• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

CTGK96cVAAEGnxi.jpg

Russo brothers gave a talk at a college and a guy asked them two questions about Civil War. He took photos with them, so he probably tells the truth. That's what he said in reddit.
My class went to the panel at the Community College by Cleveland where the Russo brothers came out and talked about their history and ideas on how to get into film. After the panel finished they sat down and let the audience come talk to them, sign stuff, take photos. Naturally all everybody wanted to know about was MCU content, so I asked some questions.
I asked Joe about how Spider-Man looks, and his response was "He's awesome." No surprises there. Talked to Anthony about how the trailer is coming along. He said, "The trailer is almost complete. With just a few special effects left to edit in, it should be out soon. You're really going to enjoy it."
I took selfies with the two individually and you can see them here http://imgur.com/lxXXTP8 I edited my own face out for privacy reasons.
All in all they were both down to Earth people in a position to make fans dreams come true.

xenist

I don't get this "Whose side are you on."

I'm not even from the US and even I know that on moral arguments the side Cap is on is right by default.

Dalek

I'm not even from the US and even I know that on moral arguments the side Cap is on is right by default.

Good man.

That said-we still don't know the exact reasoning for the split in this movie.

Agents of Shield seems to be answering that question. The clip where Quake is arguing with the ACTU head (Rosalind) is very convincing.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Agents of Shield seems to be answering that question. The clip where Quake is arguing with the ACTU head (Rosalind) is very convincing.

They've been planting this Freedom vs Justice angle for the past movies though; Winter Soldier was so on the nose about it, but also in Ultron with the exchange between Stark and Rogers;
- "Isn't it why we fight? To end the fight so we can go home?"
- "Every time people tried to prevent a war, innocent people got hurt."

Even though Ultron ended on a lubbydubby tone between Cap and Stark, they don't see eye-to-eye on moral issues.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

obviously true but we have to see the circumstance Zemo uses to fudge the situation and cause the Civil War in teh comics its so bad it should've been a one issue What If story.

Pachimari

Paul Bettany talks Vision and Civil War. Found this one interesting:

“What I love about my character is that there are so many places for him to go,” he said. “I think he’s very interested in what it means to be human and what love is. The only way one can guarantee one’s loyalty is love. Loyalty is beyond logic, really. Logic doesn’t really provide for loyalty. If your logic changes suddenly and things not make sense, you can alter your allegiance, but love stops you from being able to do that.”

Pachimari

I forgot all about our production thread.

I found out, that there's 157 days left till the Scandinavian premiere. Which means, that Captain America: Civil War premieres right on my birthday.

Thank you based Marvel.

TheFuzz

Rewatching Avengers. Cap's suit is so awful. It's so crazy how well the Russo's understand and respect the Captain America character and how little Whedon did. Whedon used him as the "nerdy, straight-laced" foil to Tony more than I would have liked. He's acknowledged as the leader but Whedon writes it as if Tony "let's him" be the leader. Can't stand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom