• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielcw

http://www.slashfilm.com/ant-man-viral-backstory/

This article confirms that Christine Everhart (the reporter in the Iron Man films and the Ant-Man viral videos) will appear in Civil War.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ3es8ABb3k

I just learned that Leslie Bibb (Christine Everhart) and Sam Rockwell (Justin Hammer) are an item.

Which reminds me. Would be cool if we can get an update on Hammer (after All Hail The King). Civil War is already a stuffed movie, but maybe we can get a cameo from Hammer, or at least a mention.

Quick

Banned

It looks like Cap is wearing his Avengers/Battle of New York outfit at the end there.

Keep an eye on the shoulders design and collar.

the-avengers-chris-evans-captain-america-image.jpg

Something I've been wondering about in some conversations recently about villains: do we know if Red Skull is completely gone? Could he have been transported somewhere, and there may be a chance that he'll come back in a future movie? When he 'died' it looked like he was being (painfully) transported to a distant nebulae, and he could show up in a later film having been chilling elsewhere for a few years, consolidating his power.

EDIT - sorry, not directly related to Civil War.

Something I've been wondering about in some conversations recently about villains: do we know if Red Skull is completely gone? Could he have been transported somewhere, and there may be a chance that he'll come back in a future movie? When he 'died' it looked like he was being (painfully) transported to a distant nebulae, and he could show up in a later film having been chilling elsewhere for a few years, consolidating his power.

There's certainly a chance he could return. I don't believe Marvel have ruled it out and it's not as if they necessarily need Hugo Weaving to play him.

tomtom94

I remember a lot of people thinking his transportation at the end of Cap 1 looked like the Bifrost.

Ragnarok?

I remember a lot of people thinking his transportation at the end of Cap 1 looked like the Bifrost.

Ragnarok?

Oh cool; I never thought of that. Does Ragnarok have a specific villain behind it in the comics, or is it just an implosion of the pantheon of Norse Gods? (No doubt aided in part by Loki's machinations).

I'd love to see Red Skull back as a major villain, maybe with a power upgrade, post-Infinity War.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

Someone once posted a theory that none of the main villains in the movies involving infinity stones actually died and were instead absorbed by the stones, which would make it possible for them to come back in Infinity War. Interesting idea and it does fit aside from Malekith who was crushed iirc.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
RDJ posing with fans on set of Civl War:

_N2nH5AmbMM.jpg

cRQpbdY5MgY.jpg

I wonder if this is where Cap is putting the beatdown on Iron Man.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...ambiguous-captain-america-civil-war-character

Martin Freeman talks about his role in Civil War.

“He works for the American government. He works in conjunction with the superheroes, and certain agencies that help to tame the superheroes power I suppose. So you’re not quite sure which side he’s on. It looks a little bit like he’s playing one game when actually he’s playing another. It’s the kind of character I like because it’s ambiguous and because you don’t know whether he’s good or bad. I like that area that isn’t black or white, I like the grays, because I think there’s just more fun to be had in not playing one obvious line.”

Pachimari

So I guess this is our next movie to get hype about, and I'm actually feeling more hyped for it after having seen Ant-Man, only because this is next in the line. And it is not only because of new heroes like Spider-Man and Black Panther, but also to see Captain America's development and where it goes next.

Neoxon

So I guess this is our next movie to get hype about, and I'm actually feeling more hyped for it after having seen Ant-Man, only because this is next in the line. And it is not only because of new heroes like Spider-Man and Black Panther, but also to see Captain America's development and where it goes next.
Nothing like a dose of Ant-Man to get your MCU hype flowing, again.

Which reminds me, who would Scott (& Hank, if he has a cameo in this movie) side with? I have a gut feeling that Hank would think "Maybe Stark is right in this case" & go Pro-Registration.
The post-credits scene at the end of Ant-Man does imply that Scott's on Cap's side, but maybe the Superhuman Registration Act would ensure protection for Cassie, which would be enough for Scott to move over to Team Tony

Yeah

Scott's choice in Civil War is going to come down to Cassie. I have a feeling he's gonna get roped into helping Falcon and Cap because he thinks its the right thing to do, but something is going to go wrong and it will sour their teammup. I don't want that to happen though because I really want Ant-Man to be a permanent fixture on Cap's team of New Avengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom