• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
Can't click that spoiler :-(

I'm just going to assume it confirms a lead in to Planet Hulk and will shank anyone who tries to correct me

:-(

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
We're in Community?
community-annie-badass-o.gif

Why is there so much concern about where threads are located?

Community is where threads go to die!

El Daniel

I don't think he's had much of a break since after first Avengers. He basically went from TWS to AoU to CW, with time in-between for press junkets.

Filming wrapped up months ago. They didn't go from filming to promotion in a week. Might have been six months in between. Not that they're aren't busy with other things but it's not all marvel related.

Altairre

I wonder if Scarlet Witch will wear the suit from AoU in Civil War. It's a pretty good design imho. Elizabeth Olsen just did an interview on the daily show as well and it's a fun watch.

Lach

Guys! Guys! Guys!
Thinking about Peggy being in this I just had an idea!

What if Civil War isn't about Marvel Civil War, but the American Civil War?
Cap (AoU Spoilers)
haunted by the visions, Scarlet Witch gave him,
wants to be reunited with Peggy and asks Tony to build him a time machine to go back to 1945. But something goes wrong and he actually goes to 1861. He has to make some tough choices about changing events and stuff.

The ending shot will be the ending scene from Cap1, with Peggy at the radio. But then she turns around and sees ~120 years old Cap (maybe the supersoldier thingy lets him age more slowly)....

Broken Joystick

Hayley Atwell was dressed as Peggy when she went to get her California Driver's license.

I don't know if it's already been confirmed that Peggy is in but looks like she's definitely in the movie.

Hayley Atwell @HayleyAtwell · 10h 10 hours ago
Thinking of all my Marvel friends this week as they start filming Cap 2. Especially my boy @chrisevans and the Russo brothers

Hayley Atwell @HayleyAtwell · 10h 10 hours ago
I meant Cap 3! Obvs x

I wouldn't say that's a confirmation but I hope it's flashbacks, old Peggy didn't really do anything for me, I feel like they've moved passed that now and Cap has Sharon to focus on now.

Guys! Guys! Guys!
Thinking about Peggy being in this I just had an idea!

What if Civil War isn't about Marvel Civil War, but the American Civil War?
Cap (AoU Spoilers)
haunted by the visions, Scarlet Witch gave him,
wants to be reunited with Peggy and asks Tony to build him a time machine to go back to 1945. But something goes wrong and he actually goes to 1861. He has to make some tough choices about changing events and stuff.

The ending shot will be the ending scene from Cap1, with Peggy at the radio. But then she turns around and sees ~120 years old Cap (maybe the supersoldier thingy lets him age more slowly)....

Cap can go back and get the Human Torch and start Secret Avengers.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I'm thinking this has more to do with Agent Carter than with Cap 3.

I wouldn't say that's a confirmation but I hope it's flashbacks, old Peggy didn't really do anything for me, I feel like they've moved passed that now and Cap has Sharon to focus on now.

Yeah.

Evans: That’s why it’s kind of exciting to look forward to Cap 3. I think we really scratched the surface on something great and I think there’s just so much to explore. Not just with the evolution of myself and [Anthony] Mackie’s character, but the reconnection with Bucky, and ultimately a relationship with a woman.

Funny that Emily VanCamp still hasn't been confirmed to appear.

Broken Joystick

I'm thinking this has more to do with Agent Carter than with Cap 3.

Yeah.

Funny that Emily VanCamp still hasn't been confirmed to appear.

I think it was rumored that we'd hear something about Agent Carter's fate rather soon. Seems hopeful.

I'd laugh if Sharon went to Stark's side. Just as he's finally adjusting to post WWII and post your-employer-was-your-enemy-all-along.

Broken Joystick

Cap is a virgin confirmed.

EW: Is family what he wants? A bond with a fellow fighter?

Evans: It’s certainly what he wants, but Cap puts what he wants last. That’s his M.O. And I think for so long he just refuses to bleed on people. So it’s hard to explore a guy who doesn’t want to make waves with his own personal conflict. He’s always trying to help the greater good.

EW: Does that ever change?

Evans: That’s why it’s kind of exciting to look forward to Cap 3. I think we really scratched the surface on something great and I think there’s just so much to explore. Not just with the evolution of myself and [Anthony] Mackie’s character, but the reconnection with Bucky, and ultimately a relationship with a woman.

EW: A love interest?

Evans: It’s funny when you think about it – he’s probably a virgin. [Laughs.] He’s probably a virgin! I don’t know when it would’ve happened.

EW: Well, he was on those USO tours in the first Captain America!

Evans: He was on tour. That’s true. Maybe one of those [dancing] girls blew his mind. [Laughs] He’s probably just a good guy. He was probably holding out for Peggy Carter and he’s a little more old-fashioned in that sense. These are a lot of things that I think are giant conflicts, but they’re also very personal conflicts. He’s a very human guy. That’s why I like him.

EW: In the comic books, there’s like this traditional antagonism between Iron Man and Cap, is that still there? [The next movie, Captain America: Civil War, features the two heroes on opposite sides of a superhero throwdown.]

Evans: There certainly is a mutual respect. Like I said, once you’ve been in battle with someone – we each almost died together, so I think that alone is gonna set a tone for a mutual respect. We still bust each other’s chops. We’re still different people. If we didn’t have to save the world, we might not be the closest of friends. But as a result, we need each other and we rely on each other and I think we each, like I said, there’s a respect now. We butted heads in the beginning, but I think now we both kind of understand what we’re each about. We still kind of throw some jabs here and there.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://buzz.blog.ajc.com/2015/04/30...underway-in-atlanta-cast-spotted-in-buckhead/

The new “Captain America” movie is cranking up in metro Atlanta and some of the stars have already been spotted out and about.

The threequel is based out of the new Pinewood Studios facility in Fayette County but will be doing filming outside that complex. I’m told there’s a big scene in downtown Atlanta coming up. More on that to come.

The movie stars Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr, Jeremy Renner, Sebastian Stan, Daniel Brühl, Frank Grillo, Elizabeth Olsen, Anthony Mackie, Chadwick Boseman, Don Cheadle, William Hurt and Chandra Shaker Sangam.

Holy shit, Thunderbolt Ross is gonna be in Civil War?!

1116344-incredible_hulk_tony_stark_.jpeg

EDIT: And Don Cheadle as well!

Er, so thinking about the cast list and the end of AoU, could that mean (AoU spoilers)
Paul Bettany could be added to the Civil War list, as well? I mean, they already confirmed every other member of the new team...

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Er, so thinking about the cast list and the end of AoU, could that mean (AoU spoilers)
Paul Bettany could be added to the Civil War list, as well? I mean, they already confirmed every other member of the new team...
I think so, too, but will wait until he is confirmed.

Oh fuck yes! I'm actually really happy that he'll be back though it'll be odd as Hulk has disappeared.

How does he become Red Hulk in the comics? Is there any feasible way it could happen in the MCU?

I think he's probably there to stir up shit regarding the fact that the Avengers were toting (essentially) a nuclear device around the world and detonating at will without government supervision.

Toothless

"It’s to jump off into the next Avengers, Infinity War,” Evans said. “So Cap 3 is going to be the set-up of the real battle, so there are a lot of people.”

In addition, Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson revealed that they know whose “side” they’ll be on for the conflict, but they wouldn’t divulge.

Feeling left out, Mark Ruffalo pointed out that he won’t be in the film which prompted Johansson to respond: “Well you never know, there’s always time…I’ll talk to the Russos about it.”

Chris Evans Calls Captain America: Civil War ‘Set Up’ for Avengers: Infinity War

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I mean, in the off chance Ross becomes Red Hulk, Ruffalo could make a surprise appearance a la Julie Delpy and Linda Cardellini in Age of Ultron. A Red Hulk vs Hulk battle would be so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom