• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cartoon Network announces Justice League Action - new animated series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

How did they get Hamill back? Thought he'd retired from the Joker character?

After 19 years he did retire, but he came out of retirement to voice the Joker for Batman: Killing Joke movie that is coming...
...also (spoiler tagged for a reason)
in Arkham Knight

Edit: Wrote the wrong movie for some reason, lol

Shaanyboi

Banned
How did they get Hamill back? Thought he'd retired from the Joker character?

Money? Also the guy is a huge fan anyway, so he wouldn't say no unless he really had to.

Plus he was just in Arkham Knight and is doing a Killing Joke animated movie so... yeah, he's most definitely not done.

strafer

Money? Also the guy is a huge fan anyway, so he wouldn't say no unless he really had to.

Plus he was just in Arkham Knight and is doing a Killing Joke animated movie so... yeah, he's most definitely not done.

When is the Killing Joke suppose to be out anyway?

As I'm sure many have already said, great voices but that artwork looks like ass, which might be enough to put me off the show entirely.

Looks like its gonna be Transformers Animated all over again...

nicanica

Announced cast so far -
Diedrich Bader - Booster Gold

3329011_o.gif

Wanderer5

Ha ha, Mark Hamill just keeps going.

Sounds fun. Will keep a eye on this for sure.

Edit: Oh it be 11 mins episodes like TT GO? Meh can still be good.

Raxus

Be interesting if these are just 11 minute action snippets or have a larger narrative in the long run. The show runners are aces. So are the VA's. People need to stop getting down on the art style.

Steven Universe and Adventure Time look like they have rather mediocre art styles on just a glance of it and both are also 11 minute shows that pump out genuinely good cartoon episodes often. I'm gonna give it a chance.

I was wondering just last night when we'd finally hear something about this show. Glad that I didn't have to wait long. Hah.

Looking forward to it.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Personally speaking, I'd really welcome a more light-hearted, colorful Justice League series is pretty damn appealing. We've already had a hugely successful Justice League series which already provided us with a more grounded and mature take on the universe. I see nothing them wrong with the showrunners taking these character back to their sunnier, comic book roots. I mean, if the series was just made in the vein of the Tales of Metropolis both comedically and stylistically, it could be a very entertaining show for families.

I'd love to see Tim Daly and Susan Eisenberg reprise their respective roles as Superman and Wonder Woman as well for this, but we'll see. I'm hopeful about this project, at least.

What do people dislike in particular with the art? I think it looks great. That superman looks perfect.

As I'm sure many have already said, great voices but that artwork looks like ass, which might be enough to put me off the show entirely.

Looks like its gonna be Transformers Animated all over again...
A great show? Yeah, probably.

Wanderer5

Eh the style is alright; not that bad. Props to them for having a greek battle skirt for Wonder Woman too from the looks of it.

JLA_Poster_v3b1-2-720x1080.jpg

Not really feeling that artwork, don't know if I should be exci...

Announced cast so far -

Kevin Conroy - Batman
Mark Hamill - Joker
James Woods - Lex Luthor
Diedrich Bader - Booster Gold

Wait what the fuck

Lol eleven minutes. No thanks.

That's my reaction as well. 11 minutes works great for experimental and funny shows. But plot oriented stuff needs 22 minutes to breath, like in the original JL/JLU. When it comes to their major plot episodes, Adventure Time and Steven Universe often feel like they're rushing through dialogue and story events when they're constrained to 11 minutes episodes. This is definitely the worst when it comes to the big story climax episodes, which is why you'll see them do two-part episodes just to reach 22 minutes.

I mean, I can't expect them to switch formats mid-show when the staffs and audiences are used to it. I just wish some of the more interesting stuff and scenes had time to breath.

That's my reaction as well. 11 minutes works great for experimental and funny shows. But plot oriented stuff needs 22 minutes to breath, like in the original JL/JLU. When it comes to their major plot episodes, Adventure Time and Steven Universe often feel like they're rushing through dialogue and story events when they're constrained to 11 minutes episodes. This is definitely the worst when it comes to the big story climax episodes, which is why you'll see them do two-part episodes just to reach 22 minutes.

I mean, I can't expect them to switch formats mid-show when the staffs and audiences are used to it. I just wish some of the more interesting stuff and scenes had time to breath.
Batman: The Brave and the Bold was able to pull off serialized plots in its 3-minute opening segments, so it's definitely doable.

rokero

this looks great, the cast is great only thing that worries me is the 11 minute run time, I think that what a lot of people find jarring about the artstyle is Batman it must be the weird grin he has it looks out of character

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Eh... This looks like another Teen Titans Go. What happen to Young Justice and Timm's new Green Lantern?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom