• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else's PS4 Pro making constant noise in rest mode? This has only happened since the last system update but now it has a constant low whir no matter how long it is in rest mode. This is with USB power disabled and no games in standby.

I think what I'm getting at is has anyone dealt with Sony repairs here before? What am I in for?

jokkir

Well shit. The neon joycons that I replaced are experiencing worse de-syncing issues than the first ones I got. I'm like a few feet away from the TV and the controller keeps spazzing out :\

JDH

The Playstation VR Aim Controller Farpoint Bundle is (strangely) back in stock @ Amazon.ca

https://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B06XHPQ8VT/022748-20/

So much for the CSR that promised to let me know when/if they found a new supplier and re-listed it. God I hate the Amazon CSR's the most. Leeman saves the day again.

Amazon CSR said:
Once we planned to introduce in our website, I'll send you personal notification by e-mail

giphy.gif

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Well shit. The neon joycons that I replaced are experiencing worse de-syncing issues than the first ones I got. I'm like a few feet away from the TV and the controller keeps spazzing out :\
If you just sent them to Nintendo you would've had perfect ones ages ago.

baconcow

New to Amazon Prime (apart from using a trial, years ago). What's the deal with shipping on pre-orders? I have Puyo Puyo Tetris pre-ordered and it says delivery will be May 2 - 4 (release is April 25). Does Prime not offer 2-day shipping on things shipped by Amazon Canada?

New to Amazon Prime (apart from using a trial, years ago). What's the deal with shipping on pre-orders? I have Puyo Puyo Tetris pre-ordered and it says delivery will be May 2 - 4 (release is April 25). Does Prime not offer 2-day shipping on things shipped by Amazon Canada?

It's not eligible for release day shipping so a later estimate is expected, but that's a bit much. Are you sure that order has Prime shipping on it? If you placed it before getting Prime, then it's probably still on standard shipping.

EDIT: checked and I see May 2-4 as well for Express shipping. Ask a CSR nicely about how far the estimate is from the release and they might be able to upgrade you to Priority for free which brings it up to May 1 - 2 which is slightly better.

Welcome to amazon shipping talk.
the last 3 months have been totally a nightmare for pre orders. Most have straight up been shipping late (I suspect amazon has been having issues getting stock or getting stock into the country). I and many others have become very frustrated with the company and it's lack of communication as to why it keeps happening.

Jinto

After wondering that myself, I've come to the conclusion that it's all completely random. I have both the PS4 and Switch versions of PPT pre-ordered. PS4 shipped today while the Switch one has the same date as yours. You would think they would ship them both together, since they've held games on me in order to ship them with something else that releases a little later.

Sometimes I get games a day early. Sometimes they arrive like 3 weeks late.

baconcow

Thanks for the answers. Just curious as I remember things like release-date delivery and guaranteed 2-day delivery mentioned alongside Prime, a few times. I am not in a hurry. More of a curiosity.

After wondering that myself, I've come to the conclusion that it's all completely random. I have both the PS4 and Switch versions of PPT pre-ordered. PS4 shipped today while the Switch one has the same date as yours. You would think they would ship them both together, since they've held games on me in order to ship them with something else that releases a little later.

Sometimes I get games a day early. Sometimes they arrive like 3 weeks late.

This.

I'm starting to not preorder and instead order on day of release or after, with free same day shipping. It's how I got Nioh on release day.

GunFalcon

Ive been shopping with Amazon prime for quite a while now and I've noticed that the "shipping expectations" are ALWAYS late (i.e. never release date).

That being said... I've NEVER had a video game related release arrive late. It has ALWAYS been on release day (including switch console and many other games). I live in Vancouver btw.

Ive grown to just ignore that "shipping expectations" and just prepare for release date delivery.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What? I thought you just had to make one purchase.

I buy my consoles at EB so I definitely have been spending a lot there the past few years. I will most likely be getting Scorpio there too. I hardly ever buy actual games from them.
I know I was Gold level, but when I logged in today to check it out, I was "demoted" back to the first level. I know I made a purchase there since I buy a PSN card at EB once a year just in case, but I didn't see that they wanted people to spend a minimum to maintain their status either.

$1000 for what?
1 point = 1 dollar, IIRC.

TechJunk

Ive been shopping with Amazon prime for quite a while now and I've noticed that the "shipping expectations" are ALWAYS late (i.e. never release date).

That being said... I've NEVER had a video game related release arrive late. It has ALWAYS been on release day (including switch console and many other games). I live in Vancouver btw.

Ive grown to just ignore that "shipping expectations" and just prepare for release date delivery.

I got Puyo Puyo today, one day early, completely contrary to my expectations. My last game I ordered, Titanfall 2 was 2 weeks late. So hit and miss...

JuggyB

Neo Member
Went into Best Buy in hopes of grabbing a Switch Pro Controller today, and when they opened their cabinets I noticed one copy of Persona 5 TYH edition sitting on the shelf. Strange because Best Buy's site says it's only available online...

XKBv312.png

YMMV going to a Best Buy if you're still looking for a P5 TYH edition, and don't want to pay scalper prices.

Ended up getting it, and I don't even own a PS4... yet.

Did anyone that ordered Puyo for the switch from Bestbuy.ca actually have it ship? I had two copies ordered one from when the game first showed up on the site and another from last month and neither have even been charged.

We can't win anymore can we?

Did anyone that ordered Puyo for the switch from Bestbuy.ca actually have it ship? I had two copies ordered one from when the game first showed up on the site and another from last month and neither have even been charged.

We can't win anymore can we?

I assume nintendo doesn't want these games that have been out before out are out in other countries already to "leak", so they send them late.

Classic amazon.ca. My pre-order of PPT isn't supposed to arrive till next week but i was able to order it just now with delivery on thursday.

JDH

Luigi87

Went into Best Buy in hopes of grabbing a Switch Pro Controller today, and when they opened their cabinets I noticed one copy of Persona 5 TYH edition sitting on the shelf. Strange because Best Buy's site says it's only available online...

[.IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XKBv312.png[/IMG]

YMMV going to a Best Buy if you're still looking for a P5 TYH edition, and don't want to pay scalper prices.

Ended up getting it, and I don't even own a PS4... yet.

That would be a copy purchased online and then returned in-store. The system just gets the store to resell it, rather than return to vendor.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Anyone have experience with Carrytel? They're offering 50M unlimited internet for $40.

My contract with Rogers is up and theyre jacking my price by $5 which means Id be paying them almost $80.

Id be paying almost half with Carrytel and I dont mind if its a little slower since I just do online gaming and light browsing.

Classic amazon.ca. My pre-order of PPT isn't supposed to arrive till next week but i was able to order it just now with delivery on thursday.

Thanks for posting this. Mine was stuck in preparing to ship for 2 days, with estimate May 2-4.

Reordered moments ago with free same day shipping by 9pm today!

I should've known, same thing happened with Nioh.

Anyone have experience with Carrytel? They're offering 50M unlimited internet for $40.

My contract with Rogers is up and theyre jacking my price by $5 which means Id be paying them almost $80.

Id be paying almost half with Carrytel and I dont mind if its a little slower since I just do online gaming and light browsing.

Go to redflagdeals forums and read the mega thread, lots of opinions there (seriously, it's a big thread). There's a few RFD members that are really savvy with tech stuff.

Start (my choice), Teksavvy, and Fido users are all over RFD too.

Moltenix

My Switch is supposed to be delivered today (via Canada Post) but still no "Out for Delivery" status. Last update was "Item processed" yesterday morning.

Hope it's okay. :(

tsundoku

Did I make some horrible mistake ordering pypyTetris on march 8th? Was it announced for forever before then and my order is really low on the list? I paid for priority shipping and with my somewhat remote town location I would never expect to get it release day or even the day after, but the order details on amazon.ca promise to ship the damn thing out on April 28th.

What's the point in even lying about a priority shipping method if its inventory that you clearly aren't getting until the 28th

Does anyone else get a shipping estimate of 1 to seven business days for priority shipping? Jeez

Enilced2

Assuming I can get Prime discount, I'm probably going to preorder that. Those figures look awesome.

Honestly even with out a prime discount I am still all over that. I am a huge sucker for that franchise even if I suck super hard at it. Madly refreshing every company looking for a preorder as we speak

I think the Switch version of Puyo Puyo Tetris is just late arriving from the distributor. I've seen only questions about delays for the Switch version, while my PS4 copy shipped yesterday night. Sounds like the one other person who ordered the PS4 version also got theirs on time?

Dazzler

I think the Switch version of Puyo Puyo Tetris is just late arriving from the distributor. I've seen only questions about delays for the Switch version, while my PS4 copy shipped yesterday night. Sounds like the one other person who ordered the PS4 version also got theirs on time?

My copy is out for delivery (PS4)

killroy87

I got a call from EB saying my Switch Puyo is ready for pickup. I think I'm gonna go digital though, so I'm deciding if I want to hold on to physical for collector's purposes.

Did I make some horrible mistake ordering pypyTetris on march 8th? Was it announced for forever before then and my order is really low on the list? I paid for priority shipping and with my somewhat remote town location I would never expect to get it release day or even the day after, but the order details on amazon.ca promise to ship the damn thing out on April 28th.

What's the point in even lying about a priority shipping method if its inventory that you clearly aren't getting until the 28th

Does anyone else get a shipping estimate of 1 to seven business days for priority shipping? Jeez
they arent lying, just that amazon isnt able to ship out the game before launch, thats why the game didnt have either 1 day or 2 day shipping options

when a preorder on amazon has the express/priority option and not the 1 day or 2 day shipping, it means it wont be shipped before launch

I got my copy this morning, with the cardboard box so very damaged from being shipped in a bubble mailer...:(

Kyolux

Was there a way to get a price match on amazon? Canadian tire is selling a food processor $20 less, but I boycott them.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Go to redflagdeals forums and read the mega thread, lots of opinions there (seriously, it's a big thread). There's a few RFD members that are really savvy with tech stuff.

Start (my choice), Teksavvy, and Fido users are all over RFD too.

Carrytel seems to be the cheapest out of all those. Guess its time to call Rogers to cancel.

I still find it ridiculous how instead of rewarding and giving incentives for staying, companies instead jack up prices with dumb service charges. Im not loyal to these megacorporations, Rogers is getting dropped so fast those greedy bastards.

Firestorm

I'm guessing this is Ontario then? For Vancouverites, CIK is offering unlimited 120/10 for $49.99 for two years according to a billion skytrain ads.

I assume nintendo doesn't want these games that have been out before out are out in other countries already to "leak", so they send them late.

Yup typical grr...

Pisses me off so much because of course I check online and could even do the "pickup in store" option right now but the ones I ordered back in January are missing in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom