• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Teaser poster.

CCVgUCBUgAAWlWo.jpg
BRAZZERS

Jawmuncher

So are we all assuming that
Cap dies
just like in the comics or that they are going to change it up to catch everyone off guard?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
‘Captain America: Civil War’ First to Use New Imax/Arri 2D Camera (EXCLUSIVE)

“Captain America: Civil War” will be the first film shot with Imax’s new 2D digital cameras, Variety has learned.

Roughly 15 minutes of the film, including what co-director Joe Russo describes as one sequence “with some incredible scale to it,” will be shot with the cameras.

“We like being on the cutting edge of technology, and we like to enhance storytelling with technology in a way that pushes the narrative forward creatively,” said Russo. “When you’re working on a Marvel film, there’s a sense of showmanship that goes along with the movies, and no exhibitor exploits that better than Imax.”

Russo and his brother Anthony are well schooled in the Marvel universe, having previously directed “Captain America: The Winter Soldier.” They are teaming once again on the sequel and are set to helm two upcoming “Avengers” sequels.

The new cameras have emerged through a co-development partnership between the wide screen company and Arri, the German motion picture supply giant. Imax currently has a 3D digital camera and 2D film camera, but is manufacturing the new technology in recognition of the fact that more and more films are shot digitally.

Awesome.

EDIT: Also, the article states that filming begins April 27. I'm guessing they're waiting till the Age of Ultron publicity tour dies down to start.

Pachimari

Woo, we're gonna have the Dr Strange production thread soon then.

And I feel like I'm the only one who's gonna be #TeamIronMan.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
http://collider.com/captain-america-3-civil-war-scarlett-johansson-teases-psychological-twists/

Scarlett Johansson Teases “Psychological Twists” in CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

“I have read the script for Civil War. You know, the film has a very different feeling than anything of Marvel’s that I’ve read or been a part of before. These films are—I don’t think darker is the right word because there’s definitely always going to be some kind of levity, and that comes in a form of humor or hope. When you compare these films to like Batman, it’s a different feeling obviously, it’s a different audience experience, but as the stakes loom like larger and larger I think these films are kind of maturing with the audience; so there’s even more complex psychological twists that I sort of hadn’t necessarily anticipated.”

“I’m excited to work with the Russos again. They have a very different approach to this universe than Joss, just different. It will be interesting to see how they treat all of these new characters. When we were doing Cap 2, the film felt very much like we were doing a kind of ‘70s style car-chase political-thriller, it had that kind of flavor. But they were also dealing with far less characters, the stakes were just different. Now with Civil War it’s gonna be interesting to see how they set up this next phase, I think Cap 3 is definitely sort of like a pre-Avengers 3 and 4. It feels like that, whereas Cap 2 didn’t feel like it was necessarily part of The Avengers. I mean, it feels like a piece that fits in, but it didn’t feel like it was leading you into Avengers 2.”

E the Shaggy

I would understand that if we didn't already have the awesome Winter Soldier movie to appreciate what she means.

This.

Winter Soldier feels a lot different from Avengers, in a good way.

I love Avengers, but sometimes it can feel a bit too "jokey" for its own good. I never got that from WS.

civil war will be the GOAT avengers movie.

winter soldier is more of a duo team up flick. black widow was great with captain america

DeathyBoy

Banned
Right, I like Winter Soldier and everything, I even think it's the better movie but... this is just dumb.

Not really. To me the concept of a team-up film works better when, ya know, the characters are actually teaming up. Not having increasingly forced conflict until they get an artificial reason to join forces.

Falcon joining up with Cap, no questions asked, is a flat-out great scene and damn representative of what The Avengers should stand for;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom