• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Spidey reportedly isn't needed until June.

Seems like he'll be the Batroc of this movie then.

Hopefully that means more god-tier choreography
tumblr_n3m70z1qYv1tw9yl5o4_400.gif

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Has anything new been released?

Just more set pics of people we've seen before, Cap, Hawkeye, Widow, Falcon.

Crossbones has finished filming, Stan Lee has filmed his cameo, RDJ is about to start filming some more of his scenes so expect a few more pictures of him soon. Interestingly enough he used #pickyourside as a hashtag, wonder if that'll play into some of the marketing.

Edit: Crossbones isn't done filming yet!

Big duh, but of course Black Panther
will be at odds with Cap (at least initially) so he can put the hurt on his shield with his own vibranium gear. They're gonna have a one on one for sure.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Downey Jr. confirmed the Hulk for Civil War.

I would like to ask a Mod to update the OT in the fitting style, since I am at my phone and wont be able to edit this thread for the next weeks.

AMUSIX

I would like to ask a Mod to update the OT in the fitting style, since I am at my phone and wont be able to edit this thread for the next weeks.
Downey is the only one who has said it. Ruffalo hasn't gotten any script or call sheet yet, but had said that he assumes RDJ knows more than him. Is wait to update until there's a bit more confirmation.

Quick

Banned

brb making a thread to talk about making a thread to edit this thread to mention rdj saying hulk is in civil war

then i'll make a thread to talk about making a thread about rdj saying hulk is in civil war

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
WILLIAM HURT TEASES A "MUCH DIFFERENT" GENERAL ROSS FOR CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

"I loved playing Ross the first time because I was able to try and create an ego as big as the monster he was chasing. And one that was as warped too," he said. "[Ross in Civil War] is different because it's a different style. It's a more modernized style. And what they've done is they've taken a character who was the Ross from the older film and made a new version. This is a much newer Ross. A much different Ross. And I liked that a lot. I haven't had a lot of time to understand it, but I'm doing the best I can. And they haven't fired me yet."

I wonder if this is a hint that
Red Hulk
will appear in Civil War.

Pachimari

Marvel have also shown first footage of the movie at CineEurope in Barcelona. The trailer played up the Captain America vs Iron Man angle.

Concept art for Dr Strange were also presented.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/06...nd-civil-war-kevin-feige-teases-black-panther

Kevin Feige talks about Black Panther's role in Civil War:

Black Panther is T’Challa, the prince of Wakanda, and being the Panther isn’t some sort of secret identity he assumes at night. The monarchs of Wakanda defend their people as the Black Panther, a traditional warrior role. It’s a mantle that has been passed down for generations. T’Challa, played by Chadwick Boseman, will be in the Panther suit in Civil War, but does he begin the movie as the Black Panther? I asked Kevin Feige about this at the Ant-Man junket.

“I don’t know how to answer that question without spoiling it!” Feige said. “It is a role that he is still in the beginning phases of taking on, it’s a mantle he is only beginning to take on because his father is older.”

So as T’Chaka, his father, prepares to hang it all up prince T’Challa prepares to take on the mantle. We can assume that at some point in the film it is passed down - whether that be after T’Chaka retires or after he dies remains to be seen. io9 today reported that a future Marvel film could be an origin story set in the past, but this information makes it clear that movie will not be Black Panther.

So if this is going to be a movie where T’Challa takes on the Black Panther mantle why introduce him now? Why not wait for a solo film? Said Feige:

“The reason we introduced him in Civil War is because we needed a third party. We needed fresh eyes who wasn’t embedded with the Avengers and who has a very different point of view than either Tony or Steve. We said, ‘We need somebody like Black Panther… why don’t we just use Black Panther?’ That’s how it went in the development process.”

So does this mean we'll see Ernie Hudson as T'Chaka in Civil War?

danielcw

Do we know for sure, that General Ross is a villain in the movie?
Granted, the nature of the story may make it hard to define a villain in the first place.
But he couldn't he just be someone who sides with the government, without any evil intentions?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Do we know for sure, that General Ross is a villain in the movie?
Granted, the nature of the story may make it hard to define a villain in the first place.
But he couldn't he just be someone who sides with the government, without any evil intentions?

I placed him there since I have no neutral "side".

You know the costume is going to be amazing.

I know. And that's why I need it. Zero is one of my favorite Cap/Avengers villains, so I am excited to see him on screen.

Of course, I was also excited for Ultron, but Whedon turned him into a Buffy villain. But I have faith in the Winter Soldier team doing Zemo justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom