• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cartoon Network announces Justice League Action - new animated series

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonBlack

JLA_Poster_v3b1-2-720x1080.jpg

Announced cast so far -

Kevin Conroy - Batman
Mark Hamill - Joker
James Woods - Lex Luthor
Diedrich Bader - Booster Gold

The mental conflict.

Alienous

This is there way of making use of what Zack Snyder's Justice League will generate in terms of DC interest?

It looks like the stark opposite.

Rekubot

Oh hell yes at that voice cast. My biggest concern is the 11 minute episode time, but if it means we can get some original, filler-less stories I'm all for it.

(Still hoping this is secretly a Young Justice sequel. Ah who am I kidding)

Looks great.

Love the voice cast, and while the art is definitely different from DCAU, it's not bad. Wonder Woman in particular looks really cool and stylized, imo.

Effect

The art style is interesting but it's the voice cast that is really selling me. Looking forward to who they managed to bring back for Superman and Wonder Woman or pick if they're new to the role. James Woods isn't Clancy Brown but still a very good choice.

It being 11 minutes isn't an issue. That's likely going to mean two "episodes" per full show for a full half hour. That's pretty much what Titans Go is like I believe. I do not expect this to be as silly and sometimes stupid as Titans Go though. Titans Go already fulfills that role. What I expect is these will be very quick shorts/stories. We'll have to wait to learn the tone though.

As for the art style, remember Brave and the Bold had an iffy art style but was excellent content wise. If it's more of that then GREAT!!! That was fun for all demographics.

Sam Register (Teen Titans Go!) serves as executive producer with Butch Lukic (Justice League, Batman Beyond), Alan Burnett (Batman: The Animated Series) and Jim Krieg (Green Lantern: The Animated Series) serving as producers.

Interested in how it turns out.

PSqueak

Banned
Not really digging that art style (I was hoping the rumors were pointing to a continuation of the original JL show...) but the VA cast is fantastic.

Well that WW does have a Bruce Tim feel to her design, but she indeed looks too young as others have pointed out, Supes and Bats feel weird tho.

George Newbern would be excellent for Superman. He's just as good as Tim Daly.

Brandon Routh would be a solid choice, too, if he isn't too busy.

Batman is the only one who looks weird to me but Supes and Wondy look great.

Too bad 11 minute episodes means this isn't gonna have long-form storytelling which means I'm not gonna watch it outside of a few episodes here and there.

JSevere

Voice cast is great and the character designs aren't too bad. I guess they're going for a mix between Teen Titans Go! and the original DCAU shows.

Snaku

Banned
Awesome cast. Hideous art. Appalling premise. 11 minutes of nothing but action? No plot? No substance? Michael Bay's Justice League? Really, DC?

Ogodei

11-minute episodes are interesting. I guess that's off the TTG format. Adventure Time manages to get some good stories out of 11 minutes, though.

Mr Swine

Banned
Mark Hamill will always be the Joker, nobody comes even close to his performance or voice!

Also I cannot wait for this to air :)

strafer

Mark Hamill will always be the Joker, nobody comes even close to his performance or voice!

Also I cannot wait for this to air :)

I think Troy Baker came pretty close. I always wanted him to take over when Hamill retired, but that doesn't seem to happen.

Luigi87

I wasn't digging the art style, but seeing that voice cast I am now entering Hype Mode.

And I want to have faith in it, because love Teen Titans Go! and that is both with the wacky comedy, and the sometimes surprising more down to earth moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom