• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle of Shikigami 1 aka Mobile Light Force 2 is getting rereleased by Degica

Dambrosi

Banned
Weren't the Shikigami no Shiro games PC games (or on PC-derived arcade hardware) originally anyway? Seems like an obvious choice. Now let's hope the...er, "localization" is "up to scratch".

magnetic

Weren't the Shikigami no Shiro games PC games (or on PC-derived arcade hardware) originally anyway? Seems like an obvious choice. Now let's hope the...er, "localization" is "up to scratch".

I tried to run my old copy of Shiki 1 on Windows 10 recently and it failed.

The first game is pretty garish, but I have a certain nostalgia for it - the first shmup along with Ikaruga I've ever gotten into, played it in my first own apartment on a shitty Hori arcade stick.

I've always liked the "get close to bullets for score multiplier" mechanic. Not the deepest system in the world, but intuitive and with lots of room for experimentation.

Don't know if I would pay more than 10€ for a re-release, though. The Cave games or Crimzon Clover have a ton more polish and way better pacing.

Still, a unique and interesting series. I can't imagine they would not release 2 and 3 as well, which are vast improvements if I remember.

Tizoc

http://store.steampowered.com/app/582980/Castle_of_Shikigami/
header.jpg

June 16
Get hyyyyyype

Top Bottom