For reference: I got some games for PS4 during E3, and want them for XB1 now. Of course, I want to keep the $49 price tags.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Has anyone ever had any luck changing the platform for an Amazon order? Should I bother asking the CSRs, or just try to sell the games on kijiji?

For reference: I got some games for PS4 during E3, and want them for XB1 now. Of course, I want to keep the $49 price tags.
You could try and ask, but I bet the first few will say no. lol

SickBoy

I hope this means Voez will go on sale soon...

I'm hoping that Tetris will, personally. My wife and I play the demo a ton, but I feel like we can get away with using that alone.

Whatever the situation, it is nice to see sales finally emerging on the eShop. I grabbed Snake Pass, might get GEM, too. Tumbleseed seems like a neat concept -- even if it's not one that immediately grabs me -- but the difficulty is a real turnoff for me.

imBask

Banned
here's my recommendation for TumbleSeed : don't buy TumbleSeed

the concept is cool but it's just not fun to play aaaaaat alllllllll

chrono01

I'm kind of glad the NA version of the Ni no Kuni II CE isn't as nice as the EU one, makes it easier for me to save money. I might grab the Prince Edition though when it's offered, if the Prime discount is eligible. Shame about no Season Pass with it, though.

N E R O

Guys This is my 1st time importing from play Asia. How long does it usually take on an average basis for my game to get here ? " I live in Mississauga" + Where can I pay the import fees ?

For some reason. I can't seem to track the package :/

I am getting worried. It's been more than 3 weeks since I made the order.

Fularu

Banned
Guys This is my 1st time importing from play Asia. How long does it usually take on an average basis for my game to get here ? " I live in Mississauga" + Where can I pay the import fees ?

Don't expect it for an another 5-7 weeks

It's beeing held by canadian customs

Also you can track your package on singapore post's website :

http://www.singpost.com/track-items

N E R O

Don't expect it for an another 5-7 weeks

It's beeing held by canadian customs

Also you can track your package on singapore post's website :

http://www.singpost.com/track-items

But why ? :/

Thanks though. It says that it arrived To Canada on July 28th

28/07/2017
Arrival at Destination Post (Country: CA)

Damn..I pre-ordered DJ max respect and it shipped last week..Kinda sucks that I won't be able to play it any time soon. Oh well.. lesson learned.

Sorry to say, you'll likely be waiting a long time. I've made many orders from Singapore and Hong Kong over the year and they have literally taken up to 3+ months to clear Canadian customs. Mind you, it may vary under certain circumstances.

Singapore Post tracking won't work anymore once it hits Canada (at least, from my past experiences), that part doesn't take long, around a week.

There was a big thread about the delays on RedFlagDeals a while back. Apparently all packages from Asia come though BC which back in February, Canada Post had 270+ freight containers backlog and growing. I'm still waiting on some items that I ordered 2 months ago.

EDIT: Recent read about the problem http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/canada-post-reveals-it-is-the-reason-for-lengthy-parcel-delays-1.3447438

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sorry to say, you'll likely be waiting a long time. I've made many orders from Singapore and Hong Kong over the year and they have literally taken up to 3+ months to clear Canadian customs. Mind you, it may vary under certain circumstances.

Singapore Post tracking won't work anymore once it hits Canada (at least, from my past experiences), that part doesn't take long, around a week.

There was a big thread about the delays on RedFlagDeals a while back. Apparently all packages from Asia come though BC which back in February, Canada Post had 270+ freight containers backlog and growing. I'm still waiting on some items that I ordered 2 months ago.

EDIT: Recent read about the problem http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/canada-pos...lays-1.3447438
Some stuff from eBay is coming quick, so I'm not sure what shipments are being held up.

The problem with tracking is that Canada Post stopped assigning tracking numbers to foreign shipments - even stuff in the US doesn't get Canadian tracking anymore.

Talha

Almost got scammed selling my Nintendo Switch for $420 guy was making me ship it to the US, had it in the post office yesterday to ship it out, than I realized the E Transfer email is a really good fake and quickly called Canada Post to cancel the shipment, thankfully it hadn't shipped out yet and the guy trying to scam me was upset saying it wasn't a scam and that Interac uses Gmail for verifying postages. I'm like nah thanks! As soon as I got my package back another fake Interac email pops up telling me I need to pay $580 to get the person to E Transfer me the $420 because $1000 is the minimum! I'm just so happy I realized in time! Never again dealing with a guy online

The problem with tracking is that Canada Post stopped assigning tracking numbers to foreign shipments - even stuff in the US doesn't get Canadian tracking anymore.

Worst decision ever. Once the item leaves wherever I ordered it from it effectively vanishes without a trace. Always worried about my purchases and people sending me stuff. :/

Ventara

Almost got scammed selling my Nintendo Switch for $420 guy was making me ship it to the US, had it in the post office yesterday to ship it out, than I realized the E Transfer email is a really good fake and quickly called Canada Post to cancel the shipment, thankfully it hadn't shipped out yet and the guy trying to scam me was upset saying it wasn't a scam and that Interac uses Gmail for verifying postages. I'm like nah thanks! As soon as I got my package back another fake Interac email pops up telling me I need to pay $580 to get the person to E Transfer me the $420 because $1000 is the minimum! I'm just so happy I realized in time! Never again dealing with a guy online

Wow, close shave! Screw that guy.

chrono01

Some stuff from eBay is coming quick, so I'm not sure what shipments are being held up.

Wait, seriously? The hell! I import a lot of stuff, mostly from Japan, and usually choose EMS (or Registered SAL, for smaller shipments), as my shipping method of choice. You're telling me now, when it enters Canada, I won't know where it is? What happens to the insurance if it's lost, for whatever reason?

That explains the random delivery I received today from an item mailed close to two months ago from the US. Tracking on the USPS website updated close to a month and a half ago and nothing since. I was worried the shipment was lost, since I couldn't track it on Canadapost's website, but I guess this explains why.

Awful change.

Returners

whoa. That's insane. Close shave man!

daftstar

I'm kind of glad the NA version of the Ni no Kuni II CE isn't as nice as the EU one, makes it easier for me to save money. I might grab the Prince Edition though when it's offered, if the Prime discount is eligible. Shame about no Season Pass with it, though.

Yeah I wish they included the steelbook if you pre-ordered the game similar to Persona 5. It's the only thing I really want out of everything in the CE.

Talha

Wow, close shave! Screw that guy.
Yea i thought something like this would happen only in the movies but it happens in real life too it's crazy there's probably so many people that have this happen to them because everytime I had a Kijiji post up be it a phone or a game I would get messages from out of the country saying to send them item x as they need it for their son, I would ignore any non local numbers, but this time the person messaging me was a local and was asking me to send it out to someone in the states I was like okay why not just E Transfer the money, who'd thought they'd be local and trying to scam ya huh? It's a good lesson learnt now I know for future transactions for Kijiji I'm just doing them in person.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wait, seriously? The hell! I import a lot of stuff, mostly from Japan, and usually choose EMS (or Registered SAL, for smaller shipments), as my shipping method of choice. You're telling me now, when it enters Canada, I won't know where it is? What happens to the insurance if it's lost, for whatever reason?

That explains the random delivery I received today from an item mailed close to two months ago from the US. Tracking on the USPS website updated close to a month and a half ago and nothing since. I was worried the shipment was lost, since I couldn't track it on Canadapost's website, but I guess this explains why.

Awful change.
I think the sender still gets delivery confirmation from their end that they can claim, but for the receiver your last update will be that a package entered Canada. When I ordered from PlayAsia, I had to give Canada Post the SingPost tracking number to try to get an update.

canada post still applies tracking numbers to ems from my experience
I've gotten a package recently with a Canada Post label slapped on top of the international label, but I have no idea what triggers this. I've had packages where I've effectively been told to just wait because they stop tracking once they enter Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom