• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

What the hell, there's like a balcony 5 feet next to her, just move over and drop.

Fuck yeah Castle got laid.

that, and the fire escape switched sides when they looked down at the street.

I mean, this is the finale, how hard is that to catch and flip in post...

edit: but overall it was pretty good. I'm glad Beckett finally doesn't care about her mother's murder but I wish that it was a bit more of a character moment instead of (seemingly- though we know it wasn't-) on a whim. I also wish that the show wasn't finding ways to keep that Arc in play.

are you shitting me?? after four seasons you dont think one minute of making out was justified?

No, that scene was the super satisfying one. The very last one with the guy threatening the other guy and declaring his intention to kill Beckett was the unnecessary one.

jagowar

edit: but overall it was pretty good. I'm glad Beckett finally doesn't care about her mother's murder but I wish that it was a bit more of a character moment instead of (seemingly- though we know it wasn't-) on a whim. I also wish that the show wasn't finding ways to keep that Arc in play.

I really hope they "resolve" it quickly at the beginning of next season.... they really have dragged it long enough. There is lots to show with the new dynamic of kate/castle actually being together.

I hope next season's mid season two parter addresses Beckett's Mom stuff instead of "THERE'S A NUKE IN THE SUBWAY!" stuff. As fun as those 24ish episodes are, I think they should work on wrapping up the Beckett's Mom stuff next season. So if they keep most of the normal episodes lighthearted, they can get a lot going in a two parter, then finish it up with the season finale. Then maybe make Castle's Dad stuff the main overarching story of the series.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Good finale, I'm glad they finally got it on. I do hope the show picks up right after and not 2 weeks into the future. I would love to see Martha and alexis getting home and finding Beckett on the couch in castles tshirt or something of that nature.

I feel the same as everyone else here. I'm not too sure why they are going to continue with her mothers murder since she seems to be moving on from it.

Next season is bound to be full of relationship drama but I hope it isnt done poorly like most of chuck was.

Cool season finale which really put up my hopes for a even better next season. I only hope they finally put Alexis away to a college so I can enjoy the show without her made up problems and worrying constantly. I am really interested in the whole betrayal part between Esposito and Ryan I hope their friendship will overcome that (neccessary) issue.

FillerB

Has anyone by chance read Heat Wave?

Yes. It isn't OMGBESTBOOKEVER but it's pretty fun for a tie-in. Take one random episode from Castle, change the character names around a bit, add some sexytime and you pretty much get Heat Wave.

Yes. It isn't OMGBESTBOOKEVER but it's pretty fun for a tie-in. Take one random episode from Castle, change the character names around a bit, add some sexytime and you pretty much get Heat Wave.

I was in a bookstore once and was just flipping through it, and I'm pretty sure there are at least some Firefly references too. There are definitely characters named Malcolm and Reynolds. Haven't read it, so I don't know if it goes any deeper than that.

Edit: That might have been one of the sequels I was looking through. I didn't realize three of his books have been published, wow.

DBT85

I was in a bookstore once and was just flipping through it, and I'm pretty sure there are at least some Firefly references too. There are definitely characters named Malcolm and Reynolds. Haven't read it, so I don't know if it goes any deeper than that.

Edit: That might have been one of the sequels I was looking through. I didn't realize three of his books have been published, wow.

The book is written by the shows writers IIRC, some of whom were Firefly writers.

Volimar

The book is written by the shows writers IIRC, some of whom were Firefly writers.

Not so coincidentally, there's a Rick Castle twitter account staffed by the writer(s) of the books. Mostly just tie in tweets to the episodes, but occasionally some good observations and quips.

@WriteRCastle

FillerB

I just remember a thing I particulary liked about the book that doesn't have anything to do with story itself. It is entirely written in character.

Some excerpts from the acknowledgments.

The point is there are a number of people that I have to thank.
First and foremost on that list are my daughter Alexis, for always keeping me on my toes, and my mother, Martha Rodgers, for always keeping me grounded. In the extended Castle family, very special thanks goes to the lovely Jennifer Allen, my first reader always, and to Terri E. Miller, my partner in crime. May you, dear reader, be lucky enough to know women such as these.

A debt is due to Melissa Harling-Walendy and Liz Dickler in the development of this project, as well as to my dear friends Nathan, Stana, Jon, Seamus, Susan, Molly, Ruben, and Tamala. May our days, no matter how long, continue to be filled with laughter and grace.
And finally, to my two most loyal and devout Sherpas, Tom and Andrew, thank you for the journey. Now that we’ve reached the top, in your company it feels as though the stars are within my reach.

RC

Kryten

I'll admit it - I'm a fan of the books. They're neat little filler pieces, not too badly written and there's certainly worse crime fiction out there (rumour was that Cannell wrote the first one, possibly the first two?). That they tie the book releases *into* the show (Rick at book signings, the gang walking past bookstore window displays and such things) shows that there's a modicum of attention being applied to them that other entertainment tie-in's could learn something from.

I haven't, I admit, tried the Derek Storm short stories. Anyone?

Rokam

Casting news,
looks like HRG (Jack Coleman) will be joining the cast, and sounds like it's multiple episodes.

From EW:

Have you seen the Castle screener? Thumbs up or jazz hands? — @genkichiba
Yes. And jazz hands with a happy jig. Because 1) The morning-after scene is everything executive producer Andrew Marlowe promised (“I think it’s a really sweet, fun and funny scene,” he told me.) and 2) They bring the plot about Beckett’s mom’s murder to a big non-resolution resolution that is very clever. And you’ll see exactly what my confusing terminology means when you see the episode.

Anything on #Castle?? Please? PLEEEEEAAAAASEEEEE? — @themrslondon
All the buzz about the first scene is worth it, but the last scene is also going to be a fave among the fans. (My reaction? “Hey now!”)

From EW:

+ Will Beckett and Castle stay together for good?
While I won’t say “for good” (because there’s just no way of me looking that far into the future), I will echo what creator and executive producer Andrew Marlowe told me: “I think it would be unfair to the audience to have them invest all this time and all this time together only to pull the rug out. I think that was one of the fundamental mistakes they made in Moonlighting. They got them together and then they split them up.”

+Is Maddox the big bad this season?
Well, if you didn’t already hate this guy, you’ll definitely hate him in the premiere — largely because he’s the thorn that bursts our happy couple’s Bubble of Happiness. “When we left last season, we know that whatever bubble Castle and Beckett wake up in, she’s still under active threat,” Marlow reminds us. “And in the last scene, Maddox said, ‘When I have those files, I’m going to put Beckett into the ground.’ And we know he’s close to getting those files. So as is often the case, in a moment of bliss, real life intrudes and the characters have to deal with that and deal with it in a new way, given where they are in the world.”

+ Will there be a two-parter this season?
Maybe. And if we see one, it will not be like any of the ones from past seasons. “We’ll probably do something different — something a little more personal,” says Marlowe.

From EW:

+ Will Beckett and Castle stay together for good?
While I won’t say “for good” (because there’s just no way of me looking that far into the future), I will echo what creator and executive producer Andrew Marlowe told me: “I think it would be unfair to the audience to have them invest all this time and all this time together only to pull the rug out. I think that was one of the fundamental mistakes they made in Moonlighting. They got them together and then they split them up.”

+Is Maddox the big bad this season?
Well, if you didn’t already hate this guy, you’ll definitely hate him in the premiere — largely because he’s the thorn that bursts our happy couple’s Bubble of Happiness. “When we left last season, we know that whatever bubble Castle and Beckett wake up in, she’s still under active threat,” Marlow reminds us. “And in the last scene, Maddox said, ‘When I have those files, I’m going to put Beckett into the ground.’ And we know he’s close to getting those files. So as is often the case, in a moment of bliss, real life intrudes and the characters have to deal with that and deal with it in a new way, given where they are in the world.”

+ Will there be a two-parter this season?
Maybe. And if we see one, it will not be like any of the ones from past seasons. “We’ll probably do something different — something a little more personal,” says Marlowe.

Cool stuff.

Medalion

Banned
They're gonna pull a Daphne and Niles, instant don't give a fuck and then we can enjoy the interesting cases ohhhhh

Pft, it was heading in this direction since Day 1, a child could foresee it.

"Mommy, when's Castle and Beckett gonna finally hook up?"

I placed my bets on "never" because that is a sure way to kill the "will they won't they" crowd's interest. Hopefully they up the mystery quality (and interplay) and those people will be forced to enjoy the show for how great it is, not just to see if some people hook up.

I placed my bets on "never" because that is a sure way to kill the "will they won't they" crowd's interest. Hopefully they up the mystery quality (and interplay) and those people will be forced to enjoy the show for how great it is, not just to see if some people hook up.

The "will they won't they" people actually exist? The #1 reason to watch this show besides being a Fillion fanboy/fangirl is the character interaction. That has the potential to go to a new place now if they play their cards right. I really hope they don't find (force) reasons to split them up as a way to avoid writing what's essentially Castle: Act II.

Bazza

Finally finished the last episode last night. Can't wait to see how the story unfolds from here especially after the episode where they were helping out the CIA and castle's father was mentioned. Who is he and is there a link between him and Beckett's mother.

At least there is only a fortnight to wait now, I need to see more of Kate she is my newest TV crush.

And if anyone reads them, the new Richard Castle book is in stores today. "Frozen Heat."
Like all the others, it will be talked about on the show.

Bazza

And if anyone reads them, the new Richard Castle book is in stores today. "Frozen Heat."
Like all the others, it will be talked about on the show.

didn't even realize the books existed till i finished watching the show and posted here.
Ordered the 1st book today, I don't expect it to be amazing but any book is good for a lunchtime read.

Kryten

I'd heard/read that the first two were by Stephen J Cannell, but I have no idea who would/may have taken over from him.

They've all been fun little romps that cross over into the TV show nicely. I've got the latest one queued up for this weekends 12 hour flight to San Fransisco, resisting the urge to start (and finish) it RIGHT NOW is a little difficult!

Bazza

I am just curious as to who the real author of the books is.

No one knows 100% from what i can tell, apparently Fillion mentioned that the writer of the books had a cameo appearance in one of the episodes and from the blogs iv looked at people seem to think that a dude called Tom Straw wrote them.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Is there going to be a new OT or is discussion continuing in here? Eagerly anticipating the new season, love this show.

Also I just finished the latest book, Beckett would be PISSED at how much of her personal background goes into the book, haha. It really isn't very thinly disguised at all, but I guess that's never going to be an issue as it's fiction based on fiction.

Is there going to be a new OT or is discussion continuing in here? Eagerly anticipating the new season, love this show.

Nah. I had this changed to a general thread last season just because it got such little traffic. This thread was made for season 3 originally, but is only this long after seasons 3 and 4.

Somnia

So excited, this AND Fringe return this week, 2 of my favorite shows on tv. Can't wait to see where they take Beckett/Castle.

Somnia

20 minutes!

Stana-and-Nathan-nathan-fillion-and-stana-katic-32084685-316-315.jpg

Top Bottom