• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

Fun episode. Really enjoying Caskett trying to keep things under wraps. I wonder who will finally figure things out. Esposito and Ryan's scuffle with the bodyguards was a nice way to get them back to status quo. Only two episodes in, but so far so good. The series has been so consistent, I'm sure they can keep it up.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fun episode. Really enjoying Caskett trying to keep things under wraps. I wonder who will finally figure things out. Esposito and Ryan's scuffle with the bodyguards was a nice way to get them back to status quo. Only two episodes in, but so far so good. The series has been so consistent, I'm sure they can keep it up.

It'll probably be Ryan but Espo will be all "Nah bro, he'd totally tell us" and Ryan will be "Yea you're right."

adelante

Haha maybe both Ryan and Esposito could tell they were sleeping together, but wanna see how Caskett's lies play out. And if they do bring it up, it'll be a nonchalant statement over some issue like "you know Castle, you shouldn't treat a girl you're sleeping with that way" or something like that

Medalion

Banned
I'm sorry, that whole accidentally calling Beckett and her thinking he was in trouble was straight up rom-com moment

I love Caskett together but really guys lol

Maddocks

What happened between Ryan and Esposito again?

esposito wanted to keep a case on the down low because they where told to not get involved. Ryan held out as long as he could, but when they got over their head he told the boss and it got esposito and beckett suspended.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So now that Ryan and Espo made up what's the over-under on how soon they figure it out? Three episode? The rest of the season?

Medalion

Banned
It could if the touchscreen sensitivty was increased maybe

Oh and thank god they fixed that Espo and Ryan feud, I forgot what they were fighting about honestly and it just seemed a silly thing to have despite all that's happened

Ceebs

After all these years it still bugs me that Ryan dresses as well as he does for a cop.

Then again he was the butt of one of the best jokes in the show in the episode with the male strippers.

Medalion

Banned
I've seen the previews for next ep, looks funneh

Unlikeliest of Castle fans

And someone close knows Caskett's secret

rakhir

After all these years it still bugs me that Ryan dresses as well as he does for a cop.

Then again he was the butt of one of the best jokes in the show in the episode with the male strippers.

I'm watching the show from the start (again...) and noticed that in the first season Esposito was the fancy looking one, in suits and all. Ryan wore black leather jackets. It's funny how they switched their wardrobe somewhere in second season.

Somnia

I now know whats going to happen, damn obvious. Just a guess!

The bracelet is in the doll, he will have to break it and she will hate Castle again.

Maddocks

another solid episode. castle is on a roll.

the jokes are hitting tops....little predictable in some places but the train is moving forward strong.

I think they're doing a really great job about them being together. I'm guessing the secret won't last much longer, but they're pulling off the secret relationship stress and why it's a secret a lot better than most other shows would.

Plus a hilarious delivery tonight:

"Hands off you're tool, Marco!"
...*snicker*
"Shut up."

Great episode.

The core mystery was nice and twisty. I liked how it kept transforming, eventually ending in a place totally unrelated to the bracelet. It was great that Castle finally got to say the butler did it. That really felt like something he would be dying to say.

I really liked Caskett's little handshake scene. It was cute, sort of touching and then they managed to twist into a joke. Sort of a microcosm of what makes this show so great. Oh yeah, I also love that they get ridiculously turned on by solving crimes.

The Alexis and Castle "good-bye" scene was very nicely done. The monster under the bed bit was cheesy, but, again, it's one of those things I enjoy about the Castle character.

The preview for the next episode looked good. The season has been great so far. The best part is I'm sure they can keep it up.

Medalion

Banned
I really loved tonight's episode

It was heart-warming and funny

Loved watching for a time, Detective Yates being a Castle fan

Alexis still daddy's little girl was a cute moment

Somehow the show managed to pull of sexual tension, STILL, while at work between Castle and Beckett, I was amazed, and they managed to make a handshake so hot lol

Show keeps delivering in spades

This season so far has been solid gold. They are handling their relationship very well and now it is a different type of chemistry going.

My wife and I think Ryan and Esposito figured it out awhile ago and are not saying anything.

Shadow780

I love reading Caskett facial expressions, best part of the show.

Are they writing Molly out? She's just got legal and off to college and out of his life? :(

I know probably say this all the time but I so wish this show was more popular. It's so fantastic even five seasons in. It's probably the show I look forward to most every week. It's just fun, heartwarming, and the chemistry is still great between everyone.

Then again, maybe that's why the show should just keep chugging along and not get mega popular...that would probably ruin it somehow.

Nevermind...keep the status quo!

benjipwns

Banned
She's just got legal
She might wish to branch out a bit more, see if she can find movies and such. Her career arc is a bit different from the rest of the cast.

Like they said, she's only five miles away. I'm sure they can find some reasons on-campus to bring Castle and Beckett around.

Plus the Senator might want to give a speech to the young voters.

Shadow780

Molly dubbed Eve Brea?! My mind is blown.

oRqmA.jpg

My wife and I think Ryan and Esposito figured it out awhile ago and are not saying anything.

Yeah, my guess is Beckett and Castle are going to hype up a big reveal to telling them and be all nervous, and then both will go "Yeah, we already figured it out."

This is my first season and I didn't know the books were real lol. Thats cool.

I'm gonna be looking to see if there's a Eunice in the next book they release.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The 317 and breaking the doll were pretty obvious, but this was a good episode anyway. Lots of heart and some real fun moments. I'm glad this show continues to be great to watch. The characters really make it.

Medalion

Banned
The "case" was pretty cliche by their standards, right down to the Butler did it

And I hope they continue keeping their relationship a secret much longer, it keeps a certain illicit tension going on.

Honestly, I thought the relationship would be the downfall of the show. But these three episodes have been some of the best. Hope they can keep it up.

Medalion

Banned
I dunno how big the Caskett shipping was in the first couple of seasons but I think the show wasn't always about those two's sexual tension, if it was... that's a dangerous thing to rely on

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I dunno how big the Caskett shipping was in the first couple of seasons but I think the show wasn't always about those two's sexual tension, if it was... that's a dangerous thing to rely on

The sexual tension was always a thing, but the show was always strong enough to stand without it. The cast and mysteries tend to be strong and overarching themes and plot lines are also good. You make them platonic friends and the show still works, it just loses a bit of complexity.

Top Bottom