• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

Troidal

Probably the most hilarious episode of this season. They need more of this kind of episodes. I tend not to like their serious ones.

Probably the most hilarious episode of this season. They need more of this kind of episodes. I tend not to like their serious ones.

Yes. They have no idea how to balance serious with Castle's light hearted character.

Here is a hint writers: You can have a serious situation and a character make flippant remarks. Let it be a defense mechanism. He is jokey in the moment, but hints of seriousness behind the facade and especially after it is over.

This might require a little bit of retconning... but it would work.

So predictions based on promo:
Castle and Beckett obviously let each other know their affections. Castle says as much in the promo. But based on the last shot, they probably hook up at the end.

And like others have speculated, Castle's father is probably involved in the case Kate has been working on.

That really is one of the best episodes of this show they've ever had. It had a fun supernatural hook, it had a unique method of murder, it had Castle-Alexis relationship development, and it even managed to resolve this season's conflict between Castle and Beckett. A+ all around.

Somnia

That really is one of the best episodes of this show they've ever had. It had a fun supernatural hook, it had a unique method of murder, it had Castle-Alexis relationship development, and it even managed to resolve this season's conflict between Castle and Beckett. A+ all around.

Yep I agree, one of the series best episodes, great laughs and great character building. Really enjoyed it and can't wait for next week, the episode looked good.

agree

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

Also it had one of the best endings of the entire series so far!

Can't take another season of will they or won't they. All Tv shows drag their feet when it comes to the relationships of the main characters.

As long as it is "I'm not ready, but I will let you know when I am" followed by "Don't worry, I'll be here waiting until you are" and they actually use that... ok.

If they do "screw this I'm leaving" "No wait, I actually love you" "Great" "But I can't"

Then we'll have some issues.

Shadow780

Only way they'll be together is Stana got pregnant in real life, and then they will have hot steamy unprotected sex in the show.

Rokam

Only way they'll be together is Stana got pregnant in real life, and then they will have hot steamy unprotected sex in the show.

But by then the show will have already gotten so terrible and full of advertising for cars that it won't be worth watching, and makes me call into question if the show was ever good.... you were referencing Bones correct?

Shadow780

But by then the show will have already gotten so terrible and full of advertising for cars that it won't be worth watching, and makes me call into question if the show was ever good.... you were referencing Bones correct?

Bones turned to shit when they wrote off Zack. But look on the bright side, she's got delicious post-birth knockers.

Rokam

As long as there's no regression tonight, I'll keep watching. I'm hoping for some serious progression on the mother storyline or it finally coming to an end. Time for a new arc.

Rokam

So odds that she is back with the NYPD by the end of the first episode next season?

Probably, but I'm assuming they're going to have to keep their relationship secret as Gates wouldn't allow Castle near the precinct if she found out. Poor Ryan... just doing the right thing and saving the day.

Edit: Tvline will have an interview with the show runner after it airs on the west coast.

That's going to be fixed in an episode, just like Beckett getting shot in the heart was. Yes, "time has passed" but pish. Episode, maybe two max before she is back on the force and they have to solve the case of Ichabod Crane or something.

Was kinda hoping it would go ham and just decided that Castle was actually a CIA agent and sniped the shit out of the hitman, which would explain why he keeps getting into the police force ("Knowing the mayor"? That's not entry to the police force, that's a punchline).

I dunno, good that they got together and all, just the whole "Trained assassin, I can take him" thing was kinda annoying. Glad it wasn't Castle that saved her though.

eastmen

Banned
I dunno , i think they will keep her off the force. It be interesting if the assasin kills MR Smith and the evidence is sent to Castle some how. Then Kate and Castle work on it while playing house. 5 or 6 episodes in they get back into the fource some how

I dunno , i think they will keep her off the force. It be interesting if the assasin kills MR Smith and the evidence is sent to Castle some how. Then Kate and Castle work on it while playing house. 5 or 6 episodes in they get back into the fource some how

Unless they get a new showrunner, I doubt it. The show doesn't take that many risks, and outside about 6 or episodes a season, is extremely episodic.

They usually deal with the arc during the season premier and finale, have one or two dealing with it somewhere in the middle of the season (usually around sweeps), and a two parter over the winter break.

scy

That episode did not disappoint. Was kind of expecting it to end with an explicit shot of Mr. Smith dying
also the actually Castle's dad reveal
but I'll take this and run with it.

Now that it seems enough people have seen it...that speech he gave about loving her...that was beautiful. It sums up how things have been for the whole series so simply and beautifully.

And that line was so expected and cheesy but perfect too. "What do you want?" "YOU."

YES!

Super satisfying. Personally I don't really think the last scene was necessary, but I guess it was okay.

I'm still waiting for that criminal mastermind who got away last season to return. I think the show would do well to have a single rogue criminal as an ongoing adversary, as opposed to a shadowy organization with no personality.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I'd still love to see an episode set in the mirror universe where a childless Castle is the criminal genius and Beckett has to hunt him down.

/daydreaming

Rokam

Super satisfying. Personally I don't really think the last scene was necessary, but I guess it was okay.

I'm still waiting for that criminal mastermind who got away last season to return. I think the show would do well to have a single rogue criminal as an ongoing adversary, as opposed to a shadowy organization with no personality.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I'd still love to see an episode set in the mirror universe where a childless Castle is the criminal genius and Beckett has to hunt him down.

/daydreaming

Yeah I thought they were going to bring that guy back, when Ryan's weapon was used in a murder, but sadly no :(.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

/daydreaming

are you shitting me?? after four seasons you dont think one minute of making out was justified?

Somnia

Really great episode. After 4 years they finally let it happen and I'm very happy for it, no more will they wont they, sure theyll find ways to give them problems and shit, but I was very happy to see the way this season ended. Great show

dalin80

Banned
I absolutely love this show and enjoy every ep, its nice to have a usually none serious episode of something to watch between all the epic epicness of spartacus, game of thrones etc.

That said I really hope that next season is the last, this show deserves an actual ending and not to be left in a constant state of unknowing until the plug is eventually pulled down the line. Too many great shows have been culled without any real endings at all or on some cliffhanger hoping for another year that never came.

Make the decision early on what the ending is going to be and when it is going to be and have a awesome season to end it on a high.

Ceebs

I absolutely love this show and enjoy every ep, its nice to have a usually none serious episode of something to watch between all the epic epicness of spartacus, game of thrones etc.

That said I really hope that next season is the last, this show deserves an actual ending and not to be left in a constant state of unknowing until the plug is eventually pulled down the line. Too many great shows have been culled without any real endings at all or on some cliffhanger hoping for another year that never came.

Make the decision early on what the ending is going to be and when it is going to be and have a awesome season to end it on a high.

Wait, this show's future has been in jeopardy? Last time I saw it's ratings they were neck and neck with that Hawaii Five-O show.

Top Bottom