• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capsized |OT| It's only a screenshot...

okenny

Banned
desu said:
400 MS is worth what 5$? Poor devs (with an awesome game).

Maybe they hit the resource restriction or something. As far as I know, there's little stopping games from making into the Indie Channel other than the time it may take to tweak the game to work on 360 better.

If the amount of work is minimal, it wouldn't hurt profits.

Maybe there's a value perception if the game is on XBLIG or they're holding out for publishers.

Ledsen

So I played this a bit today. Finished 7 of the game's 12 levels in an hour (yeah, less than 10 mins/level), so needless to say it's not a long game. I am enjoying it more than I thought I would though, since the demo made such an awful impression. Yes, the physics are horrible and feel more like an early 90's attempt than modern tech, but it's kind of fun bouncing around like a madman and jumping off of the thing you're carrying around in order to jump infinitely high (!). Also the level design is complete ass. There are no puzzles, don't know where people got that from. Sometimes you push rocks through small passages but that's all. I definitely wouldn't recommend it for any price over, say, $5. Huge missed opportunity considering how awesome the art and music is.

Ledsen

Played a few more levels and I have to agree that the game gets much better when you reach the ruins (level 8 I think?). The design is better, the atmosphere is great and the game simply becomes much more fun.

schick85

Most anticipated game on the PSN so far followed by Machinarium, Rocketbirds, Journey, Amy, Jurassic Park, Papo & Yo, BloodRayne: Betrayal, Trine 2, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, Sideway, PixelJunk Lifelike, and maybe Okabu.

Release it tomorrow, Alien Trap! Make it happen!

Top Bottom