• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom seems to be getting ready to announce a Dragon's Dogma 2 DLC

Draugoth

Gold Member
dragon-and-the-sphinx-from-dragon-s-dogma-2.jpg

After last week, it looks like Dragon's Dogma 2 is getting ready to receive a DLC.

As reported by users on reddit, the Dragon's Dogma 2 application on Steam received numerous encrypted updates that can be consulted via SteamDB. The wording accompanying these updates shows the word “DLC” in several cases, apparently a clear sign that Capcom is working on new content for its action RPG.

Currently, the company has not announced anything official about this, nor has Itsuno, in his farewell message, made any mention of the arrival of DLC for the game. But we know how Capcom has already proposed a substantial post-launch expansion with the first chapter of the series, and it's by no means excluded that this could be repeated. Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen was one of the most highly regarded pieces of content in the game, acclaimed by players looking for a new mysterious setting to explore, even more attractive and challenging, and new specializations to further improve their Arisen.

via Everyeye.it

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Hope so! Game sure could use more content.

KàIRóS

It's hard to imagine the franchise going forward without Hideaki Itsuno, from what I understand he envisioned the game as early as the mid 2000s, we're talking a Kojima-Metal Gear type of thing here, but we'll see, to be fair Capcom has been releasing banger after banger recently so I'll trust them for now, maybe he even managed to work on the DLC before leaving Capcom.

It's hard to imagine the franchise going forward without Hideaki Itsuno, from what I understand he envisioned the game as early as the mid 2000s, we're talking a Kojima-Metal Gear type of thing here, but we'll see, to be fair Capcom has been releasing banger after banger recently so I'll trust them for now, maybe he even managed to work on the DLC before leaving Capcom.
well, my main issue with dragon's dogma 2 is that the franchise didn't go forward. it basically just reiterated itself, &, in some ways, not nearly as well as it'd done originally...

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Hope they add new vocations or give Sorcerer it's Dark Magic back. Either way if they do announce DLC I hope they add endgame on par or better then BBI and keep players engaged on wanting to stay playing the game.

And give us some dungeons that aren't just more caves.

semiconscious semiconscious It very much rewrites itself. This ties into the lore of DD2. Digging deep you have something very interesting but it is not explored a whole lot and that is where DD2 failed to deliver.

Last edited:

finalflame

Honestly the game drew me in but didn’t stick the landing. I hadn’t played the original, but honestly eventually the lightness of content is just exhausting. Same 3 fucking reskinned world bosses..

Hope they add new vocations or give Sorcerer it's Dark Magic back. Either way if they do announce DLC I hope they add endgame on par or better then BBI and keep players engaged on wanting to stay playing the game.

And give us some dungeons that aren't just more caves.

semiconscious semiconscious It very much rewrites itself. This ties into the lore of DD2. Digging deep you have something very interesting but it is not explored a whole lot and that is where DD2 failed to deliver.
why would i want to spend time 'digging deep' into a game that's fundamentally one long, never-ending episode of deju vu? i can see wanting to bail (which I did after 30+ hours), but wanting to 'dig deep'? there's just gotta be some incentive there (i loved/replayed the original game, btw)...

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
why would i want to spend time 'digging deep' into a game that's fundamentally one long, never-ending episode of deju vu? i can see wanting to bail (which I did after 30+ hours), but wanting to 'dig deep'? there's just gotta be some incentive there (i loved/replayed the original game, btw)...
To each their own. I like the lore in both games. But I spent 100+ hours in both games so...

Player engagement is definitely much better in DD1.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
DD2: cut content edition

well i bought DD2 months ago, i guess i should wait for this and further optimizaton then

Top Bottom