• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

tumblr_ngh94ofFm31suq1mqo3_500.gif

Perfect

If anyone in their right mind called themselves "Secret Warriors" I would turn off the tv, delete anything to do with it off of my DVR, cancel the recording schedule and openly mock anyone who watched it and anything to do with it for the rest of eternity.
It is one thing to have it as a title of a book, a whole nothing thing to lay claim to the title.

They would have to double the actor's budget to get them to call themselves, "Secret Warriors" without bursting with laughter each time.

The cast seems a tad bloated, no? Someone in this thread said Thor was 'all but confirmed', please no, I don't want gods in my street-level superhero movie.

Russo Bros. did a fine job juggling a trio back in Winter Soldier, but here it's much bigger.

The cast seems a tad bloated, no? Someone in this thread said Thor was 'all but confirmed', please no, I don't want gods in my street-level superhero movie.

Russo Bros. did a fine job juggling a trio back in Winter Soldier, but here it's much bigger.

Thor hasn't even been rumored right? Don't remember reading anything about that.

jmood88

No one in this thread has even mentioned Thor.

J10

Banned

Captain America is not a street level hero. Neither are Iron Man and Black Panther. LOL

Ithil

I'm not too sure you know what "street-level" means if you think Captain America is it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Things happening on Agents of SHIELD may provide additional background for Captain America: Civil War but I really don't expect the assorted Marvel shows to become required viewing to understand the movies, ever, which means they won't get to break any new continuity-important plot points.

Civil War's gonna be about Cap and Tony's personalities and personal histories much more than it's about superheroes in the generic.

Yeah I think this is probably the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if they at least have a nod/lipservice towards Skye and/or other "enhanced" people that we see in Agents of Shield. Skye's current situation on the show is a pretty apt microcosm of the whole "government reigning in/regulating superpowered people" thing.

I'm not too sure you know what "street-level" means if you think Captain America is it.

You didn't see the scene where Cap laments about rampant corruption in HIS city, and stops a couple muggings and drug dealers with ties to a larger criminal underworld under cover of darkness? I'm not sure we saw the same movie.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I don't think Thor has a reason to be in this. He'll be dealing with his own things back home.

Yeah, it's pretty well established that Thor will be away from Earth for Thor: Ragnarok. He was off world for the Civil War storyline as well.

J10

Banned
Now if Thor is gone, they can't have Hulk in the roster as well for balance sake.

So...you know what that means.

I was thinking that Hulk might be the New Warriors/Nitro replacement. The last straw. Not that that means he needs to be prominent in the movie though.

Replicant

They can't have Thor in. He'd just immediately side with Captain, especially judging from all of the trailers they've released thus far for Age of Ultron.

J10

Banned
From the razor that raised the bar, to the razors re-raising that raised bar even higher...

They found someone who could say that without laughing.

Quick

Banned
I kinda want more cameos from Community cast members.

Joel McHale as Hydra Bob

Gillian Jacobs as a Wakandan

Alison Brie as a USO Girl for Cap flashing back to his Star-Spangled Man USO tour

Donald Glover as a street performer named Miles at Times Square dressed up as "Spader-Guy" - a spider costume with James Spader's face stapled onto the mask

Ken Jeong as a SHIELD employee, who still thinks he works in secret for Hydra

Jim Rash as Ken Jeong's SHIELD boss, a Hydra/SHIELD "truther" (Hydra never took over SHIELD, SHIELD just had malfunctions with their helicarriers, Project Insight is what crazy people believe, Captain America's speech inside the Triskellion was a fake recording to serve as a drill)

Chevy Chase as
Red Skull disguised as Alexander Pierce, who tells people he's the real Pierce

Yyvette Nicole Brown as a chef working in Cleveland for Howard the Duck, mid-credits to Civil War as an introduction to his own movie during Phase 4

Dany Pudi returns as a SHIELD technician

Joel McHale as Hydra Bob

Alison Brie as a USO Girl for Cap flashing back to his Star-Spangled Man USO tour

Donald Glover as a street performer named Miles at Times Square dressed up as "Spader-Guy" - a spider costume with James Spader's face stapled onto the mask

Jim Rash as Ken Jeong's SHIELD boss, a Hydra/SHIELD "truther" (Hydra never took over SHIELD, SHIELD just had malfunctions with their helicarriers, Project Insight is what crazy people believe, Captain America's speech inside the Triskellion was a fake recording to serve as a drill)

Chevy Chase as

Yyvette Nicole Brown as a chef working in Cleveland for Howard the Duck, mid-credits to Civil War as an introduction to his own movie during Phase 4

RG0BS1U.jpg

Pachimari

Also, Charlie Cox (Daredevil) would like to be in this movie (even if it is cameo background stuff he said), but I don't think he'll be in at all. Even though all those actors could easily be in a movie.

J10

Banned
Joel McHale as Hydra Bob

Chevy Chase as

And they can all die at the same time in a meteor strike.

Also, Charlie Cox (Daredevil) would like to be in this movie (even if it is cameo background stuff he said), but I don't think he'll be in at all. Even though all those actors could easily be in a movie.

He'd fit riiiight in with all the fight scenes. 5 minute cameo maybe? Captain's getting his ass beat by goons on the streets of NY, Daredevil shows up and helps him out, tells him to keep fighting the good fight because the world needs people like him and Cap.

Would just be such a cool moment. I know the film is packed already, but it seems a waste that they've created such a good character in Cox's Daredevil and wouldn't use him at all in the MCU. Why have the two sides linked at all if they're not going to take advantage of it?

He'd fit riiiight in with all the fight scenes. 5 minute cameo maybe? Captain's getting his ass beat by goons on the streets of NY, Daredevil shows up and helps him out, tells him to keep fighting the good fight because the world needs people like him and Cap.

Would just be such a cool moment. I know the film is packed already, but it seems a waste that they've created such a good character in Cox's Daredevil and wouldn't use him at all in the MCU. Why have the two sides linked at all if they're not going to take advantage of it?

And Daredevil takes another 5 minutes to subdue one bad guy.

More like DD is getting his ass handed to him, Capt strolls by on a jog. Capt says, "On your left," and flicks the baddie into a dumpster, an effortless display. DD doesn't have time to react before Capt continues his casual path around the corner.

It would have to be the other way around. Cap ain't getting his ass beat by any goons. That's Daredevil's schtick. I love the series so far, but the power level is extreme and obvious between the two characters. Cap is definitely superhuman by comparison, but I think it makes Daredevil that much better. They nailed Daredevil's powers and abilities perfectly. I think he could hold his own for a few rounds using his unique powers, but Cap would easily overpower him quite quickly if the MCU characters were to face off in any way.

Perhaps a cameo along the lines of telling Cap how the Avengers actions in New York had long lasting and dire consequences that he seems oblivious to would be a better scenario in a face to face meeting. That would work coming from either Murdock or his Daredevil persona.

Pachimari

He don't even have to appear in costume. Just let him casually walk by or waiting at at traffic light, walking across a street with his stick. Such small easters are welcomed too.

I still don't understand, why they don't cross over the characters more, now that it's a shared universe anyway. I understand it's hard to get the film actors to appear on tv, but at least make contracts with the Netflix guys to appear in cameos in the movies.

It would have to be the other way around. Cap ain't getting his ass beat by any goons. That's Daredevil's schtick. I love the series so far, but the power level is extreme and obvious between the two characters. Cap is definitely superhuman by comparison, but I think it makes Daredevil that much better. They nailed Daredevil's powers and abilities perfectly. I think he could hold his own for a few rounds using his unique powers, but Cap would easily overpower him quite quickly if the MCU characters were to face off in any way.

Perhaps a cameo along the lines of telling Cap how the Avengers actions in New York had long lasting and dire consequences that he seems oblivious to would be a better scenario in a face to face meeting. That would work coming from either Murdock or his Daredevil persona.

Okay maybe not "ass handed to him", but he could definitely help Cap out, even if Cap doesn't necessarily need his help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom