• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to officially announce that I have joined the cast of Captain America: Civil War, since they could clearly use a few more people in the movie

It says AoU as the first appearance. I can see it being true, but with her as just Carol Danvers and not Captain Marvel yet

Considering it's a rumor I think it makes more sense to have her included in Civil War instead of Ultron, due to production timing and casting for both.

If you had to choose one, would you guys rather see a Carol cameo / post credits scene or Spidey?

Considering it's a rumor I think it makes more sense to have her included in Civil War instead of Ultron, due to production timing and casting for both.

If you had to choose one, would you guys rather see a Carol cameo / post credits scene or Spidey?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Spidey

I'd prefer to see Spidey swinging around NYC, only to get punched in the face by a flying Captain Marvel
and Nova follows up with an elbow drop

There are zero mentions of Civil War in this article. What is reading?

That was my own speculation. The rumor is we could see her earlier than anticipated.

Considering Civil War starts production April 1st, if she doesn't appear in Ultron then she'll likely appear in Civil War (if the rumor is true).

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.tammysmithcasting.com/TSCasting/Casting_Notices.html

Revised casting notice for Civil War:

MILITARY OFFICERS/OFFICIALS
Ages 50 - 75 - distinguished men, all ethnicities
Former Military is a plus but not mandatory
Films in May

AFRICAN & AFRICAN AMERICAN MEN & WOMEN
Ages 18 to 75
Casual looks or Ethnic African Wardrobe (is a plus, but not mandatory)
(Nigeria, Liberia, Ghana, Cameroon, etc...)
Films in mid May

RUSSIAN MEN
(or other Eastern European or Slavic types - Polish, Czech, Serbian, etc...)
Ages 25 to 65 - tough types, character types, burly types, etc..
beards are a plus, but not mandatory
Films in May/June

COLLEGE STUDENTS & ALUMNI TYPES
Ages 18 to 60
-Ivy League College appropriate attire required
Films in mid May

Now they're looking for Russians?

J10

Banned
Department X? Maybe they're gonna come back around to something closer to Winter Soldier's book origin.

richiek

Found this on reddit. Supposedly, this was spotted in South Boston:

GkyGPIu.jpg

http://www.moviecastingcall.org/2015/03/captain-america-civil-war-casting-calls.html

According to this casting website, filming is supposed to begin April 4. There's also an updated synopsis as well.

So regarding the synopsis and Agents of Shield...(season two AoS spoilers)

I wonder if this means Nu-Shield (led by Edward James Olmos) successfully becomes the default Shield and what we're seeing in AoS is them setting up the frame-work for a Shield that's aggressively seeking out superhumans?

Because the Shield Coulson's leading at the moment doesn't seem like it would be open to instituting such a thing...

richiek

So regarding the synopsis and Agents of Shield...(season two AoS spoilers)

I wonder if this means Nu-Shield (led by Edward James Olmos) successfully becomes the default Shield and what we're seeing in AoS is them setting up the frame-work for a Shield that's aggressively seeking out superhumans?

Because the Shield Coulson's leading at the moment doesn't seem like it would be open to instituting such a thing...

I'm guessing
Coulson and co will be ousted from power by the end of the second season and join Cap's side, while Nu Shield will help Stark enforce the Superhuman Registration Act.

J10

Banned
Coulson's SHIELD won't be SHIELD at all. SHIELD will probably get it's official government status back under new leadership and Coulson's crew will be outcasts/fugitives. They'll call themselves

(wait for it)

Secret Warriors.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Coulson's SHIELD won't be SHIELD at all. SHIELD will probably get it's official government status back under new leadership and Coulson's crew will be outcasts/fugitives. They'll call themselves

(wait for it)
Secret Warriors.

Since Secret Warriors gets a Reprint this Summer, I wouldnt be that surprised actually.
I thought it is because Hickmann is Marvel big horse right now, but it would make sense both ways.

I'm guessing
Coulson and co will be ousted from power by the end of the second season and join Cap's side, while Nu Shield will help Stark enforce the Superhuman Registration Act.

Yeah, that's a very good point about Coulson and fits with his character. If they do intend to bring him back into the MCU at some point, CW would be a great launching pad.

(wait for it)

Secret Warriors.

That would be pretty damn sweet.

Things happening on Agents of SHIELD may provide additional background for Captain America: Civil War but I really don't expect the assorted Marvel shows to become required viewing to understand the movies, ever, which means they won't get to break any new continuity-important plot points.

Civil War's gonna be about Cap and Tony's personalities and personal histories much more than it's about superheroes in the generic.

Hex

Banned

(wait for it)

Secret Warriors.

If anyone in their right mind called themselves "Secret Warriors" I would turn off the tv, delete anything to do with it off of my DVR, cancel the recording schedule and openly mock anyone who watched it and anything to do with it for the rest of eternity.
It is one thing to have it as a title of a book, a whole nothing thing to lay claim to the title.

(wait for it)

Secret Warriors.

Won't the title of the show be irrelevant then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom