• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Switch version of Puyo Puyo Tetris is just late arriving from the distributor. I've seen only questions about delays for the Switch version, while my PS4 copy shipped yesterday night. Sounds like the one other person who ordered the PS4 version also got theirs on time?

Did the PS4 version come with those pre-order bonus keychains too? I'm wondering if it's those that is causing the delay seeing as they're no longer listed on the store page and HubbaBubba a few posts back reported on having the game ship out right away after ordering a new copy of the game.

Did I make some horrible mistake ordering pypyTetris on march 8th? Was it announced for forever before then and my order is really low on the list? I paid for priority shipping and with my somewhat remote town location I would never expect to get it release day or even the day after, but the order details on amazon.ca promise to ship the damn thing out on April 28th.

What's the point in even lying about a priority shipping method if its inventory that you clearly aren't getting until the 28th

Does anyone else get a shipping estimate of 1 to seven business days for priority shipping? Jeez

Try placing a new order now, it'll probably say Thursday even if you live in a remote area.

Did the PS4 version come with those pre-order bonus keychains too? I'm wondering if it's those that is causing the delay seeing as they're no longer listed on the store page and HubbaBubba a few posts back reported on having the game ship out right away after ordering a new copy of the game.

Not 100% sure, as I haven't picked up my copy at home yet, but I'm pretty sure the keychains were Switch-exclusive. It would be interesting if that was indeed causing the delay, though the main PPT thread shows a bunch of people getting their Switch copies today. I suspect it's just garden variety Canadian distribution bullshit.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm guessing this is Ontario then? For Vancouverites, CIK is offering unlimited 120/10 for $49.99 for two years according to a billion skytrain ads.

Ontario yes but the $40 plan is for 50/10 unlimited. It'd be a downgrade from Rogers but I don't really mind since I'm in between jobs and money's a little tight.

Did I make some horrible mistake ordering pypyTetris on march 8th? Was it announced for forever before then and my order is really low on the list? I paid for priority shipping and with my somewhat remote town location I would never expect to get it release day or even the day after, but the order details on amazon.ca promise to ship the damn thing out on April 28th.

What's the point in even lying about a priority shipping method if its inventory that you clearly aren't getting until the 28th

Does anyone else get a shipping estimate of 1 to seven business days for priority shipping? Jeez

I was promised yesterday by a Amazon rep that mine would show up today. Still hadn't been shipped this morning, and this is with priority shipping. Talked to a Rep today and was given 15$ for my troubles and it now says arriving Thursday.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was promised yesterday by a Amazon rep that mine would show up today. Still hadn't been shipped this morning, and this is with priority shipping. Talked to a Rep today and was given 15$ for my troubles and it now says arriving Thursday.
I'd take free money for a couple days delay. lol

I actually like the collectors editions without a game. You can play the game without opening the whole thing, or wait for a sale on the game, long after the CE is out of stock.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Sure. But I want one with the game, so I can get my Prime discount :p
If it's $270 CAD (it's $200 US so that's a straight conversion I'm using) it may be $2 more expensive than buying the stand alone game with Prime + the collector stuff from EB.

$270 - 20% = $216

vs

$80 - 20% = $64 + $150 = $214

killroy87

If it's $270 CAD (it's $200 US so that's a straight conversion I'm using) it may be $2 more expensive than buying the stand alone game with Prime + the collector stuff from EB.

$270 - 20% = $216

vs

Fair enough! If it ends up being $270 CAD, I'll keep that in mind

killroy87

$270 - 20% = $216

vs

I just realized why this doesn't work. The CE comes with the Deluxe edition, which is $110. So it's still way more to buy them separately.

Whales

Banned
I feel bad for missing that hot PSN deal where Nioh was 33% off

Now I need to wait for another sale to grab it :V its been awhile

Oh trust me I don't believe a word they say. But the order is with Prime and priority shipping. I let them spew bullshit then on release day I bitch and get my 10$-15$ Amazon money.

Yep that's my strategy too. If they promise you something, then they'll give you a credit later if (when) they don't deliver.

NYR

Oh sweet - Calgary and Edmonton now have one-day Amazon Prime delivery if ordered before 4 PM the day before.

SEATTLE, April 25, 2017 —Amazon.ca today announced that Prime FREE One-Day Delivery expands for members shipping to Calgary and Edmonton. Prime members can place an order before 4 p.m. and all qualifying orders over $25 arrive the very next day, even on Saturday and Sunday, by 9 p.m. One-Day Delivery is available on over half a million items, from categories including, home essentials, curated fashion, new release movies and music, and the latest electronics.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=176060&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2264432

baconcow

Mind blown at how stupid Amazon Prime + pre-orders are. I pre-order and it provides me express shipping and a release date of May 2 to May 4. Come to today, the release date of Puyo Puyo Tetris, and it is in stock and available. Check the options for shipping, and it is available with 2-day delivery with Amazon Prime. WTF? Why would people who order it today (with Amazon Prime) get it before someone who pre-ordered it with Amazon Prime? This is beyond stupid. Amazon CSR is like, you selected "express shipping". Amazon Prime doesn't upgrade you to 2-day, if available? Beyond crazy. /rant

terrible

Banned
Mind blown at how stupid Amazon Prime + pre-orders are. I pre-order and it provides me express shipping and a release date of May 2 to May 4. Come to today, the release date of Puyo Puyo Tetris, and it is in stock and available. Check the options for shipping, and it is available with 2-day delivery with Amazon Prime. WTF? Why would people who order it today (with Amazon Prime) get it before someone who pre-ordered it with Amazon Prime? This is beyond stupid. Amazon CSR is like, you selected "express shipping". Amazon Prime doesn't upgrade you to 2-day, if available? Beyond crazy. /rant

Assuming it's in stock on release day I can order games and get free same day shipping with Prime. If I pre-order it months in advance there's a chance I won't get it for days after release though.

Yeah Amazon makes no sense.

23qwerty

Heads up for anyone balking at Dirt Rally + PSVR being about $100 on PSN. The base game is on sale for like $20 and the VR add-on is only around $20 as well.

I had ordered DS3 fire fades on april first, it wasn't scheduled to arrive till next week as of this past friday(its release date) talked to csr since it was in stock at the time they bumped me to 1 day and it ended up arriving this morning.

The shipping department for pre orders is totally redonk.

I gave up and started pre-ordering from BestBuy and now they did the same thing to me, one of my two copies shipped finally tonight, but I could have just ordered today instead of back in January. Then the icing on the cake was that I could have also did an in store pick up today, but hey why not make the pre-order people wait days/weeks longer /rolls eyes

I hate it because the one time I don't pre-order the game will somehow be short stock and no reprints or something xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom