• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm guessing what happens at the end of Age of Ultron.
That will certainly come into play, but the summary mentions a new international incident that raises political pressure for superhero accountability.

Full character list:

Steve Rogers/Captain America
Tony Stark/Iron Man
Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier
Sam Wilson/Falcon
The Vision
Clint Barton/Hawkeye
Jim Rhodes/War Machine
Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
Scott Lang/Ant-Man
T’Challa/Black Panther
Sharon Carter/Agent 13
Brock Rumlow/Crossbones
General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross (William Hurt returning)

Daniel Bruhl as
Baron Zemo
Martin Freeman as ????

And though it's not listed in the production announcement, we know Peter Parker/Spider-Man will appear as well, in some capacity.

GOD DAYUM

dorikyasu

Full character list:

Steve Rogers/Captain America
Tony Stark/Iron Man
Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier
Sam Wilson/Falcon
The Vision
Clint Barton/Hawkeye
Jim Rhodes/War Machine
Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
Scott Lang/Ant-Man
T’Challa/Black Panther
Sharon Carter/Agent 13
Brock Rumlow/Crossbones
General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross (William Hurt returning)
Martin Freeman as ????

And though it's not listed in the production announcement, we know Peter Parker/Spider-Man will appear as well, in some capacity.

GOD DAYUM
You forgot Daniel Brühl
as Baron Zemo

Dai101

Banned
We've also got Winter Soldier in there somewhere, and Black Panther. Honestly I'm a little worried. I know we haven't seen anything yet, and I have faith in Russos, but still.

I'm re-watching TWS right now and DAMN. Am i glad they're taking the helm of the MCU over Whedon.

Sam Jackson's contract is up already (if you include Infinity Wars), isn't it? I actually wonder if he'll be making an appearance.

"There's cathering in your movie? Sign me on motherfucker"

Oh! So Ant-Man will be in CW? >NEAT!

Neoxon

Civil War has officially started production. Also, Ant-Man has been confirmed for Civil War.

The film returns Chris Evans (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron”) as the iconic Super Hero character Steve Rogers/Captain America along with Robert Downey Jr. (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” Marvel’s “Iron Man 3”) as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”) as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, Sebastian Stan (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Captain America: The First Avenger”) as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier, Anthony Mackie (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”) as Sam Wilson/Falcon, Paul Bettany (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Iron Man 3”) as The Vision, Jeremy Renner (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” Marvel’s “The Avengers”) as Clint Barton/Hawkeye, Don Cheadle (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Iron Man 3”) as Jim Rhodes/War Machine and Elizabeth Olsen (“Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Godzilla”) as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch.

After his debut in Marvel’s “Ant-Man” on July 17, 2015, Paul Rudd (“Ant-Man,” ”Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues”) will make his first appearance alongside the Avengers as Scott Lang/Ant-Man in “Captain America: Civil War.”

The film also includes outstanding additional cast, including Chadwick Boseman (“42,” “Get on Up”) as T’Challa/Black Panther, Emily VanCamp (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Revenge”) as Sharon Carter/Agent 13, Daniel Brühl (“Inglourious Basterds,” “Bourne Ultimatum”), Frank Grillo (“Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Warrior”) as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones, William Hurt (“A History of Violence,” Marvel’s “The Incredible Hulk”) as General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross and Martin Freeman (“The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies”).

Dalek

Does anyone think that this scene from the Ant-Man trailer could be
Him going to New Avengers base seen at the end of AoU?

Ant-Man_trailer-300x170.png

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Does anyone think that this scene from the Ant-Man trailer could be
Him going to New Avengers base seen at the end of AoU?

Ant-Man_trailer-300x170.png

That is my dream ending for Ant-Man where
it shows the ending of AoU showing the 4 new recruits and then pans over to Rudd.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That is my dream ending for Ant-Man where
it shows the ending of AoU showing the 4 new recruits and then pans over to Rudd.
And Spidey!

Oh shit, just imagine, that
the first scene of Civil War will be Cap finishing the Avengers Assemble line from Avengers 2 :D

jph139

THUNDERBOLT ROSS. Goddamn, I did NOT expect those rumors to pan out. Thought the Incredible Hulk's cast was 100% gone, never to return, but here we are. Wonder if this means he'll be showing up in Ant-Man too? I remember rumors along those lines.

...maybe the movie "stinger" has Ant-Man being tapped by Ross? Have him drafted by the US government, ultimately ending up on Tony's side. That'd be cool.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
How big are the chances for Gwyneth Paltrow to return?
Her contract is up, so they'd just have to ask her. She's not obligated to though. From past interviews, however, it seems like she really enjoyed the films. I believe she appeared in The Avengers for the fun of it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Maybe I am making this up, but Tony sounded really sad as he talked about her in Age of Ultron.

Would be great to see her return.

Geez, at this point, why not throw in Hulk, the Guardians, Thanos, Cloak and Dagger, and fucking Squirrel Girl? This isn't a Captain America movie anymore, it's Avengers 2.5: Civil War. After the success of Avengers now Disney/Marvel wants all of their movies to be team-ups and it's really hurting the individual characters. Age of Ultron suffered by being too big, bloated, and dare I say, Bay-esque and it looks like Civil War is going to up that ante. AND IT'S NOT EVEN A FUCKING AVENGERS MOVIE.

Jesus, Feige, at this point, I'm wishing you just kept Serpent Society.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Geez, at this point, why not throw in Hulk, the Guardians, Thanos, Cloak and Dagger, and fucking Squirrel Girl? This isn't a Captain America movie anymore, it's Avengers 2.5: Civil War. After the success of Avengers now Disney/Marvel wants all of their movies to be team-ups and it's really hurting the individual characters. Age of Ultron suffered by being too big, bloated, and dare I say, Bay-esque and it looks like Civil War is going to up that ante. AND IT'S NOT EVEN A FUCKING AVENGERS MOVIE.

Jesus, Feige, at this point, I'm wishing you just kept Serpent Society.

Quoting duckroll's post from the MCU thread because I think it addresses your bitching quite well:

It's easy to be overwhelmed by the number of recognizable superheroes in the cast listing, but it's interesting to note that the total cast listed in the Civil War press release is only two more than the one in the press release when The Winter Soldier went into production.

The Winter Soldier had Captain America, Black Widow, Nick Fury, Alexander Pierce, Winter Soldier, Falcon, Maria Hill, Brock Rumlow, Georges Batroc, Peggy Carter, Arnim Zola, Agent 13, and Jasper Sitwell all listed in the press release.

Civil War has Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Winter Soldier, Falcon, The Vision, Hawkeye, War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Agent 13, Crossbones, Thunderbolt Ross, and Son Distant Cousin of Thanos listed in the press release.

Characters can have a significant role in the film even if they are only in a single short scene. Peggy Carter and Arnim Zola being prime examples. They can also be characters who appear in a cool set piece but have no role in the larger story - like Batroc.

Quoting duckroll's post from the MCU thread because I think it addresses your bitching quite well:

I guess you're right, but at this point there's just so many plot threads for Steve to worry about.

Steve vs. Tony. Steve trying to find Bucky, Steve training the new Avengers, Steve trying to take down the remains of HYDRA, namely Zemo. Steve finding new heroes which is where BP and Spidey will come in.

Admittedly, most of that is just speculation, but I'm really worried this movie will have WAY too much going on to keep everything straight.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I guess you're right, but at this point there's just so many plot threads for Steve to worry about.

Steve vs. Tony. Steve trying to find Bucky, Steve training the new Avengers, Steve trying to take down the remains of HYDRA, namely Zemo. Steve finding new heroes which is where BP and Spidey will come in.

Admittedly, most of that is just speculation, but I'm really worried this movie will have WAY too much going on to keep everything straight.
For all we know, Zemo is going to be dealt with as quickly as (AoU spoiler?)
Strucker was.
And Spidey could be the smallest of cameos for all we know. Also, time will have passed between AoU and CW, so I really don't know that much time will be spent showing
Steve training the new Avengers
. Your concerns just seem so panicky and fanboy crazy to me.

Considering how awesome Winter Soldier was and how much faith Marvel clearly has in the Russos by bringing them back for Civil War and giving them Infinity War...people just need to calm the f down.

Pachimari

I still feel like this is going to be a Captain America movie first and foremost. Oh fuck it, people will say it is Avengers 2.5 until the day of release...

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I still feel like this is going to be a Captain America movie first and foremost. Oh fuck it, people will say it is Avengers 2.5 until the day of release...

Yeah, it's a shame because this is Cap's story through and through. His search for Winter Solider, his battle with coming to terms to a new world, answering to higher ups that weren't trust-worthy, his own inner turmoil and so on.

Cap has been my favourite character in the MCU, it was originally Tony but after re-watching The First Avenger before Winter Solider, Cap just does something for me. I hope he gets the proper end to a trilogy that I felt Tony never really got.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The Civil War trailers will be insane. Winter Soldier caliber action pieces, Iron Man versus Cap, huge amount of cameos with one liners/single cool scenes, at least one scene with Spidey.

The people at Marvel who cut the trailers must be salivating already. I usually stop watching pre-release media at a certain point, but I'm not sure I'll be able to resist with this one.

Neoxon

The Civil War trailers will be insane. Winter Soldier caliber action pieces, Iron Man versus Cap, huge amount of cameos with one liners/single cool scenes, at least one scene with Spidey.

The people at Marvel who cut the trailers must be salivating already. I usually stop watching pre-release media at a certain point, but I'm not sure I'll be able to resist with this one.
Just add Civil War by Guns N' Roses in the background & you have a winner of a trailer.

I didn't think AOU was bloated at all.

Civil War should be just fine as long as each character is defined by their character and not their powers.

Probably Wakanda and introducing Black Panther. Also is Ulysses Klaw not in this movie?
That better bloody not be Wakanda, if they change a super-advanced African country into 'generic poor African country' I imagine that wouldn't do well for their image.

That being said, I genuinely doubt it's Wakanda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom