• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

Samara

Aww Castle/Beckett are really together. that is so odd LMAO

Can't believe when the show first started I taught it was horrible (on this very forum), here I am 5 years later still watching <3

Somnia

I haven't watched a real cop drama since New York Undercover. They usual don't work for me, but this show hooked me because of the entire cast.

The characters make this show, not a single one I dislike.

Karak

Most series seem to die when the two mains get together but man...that was handled really friggen well. That was insanely well written for that kind of episode.

They did a really good job of handling Beckett and Castle being together. They managed to keep the same basic dynamic that worked, but tweaked it just enough. Really solid start to the season. Next week looks to be pretty great.

Great episode tonight. It was pretty action-packed and moved forward at a great clip. Plus the relationship dynamic was hilarious (and next week looks even better).

I was a little sad at Tahmoh Penikett's lessened villainous role but when Mr. Bennett showed up as the Senator I forgot all about him. Hopefully the Senator shows up more this season, I love Jack Coleman.

Medalion

Banned
Most series seem to die when the two mains get together but man...that was handled really friggen well. That was insanely well written for that kind of episode.

First few episodes of a long-time will they won't they is always fun, but it's how it's handled in the long-run that will determine what's what

And yes, tonight's ep was pretty good, but I expected a bit more on the reveal of the conspiracy

and they killed off Echo's Handler again :( (DollHouse Reference)

Man, this show is still top notch. The writing is still fun and clever and they can still do great dramatic plots.

Here's to season 5!

Good episode, hopefully we can get a few fun episodes before the over-arching "mother" case comes back up.

I actually said out loud at one point, "Don't do it, Helo! Don't kill Mal's girlfriend!"

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member

I agree - I was very worried about that being an issue, but I didn't feel any let down.

Lach

Great opener.

I was kinda hoping that Beckett would stand to her resignation, become a PI, and have her and Castle doing their own cases with Ryan being their contact at the PD. You could have found something new for Esposito too.

But anyway I'm happy they didn't go the whole "oh this was a mistake, lets stay friends" routine we've seen way too often...

Bazza

got the new episode to look forward to when i finish work today, an hour and 15 mins and counting. cant wait.

Karak

I agree - I was very worried about that being an issue, but I didn't feel any let down.

Ya it actually takes a bit of writing chops to be able to handle the two mains in a love affair, add that to the type of comedy that Castle is versus say other shows where this has happened in the past. One of the things they did NOT do was turn Castle into the beta male style guy who Beckett perhaps treats with disdain. Instead it felt organic like, oh this is the next step and there they GO running off to work on another job.

If they keep the playfulness and such they could continue to have that as a side storyline without that focus. Many shows make the mistake of having the show focus like a laser on the love affair. But both have always had their lives and different styles. I feel that those different styles will be where a good deal of drama between them can come from without threatening the believability (stop being together because of some stupid fight).

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Good episode! Nice movement on both Beckett's mum's case and the relationship storyline. Will be interesting to see how both those play out. Nice to see Beckett being playful about it all too, never can get enough of that.

Rengoku

We need a .gif of this moment.

P.S. We need to update the OP too. I know, I'm just asking and asking and asking. :p

Here you go:

iDgZYHvXZFusD.gif

Volimar

God, they were so adorable in the opener. Loved how well they handled Caskett.

animation1dfg2zq7g.gif

Good opener. Like Jack Coleman as the Big Bad... but anyone wanna make a bet that the mystery doesn't just end with him?

I hate that term. Caskett....

I hate all the couple name smashed together names...

grumpgrumpgrump

Top Bottom