• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier SPOILER THREAD | ...does anyone want to get out?

Dies Iræ;107860977 said:
This is Joss lingo. Remember, he wrote that scene. I doubt "miracle" will be a canonical term, more likely it's Joss being Joss.

Yup. I took it more as a statement as to the two of them being the only ones to survive the experiment being a "miracle."

Varna

Dies Iræ;107860977 said:
This is Joss lingo. Remember, he wrote that scene. I doubt "miracle" will be a canonical term, more likely it's Joss being Joss.

I was referring to them being created by experimentation... but now that I think about it, lots of that kind of stuff goes on in the MCU (experimentation) so it fits I guess.

jfF00etgu80vf.jpg

Saw the movie today, easily top 3 Marvel movies. Top 1 in the action department, I had actually being told to keep quiet because of out of control my excitement was. The theater clapped and cheered at the end of the movie.

Blues1990

Quick Question: I've missed out on "Thor: The Dark World" when it came out last year, and I was wondering if the film was, .... well, worth a look.

Magwik

Banned
Quick Question: I've missed out on "Thor: The Dark World" when it came out last year, and I was wondering if the film was, .... well, worth a look.

TDW is okay, worth a rent I'd suppose. Still good to watch it just for the events that happen within the MCU anyways. I liked it mainly for Eccleston though.
Cause it was the only time in November where I could see him in something :(

So if they are using Mutants (correct me if I'm wrong but that coke up twin is going to be in the X-men movie right)? What is stopping Marvel for using Wolverine and Spiderman in avengers two? Just give then a recolor.

Dai101

Banned
So if they are using Mutants (correct me if I'm wrong but that coke up twin is going to be in the X-men movie right)? What is stopping Marvel for using Wolverine and Spiderman in avengers two? Just give then a recolor.

QS and SW had been original members of the Avengers, they were latter retconected to be magneto's kids (and mutants for that matter, also they appeared before as members of the brotherhood. So they're in both teams (Avengers and Xmen/mutants) so they (Mahvel and fox) can use them.

EDIT: Beaten like Sitwell, and with a chart too!!

Wag

No idea why they have to go the "miracle" route with explaining the twins. Agents of Shield already established that some people just have special powers. No need to further explain it.

So mutants don't exist in this universe?

QS and SW had been original members of the Avengers, they were latter retconected to be magneto's kids (and mutants for that matter, also they appeared before as members of the brotherhood. So they're in both teams (Avengers and Xmen/mutants) so they (Mahvel and fox) can use them.

Does that mean we can have wolverine.

Zen

Banned
No and thank God.

Agreed. Mutants are so bloated in the comics, it is no wonder that Marvel kind of keeps the mutant aspect of things in its own little bubble aside from a few cross over events. The non mutant Marvel Universe actually works a lot better without Mutant gumming everything up constantly, and the universe as a whole works well with a soft separation between the two.

anaron

I love my mutants and X-Men, but it's a good thing for the MCU that they have some restraints in carving out a stronger property with these existing characters. I adore seeing these lower tier heroes emerging as A listers.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch first appearred in X-Men #4. Were they not said to be Magnetos kid then?

I don't know pre-Claremont X-Men really.

Mandius

TDW felt like filler material. No real character development, just moving pieces around the board.

At least in IM3 Tony had some growth.

No, they were just two members of the Brotherhood of Mutants, and not very well defined.

Thanks. So they appeared in X-Men first and were always mutants. I thought Fox owned Marvel mutants, but I guess it's not that simple.

Beast was a pretty prominent Avenger too for a while. I wonder if they'd be able to use him.

Or Rogue who was an Avengers villian.

Or Juggernaut who is an X-Men villian but not mutant.

It's interesting how the law is being interpreted here, and I find the idea of lawyers holed up in a room somewhere debating Marvel canon really funny.

TDW felt like filler material. No real character development, just moving pieces around the board.

At least in IM3 Tony had some growth.

Really, Loki had all the character growth in Thor 2. I think he was the secret main character, just based on how most of the stuff in the movie affected him more than Thor.

gerg

Thanks. So they appeared in X-Men first and were always mutants. I thought Fox owned Marvel mutants, but I guess it's not that simple.

Beast was a pretty prominent Avenger too for a while. I wonder if they'd be able to use him.

It's interesting how the law is being interpreted here, and I find the idea of lawyers holed up in a room somewhere debating Marvel canon really funny.

I think with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch it depends on just how prominently they were featured in the Avengers. They may have debuted in X-Men, but they only featured in five issues before being added to the Avengers.

While Rogue and Beast have had similar cross-over it's not been anywhere as big.

AMUSIX

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were specifically named when Marvel signed over the X-Men rights to Fox. No other mutants are up for use, unless Fox allows it, and I doubt they ever will.

Kimosabae

Banned
This discussion boils my blood. My hopes are that, after Days of Future Past and Spidey 2 releases, the gulf in quality becomes so apparent, at least in terms of characterizations and world-building, that an internet outrage transpires and places pressure on FOX/SONY to work something reasonable out with Marvel to allow them use of those properties. I'm honestly of the mind of boycotting anything FOX/SONY does with the properties at this point.

Winter Soldier/Avengers set the bar so high, it's made me realize how absolutely pointless anticipating any of those releases are. They aren't "really" X-Men and it's not "really" Spiderman. Among those worlds are some of my favorite characters, generally, and not being able to see them get the treatment they deserve is really frustrating.

This probably comes across as some daft, fanboy raving to some, but I can't imagine at least one other person out there doesn't feel this way.

GrizzNKev

Banned
This discussion boils my blood. My hopes are that, after Days of Future Past and Spidey 2 releases, the gulf in quality becomes so apparent, at least in terms of characterizations and world-building, that an internet outrage transpires and places pressure on FOX/SONY to work something reasonable out with Marvel to allow them use of those properties. I'm honestly of the mind of boycotting anything FOX/SONY does with the properties at this point.

Winter Soldier/Avengers set the bar so high, it's made me realize how absolutely pointless anticipating any of those releases are. They aren't "really" X-Men and it's not "really" Spiderman. Among those worlds are some of my favorite characters, generally, and not being able to see them get the treatment they deserve is really frustrating.

This probably comes across as some daft, fanboy raving to some, but I can't imagine at least one other person out there doesn't feel this way.

You just have to take things as they are. I'm more appreciative that we're getting anything like this at all.

King326

Why did Falcon have a broken Gotee. It really bothered me throughout the movie. If you can't grow it then get some hair implants. I mean your face will be in a huge movie. Lazy. /rant lol

Who wrote and coordinate the fights in this movie? Compared to avengers, I honestly though the action was superior to it, the freaking Falcon had a better flying action scene than Iron Man

Man, when the captain stopped an airplane by himself with just a shield and guts it blew my mind. The girl I was watching with it, was like Captain America is so lame (because he is an awkward, dork for the 50s that can't get a date), then after that shot, she was like "I take it back"

Top Bottom