• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cartoon Network announces Justice League Action - new animated series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people get Teen Titans Go vibes off it? It doesn't seem like it will be strictly comedic, and the art style isn't hugely degraded to being more cartoonish.

Tizoc

Booster effin' Gold up in this bitch
uRQg0hV.png

RK128

Interesting....so this is going to be more in line with recent shows on the channel (Steven Universe, Adventure Time, ect) but with a focus on maintaining the spirit of past Justice League cartoons in addition to having a lot of voice actors reprising their roles?

Sounds great :D! I don't think this is aiming for the Teen Titans Go crowd, nor is it going to be the continuation that many want of Unlimited. But it looks sorta like Brave & The Bold, and I loved that Batman cartoon :D! Hopeful that this ends up being great and that it gets a lot of support (meaning it doesn't vanish from the air like Young Justice did for no real reason).

Kaizer

Banned
I enjoy Teen Titans Go, and this looks like it'll be similar, but MAAAAAN I wish we could get another DC Animated Series like Justice League, JLU, Teen Titans or Young Justice. As much as I enjoy the humor of TTGO, I still miss the original. I'm willing to bet this won't be much different from it.

Poona

So good to see Wonder Woman with her warrior skirt, like the films (and at times in the comics) rather than panties.

Trickster

Hate how DC insists on using shitty artstyles for the animated stuff. I get that i saves money to use those simple design, but it just looks bad

I'm never going to judge a show based on its artstyle ever again, that kind of arrogance robbed me of years that I could have spent enjoying Teen Titans Go.

Penguin

On my phone but the old thread created about this would confirm other voice actors. And a Josh Keaton is on according to Twitter so imagine Green Lantern

Squalor

Wow, it has been a while since I went from such a soaring high to such an incredibly low nadir.

That headline got me.

Then the art completely sucked.

Great voice cast. Won't watch. Teen Titans Go! was disappointment enough.

SoulUnison

Banned
The art style says "kid's spinoff," but the voice talent says DC's bringing their A game...

Conroy? Hammil? WOODS? WHat the hell?

Really wish they'd gone with the Young Justice art style, though.

The artstyle looks strange. I dig wonder woman, superman has things I like but its a little strange, but batman's desing is terrible.
Maybe all blends better in motion.

But that voice cast, seems they are going for a continuation of the good old dc animations.

Seeing James woods as Luthor I would pay anything for the spanish version to be done by Pep Anton Muñoz like when they both did Hades, not s chance in hell but a man can dream.

Edit: you can do great things with 11 minutes. Regular show crams a lot in 11 minutes.

Toxi

Banned
It's funny how people are immediately comparing the art to Teen Titans Go! when Wonder Woman's anime style reminds me more of the original Teen Titans cartoon.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so I guess Cartoon Network only wants 11 minute shows now?

Could be okay. I've certainly enjoyed shows with episodes of that length. Steven Universe stands out, so if they go slightly more serious and action oriented than SU with the Justice League show, it should be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom