• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Okay so: Road to Civil War, Civil War 1-7, and anything after that? Front line? Is that after the effects of CW?

It's worth buying Civil War: Wolverine too. Otherwise you're missing out on the resolution of a key plot point from Civil War, and have no context for the choices one character makes throughout the story.

They could do it in any number of ways. Him going to Murdock for legal advice, DD helping him take down some Hydra/Stark assassins.

There's literally no point in the MCU if they aren't going to take advantage of cameos, especially when it's on a TV actor payscale.

UGwf7xJ.jpg

This look good?

I feel like in Daredevil, the connections the the MCU were so vague or plated down. Like they had all those shots of the New York skyline but you never saw Avengers tower. All we really saw was a newspaper alluding to the alien attack in Avengers and some talk about how it's impacting rent prices in the first episode or two.
So it seems like if they don't tie in DD better in Civil War... what's the point in even calling it a shared universe then? Just call it a separate continuity like the DC TV universe.

So DD needs some sort of reference in Civil War.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like in Daredevil, the connections the the MCU were so vague or plated down. Like they had all those shots of the New York skyline but you never saw Avengers tower. All we really saw was a newspaper alluding to the alien attack in Avengers and some talk about how it's impacting rent prices in the first episode or two.
So it seems like if they don't tie in DD better in Civil War... what's the point in even calling it a shared universe then? Just call it a separate continuity like the DC TV universe.

THANK YOU! Why was it so hard for them to include that in at least ONE skyline shot??? I don't get it. It's like they went out of their way to have all those skyline shots and never CG it in there. Yet, they have it on that motion poster with the full cast.

Ithil

The whole premise of the show, Hell's Kitchen being a wretched hive of scum and villainy again instead of the gentrified area it is now, stems from The Avengers.
Remember DD and the other Netflix shows are meant to be "below" the cinematic part, they're street level and below the notice of all those superheros and supervillains.

Blader

Straight from AoU filming, to AoU press tour, to Cap 3 filming. As much money as these guys get, I bet they're glad when this is all over.

R.I.P beard.

Then next year doing the press for Civil War before jumping into filming for Infinity War. That's a hell of a grind.

Spinluck

CGI becoming easier and faster and render or something? Kind of crazy that this film is due next year. Guys must be on a tight ass schedule.

Hyped to see Black Panther (he's confirmed for this right?) and Crossbones!

Grillo was one of the best things about TWS, really happy he's coming back.

Does anyone know if Bucky is returning? Seems obvious, but doesn't hurt to ask...

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
CGI becoming easier and faster and render or something? Kind of crazy that this film is due next year. Guys must be on a tight ass schedule.

A year is seemingly becoming a standard amount of production time for most Marvel films.

Hyped to see Black Panther (he's confirmed for this right?) and Crossbones!

Grillo was one of the best things about TWS, really happy he's coming back.

Does anyone know if Bucky is returning? Seems obvious, but doesn't hurt to ask...

OP has the current cast.

Captain America/Steve Rogers - Chris Evans
Iron Man/Tony Stark - Robert Downey Jr.
Black Panther/T'Challa - Chadwick Boseman
Falcon/Sam Wilson - Anthony Mackie
Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff - Scarlett Johansson
Hawkeye/Clint Barton - Jeremy Renner
Winter Soldier/Bucky Barnes - Sebastian Stan
Spider-Man/Peter Parker - ?
(OP hasn't put Scarlet Witch in but she's confirmed)
Baron Zemo - Daniel Brühl
Crossbones/Brock Rumlow - Frank Grillo

inky

And is really, really good, I might add. Best "real world" take on superheroes since Marvels.

Frontline became my favorite thing about Civil War. For as heavy handed as that whole storyline is, frontline managed to give it another, more interesting perspective.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
OP is updated.

Sorry, Took some time. A lot stuff to do at work and at home I am primary online at my iPad and editing big ass Posts is shitty there.

Is WarMachine not confirmed yet? I would love him to be in it as his suit is property of the US Gov' and he's (AOU spoilers)
also an Avenger now
. Could be a great storyline for the character.

inky

Is WarMachine not confirmed yet? I would love him to be in it as his suit is property of the US Gov' and he's (AOU spoilers)
also an Avenger now
. Could be a great storyline for the character.

Well, so I'm guessing he doesn't die in AoU. Thanks for the spoiler :p

I would expect both of
War Machine
and
Vision
to turn up as well.

Not that it matters (to me), but this is the wrong way to tag spoilers here :p :p

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Well, so I'm guessing he doesn't die in AoU. Thanks for the spoiler :p

Not that it matters (to me), but this is the wrong way to tag spoilers here :p :p

Anyone could be War Machine though :p
but yes, please tag spoilers people, film still isn't out yet in US

what are the chances we see The Punisher make a cameo in any of the future marvel movies?

He was in Winter Solider!
Not really.
I'd rather Netflix to be honest.

You know, now that I think about it...the fact that they're doing Infinity War's filming two-three years early is fucking genius. I can't even BEGIN to imagine how many special effects shots will be in the final film. With three years of post-production and the insane amount of cash Marvel is going to be throwing around, it's going to look spectacular!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom