• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macadinho

Banned
That better bloody not be Wakanda, if they change a super-advanced African country into 'generic poor African country' I imagine that wouldn't do well for their image.

That being said, I genuinely doubt it's Wakanda.

Yeah on second thinking it's probably not, might be the African country where Ulysses Klaw was based or the country where the Hulkbuster scene happened and they're dealing with the fallout from it.

Macadinho

Banned
A casting call and rumours suggest there's a funeral scene being filmed today

The latest rumor, being reported by Heroic Headlines, suggests an unfortunate turn for someone involved in the film. The report suggests that a funeral scene will be shot on Tuesday, May 12. A casting call from Tammy Smith Casting for “Sputnik,” the film’s production title, confirms that the film is seeking “upscale men and women” in “dark” and “conservative” attire, befitting a funeral. The Tuesday forecast for Atlanta suggests it will be a cloudy, grey day. In other words, perfect funeral weather.

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/11/captain-america-civil-war-reportedly-filming-a-funeral-scene/

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
umbertogonzalez HOT RUMOR! In #CAPTAINAMERICA #CIVILWAR, #Hawkeye has a huge fight against #BlackPanther! Who do you have as the winner? I got T'Challa because as Wesley Snipes once famously said, "Always bet on black!" #MarvelStudios #MARVEL #marvelcomics #MCU
11259931_1425584247760401_1655535054_n.jpg

I like that costume. It's better to make a representation of what the costume would be in reality than to just try and match it perfectly.

His little robot fists are funny.

So I was just looking at the Crossbones design (which looks awesome btw), but it also made me think of something else:
ZyenDwS.jpg

Crossbones' design is obviously more compact, but I found the resemblance pretty awesome anyway haha.

I was hanging around Midtown yesterday and decided to hit up Loews Hotel Atlanta yesterday to hang out with friends and I ran into Anthony Mackie(The Falcon) and Frank Grillo(Crossbones) chilling at the bar. They were really cool dudes. Apparently most of the cast is staying in this hotel. I love living in the A.
XOI6Vpal.jpg

Neoxon

I was hanging around Midtown yesterday and decided to hit up Loews Hotel Atlanta yesterday to hang out with friends and I ran into Anthony Mackie(The Falcon) and Frank Grillo(Crossbones) chilling at the bar. They were really cool dudes. Apparently most of the cast is staying in this hotel. I love living in the A.
XOI6Vpal.jpg
You lucky bastard.

Senoculum

ugh, those 2 cameras, side by side jerking around :\

Why cant we get the amazingly framed wide shots of action like in the first avenger.

No kidding :(

They're angle of attack is nearly identical too. Shoulder to shoulder? The Raid 2 had amazing editing because there was an incredible breadth of space between the compositions. Two-shot, over the shoulder, close up on the fists and arm twisting and so on. More worrisome are the camera operators swaying side to side, forcibly so.

Let's hope they capture some good angles, and that the camera ops are reactive to the action and not impassive with the mindset "I should shake the camera to give it oomph."

Quick

Banned
^You know, not everything has to be Every Frame A Painting's Jackie Chan action comedy video.

The Russos and their team did a great job filming fights in TWS. Have some faith.

If I'm going to guess, the scene might end up looking like the first Cap/Bucky fight scene - cutting between a close and wide shots. But really, we don't know anything until trailers/release.

J10

Banned
ugh, those 2 cameras, side by side jerking around :\

Why cant we get the amazingly framed wide shots of action like in the first avenger.

These actors aren't capable of delivering convincing fight scenes on their own. They aren't given the necessary time to learn the choreography well enough to do long takes and they don't have the relevant experience to make it look fast and powerful in a wide shot. The fights are going to be made mostly with heavy editing, camera shaking, and sound effects, like last time. Just the way it is. Best you can hope for is that it's somewhat coherent looking.

Quick

Banned
Grillo has finished all his scenes. https://instagram.com/p/28I4pelXz4/

Grillo looks jacked. I'm hyped to see him in action.

I'm guessing then that he's mostly only in the slums scene? Not that anything we've seen is filmed linear to the script, but could that scene in the slums be the catalyst to the registration act?

Dang, that was fast.

It always surprises me when movies finish filming within a couple of months, because I'd always think it would take them a lot longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom