• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltenix

Oh snap, my Switch is supposedly arriving today instead of tomorrow.

Do I dare start using it for BotW without having a screen protector? Are there any good case + protectors available anywhere? The official Nintendo case for $24.99 is sold out everywhere locally.

Dazzler

I got an email last week saying my PPT was "eligible for release day delivery" and had been bumped up to it. If I'm paying for Prime I should hope all my orders are eligible for release day delivery. They're slipping pretty bad

jokkir

Here it goes again. Amazon shipping worries when a game I want (Mario Kart) is released. It'll probably arrive day of like 1-2 Switch and Zelda though

Oh snap, my Switch is supposedly arriving today instead of tomorrow.

Do I dare start using it for BotW without having a screen protector? Are there any good case + protectors available anywhere? The official Nintendo case for $24.99 is sold out everywhere locally.

Hori screen protector readily available many places. Pleasantly surprised how durable this one is.

Man, am I the only one who bought Puyo Puyo Tetris for PS4? All these Switch purchases. Figured that if I ever DID want to have the Switch version, I could do without the keychains and just get the digital version.

FWIW my PS4 pre-order says it'll arrive by tomorrow, and that it's supposed to ship today, but Amazon has lied to me in this exact way in the past.

Dazzler

Man, am I the only one who bought Puyo Puyo Tetris for PS4? All these Switch purchases. Figured that if I ever DID want to have the Switch version, I could do without the keychains and just get the digital version.

FWIW my PS4 pre-order says it'll arrive by tomorrow, and that it's supposed to ship today, but Amazon has lied to me in this exact way in the past.

I have the JP version for PS4 and I'm getting the PS4 English version (I also have a switch)

It's the only game my GF plays, so I don't wanna confuse her regards the controls by getting it on switch

Tapejara

PS4 version here as well. Don't own a Switch yet, but even if I did the fact that there's no digital version for PS4 made me prioritize buying the physical copy day one.

WITH Prime and Priority shipping my PPT is apparently showing up May 1st-2nd. RIGHT ON TIME!

2nd to 4th for me. I don't get how PPT and MK8 are going to be a week late, Zelda took almost 2 weeks to get here, and yet Nioh came a day before release and Persona 5 was on the date. It's not even just a matter of when they ship it either, because my copy of Zelda went out on the release date, Mar 3rd, and still didn't get here until the 15th.

Gotta have that portability for PPT. I paid a few bucks more for the retail copy over digital because I don't like how Nintendo handles digital content and would rather leave eShop purchases to download-only games.

jokkir

Chances are you might not even need to use priority shipping. Amazon could change their shipping time on release date and you'll get it day 1

2nd to 4th for me. I don't get how PPT and MK8 are going to be a week late, Zelda took almost 2 weeks to get here, and yet Nioh came a day before release and Persona 5 was on the date. It's not even just a matter of when they ship it either, because my copy of Zelda went out on the release date, Mar 3rd, and still didn't get here until the 15th.

I just talked to customer service and they told me I'm "eligible for release date delivery" I was told it's showing up tomorrow. It seems like all the Switch games on Amazon have messed up dates for me.

PS4 version here as well. Don't own a Switch yet, but even if I did the fact that there's no digital version for PS4 made me prioritize buying the physical copy day one.

I have the JP PS4 version, it was going to buy the English PS4 one because it's significantly cheaper than Switch. Changed my mind at the last minute looking at the Amazon sales rankings...switch > PS4, by alot.

That mattered to me because the JP version online community seems so small I constantly got beat so quickly in online matches.

Hoping the larger, newer, and possibly less experienced Switch PPT base allows for more fair matches.

soultron

Banned
Played the demo for PPT and wasn't impressed. Canceled order and will probably wait for a sale. With MK8D releasing this week as well, my bank account is breathing a sigh of relief.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh weird, I had no idea that you had to spend 1000 bucks every year at EB to maintain your status. I guess that's the scam to get you to subscribe to the service instead.

Oh weird, I had no idea that you had to spend 1000 bucks every year at EB to maintain your status. I guess that's the scam to get you to subscribe to the service instead.

What? I thought you just had to make one purchase.

I buy my consoles at EB so I definitely have been spending a lot there the past few years. I will most likely be getting Scorpio there too. I hardly ever buy actual games from them.

Aonuma

https://www.ebgames.ca/terms

I don't even see it. There usually is some sort of rule to keep these upgraded memberships afloat but I know that I barely used my Platinum one year and it auto renewed for free. I am on Onyx now and the people at my store say you just have to use it once a year to keep it active.

You need 5000 points, which if you're only buying new games correlates directly with dollars spent to move from a Paid Platinum membership to Onyx, but once you're Onyx you don't have to pay yearly dues like you do with Paid Platinum.

TheExodu5

Banned
Any word on NES classic shipments to Canada? Are they done now?

I was lucky enough to get one on launch day, but would love to get one for a gift.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Switch Pro Controller is in stock on Amazon. No idea if that's still hard to find or not but it's there.
Any confirmation if the d-pad direction mis-registration issue is fixed on newer controllers? Don't want to spend $100+ on a flawed controller...

You can usually get CSR to upgrade Prime pre-orders from Express to Priority for free if you ask. To be honest though it's kinda debatable as to whether it actually makes any difference.

leeman

Did we ever find out where those new Zelda amiibos are coming out in Canada? Retailer exclusives?

So far all we know (for sure) is that Skyward Sword Link is Amazon exclusive. He was up for pre-order a few days ago and sold out now :(.

Twilight Princess Link is (very likely) an EBGames exclusive (since he was GameStop in the US), but nothing has been confirmed here in Canada yet...

Nothing on either side of the border on Majora's Mask Link yet...

BTW, in Toronto I've seen new copies of Super Bomberman R at both the King & Yonge EB Games and the EB Games inside Sherway Gardens' mall.

So if you're having trouble finding it, try there (but call first!).

I've seen Switch Pro Controllers at most EB Games also recently, like two or three.

eyesradar

Damn, after the TRU MK8D order got cancelled, Amazon Prime seems to be the best deal out there for it now?

But how come it does not have release day shipping? I mean it's a first-party, long-term sale, console-mover game that should be widely available anywhere on the damn release day......

EDIT: So apparently the DL code for MK8D on amazon.co.jp is only 5,800 yen with no tax applied. That's like $72CAD...Which is not bad at all.

Just wondering if I'll get hit with the sales tax later?

Any confirmation if the d-pad direction mis-registration issue is fixed on newer controllers? Don't want to spend $100+ on a flawed controller...
I bought my replacement from the source a couple of weeks ago and it has the same problem as my
first one from launch. Don't get your hopes up.

Edit : that said, there are folks who don't have an issue with it. Im guessing because of how they press down on the pad compared to others like me, so you may not have an issue with it. You can always send it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom