• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

"Found out" about this show a couple of days ago. Caught up, watched seasons 1-5 and at the current episode now. I'm glad there are no new episodes yet cause I can now finally study.

Oh and this show ruined my life. I will never be able to settle with a woman that isn't Stana. Oh and Fillion really got fat over the years, you can see his man-boobs.

Ruze789

I've been watching this on TNT all day, I've been wanting to check it out since Season1 but never managed to... Figured I'd give it a shot during the marathon and just watched it for 8 or 9 hours. It was all season4 though, now I need to o and watch it from the beginning.

My wife is quite insistent I have a mancrush on Fillion.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
"Found out" about this show a couple of days ago. Caught up, watched seasons 1-5 and at the current episode now. I'm glad there are no new episodes yet cause I can now finally study.

Oh and this show ruined my life. I will never be able to settle with a woman that isn't Stana. Oh and Fillion really got fat over the years, you can see his man-boobs.

They both got fat imo.

Shadow780

I've been watching this on TNT all day, I've been wanting to check it out since Season1 but never managed to... Figured I'd give it a shot during the marathon and just watched it for 8 or 9 hours. It was all season4 though, now I need to o and watch it from the beginning.

My wife is quite insistent I have a mancrush on Fillion.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

Seriously, who doesn't?

Stana gets better looking as the show progresses. I like her way better with the longer hair, by season 3 she's at her most attractive.

I don't know if it's because I've been watching too many procedurals or too much Castle, but I called the killer about halfway. As soon as the guy said he was interested in buying a kid's show, I said to myself "He's gonna be having a kid, and his partner killed him because he was going to shut down the business and the cash flow."

Still an enjoyable episode, though.

Medalion

Banned
Pretty good episode tonight, the Alexis stuff felt kinda forced though.

I will have an unpopular opinion, but I've always felt the Family stuff has always felt forced in this show... particularly lately with Alexis because she just randomly shows up to remind us all she's legal.

Decent episode I suppose. I am not sure I fully get the ending scene with Kate smiling after what Castle said about the Father doing anything for his Daughter... if there was anything to get, oh well

And I agree with a post above me... I felt Beckett looked some of her best during season 3/4 cuz she grew her hair out.

I will have an unpopular opinion, but I've always felt the Family stuff has always felt forced in this show... particularly lately with Alexis because she just randomly shows up to remind us all she's legal.

I like the Rick and Alexis parts a bunch. They get along so well and actually feel like family. There were several scenes over the seasons as I've been watching this (since it went to TNT) where I got hit right in the feels by Alexis scene awesomeness.

I don't know if it's because I've been watching too many procedurals or too much Castle, but I called the killer about halfway. As soon as the guy said he was interested in buying a kid's show, I said to myself "He's gonna be having a kid, and his partner killed him because he was going to shut down the business and the cash flow."

Still an enjoyable episode, though.

Jaha. Yeah this episode may've been particularly predictable though. My dad called it as soon as the partner showed up : "this guy killed him because the other wanted to stop". (Though he watches a ton of these kinda shows too.)

Medalion

Banned
Would it be bad to say that most people probably watch this show for the other stuff than the procedural stuff? The show ain't that clever.

Would it be bad to say that most people probably watch this show for the other stuff than the procedural stuff? The show ain't that clever.

Cast chemistry is clearly the draw of this show, and everyone knows it. The cases are just a means of having the characters interact until a long running story arc decides to pop back up.

It is the cast chemistry and interactions that get me watching. The mysteries are just the means to get them together and hear the crazy theories Castle has.

Hex

Banned
It is the cast chemistry and interactions that get me watching. The mysteries are just the means to get them together and hear the crazy theories Castle has.

This.
The chemistry is honestly I think some of the best in the genre in many many years.
Not just Castle and Beckett either, but Ryan and Espisito also and even the captain and Lanie.
The only irritating link is Alexis which I know most here will give a pass because she is cute, but she is tedious when she is on screen.
The mother, oddly enough works in small doses.

This.
The chemistry is honestly I think some of the best in the genre in many many years.
Not just Castle and Beckett either, but Ryan and Espisito also and even the captain and Lanie.
The only irritating link is Alexis which I know most here will give a pass because she is cute, but she is tedious when she is on screen.
The mother, oddly enough works in small doses.

Agreed. The relationship between Castle and Alexis is really good though, and why I like her character. The mother is funny in small doses though.

Joni

Am I that cynical or did anyone else think HRG actually orchestrated the attempt on his life himself just to place himself in a better position? I do hope they wrap up the storyline by the season finale, or that they at least reveal Castle's father to be the main kingmaker.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Almost finished the 3rd season. I love this show so much. Had seen random episodes on tv from time to time but never anything consistant. I can watch it all day and still want more

Concept17

Am I that cynical or did anyone else think HRG actually orchestrated the attempt on his life himself just to place himself in a better position? I do hope they wrap up the storyline by the season finale, or that they at least reveal Castle's father to be the main kingmaker.

Agreed. We need more episodes about Castle.

Agreed. We need more episodes about Castle.

I remember one episode where Castle talked about finding his friend's body as a kid washed ashore and then did a 180 and said he totally made that up. I think there's definitely some story potential to be mined about his own history.

rakhir

The explosion at the end in the most recent episode was so bad. The worst assasination attempt ever, that guy wasn't ever trying to kill HRG.
The only explanation that makes sense is that HRG plotted it himself, otherwise is laughable.

Other than that is was a fun episode. I would like them to make another episode about Castle and Beckett relationship, it's a little on the side right now and i liked the romantic comedy vibe that was in the first episodes of the season.

Medalion

Banned
I enjoy what they did with the relationship this season

They dealt with it, just to get it over with so they could continue what the show was about to begin with... solving mysteries, with a side of heart (figuratively and literally)

The explosion at the end in the most recent episode was so bad. The worst assasination attempt ever, that guy wasn't ever trying to kill HRG.
The only explanation that makes sense is that HRG plotted it himself, otherwise is laughable.

Other than that is was a fun episode. I would like them to make another episode about Castle and Beckett relationship, it's a little on the side right now and i liked the romantic comedy vibe that was in the first episodes of the season.

I agree. It made no sense, considering Beckett was so worried about civilian lives and it's...a car bomb? And he isn't even in the car when he sets it off? Just smells fishy overall, because usually Castle writers are better than that.

Ah well, still love HRG and glad he's recurring. Makes for a good Big Bad.

I agree. It made no sense, considering Beckett was so worried about civilian lives and it's...a car bomb? And he isn't even in the car when he sets it off? Just smells fishy overall, because usually Castle writers are better than that.

Ah well, still love HRG and glad he's recurring. Makes for a good Big Bad.

She struggled with the idea of saving him for half the episode but when it came down to directly saving him or not, her instincts kicked in and she saved him. It's a reflection on her having such a strong moral compass. They pretty much allude to that when Castle admits he wouldn't have done the same in her position.

But the whole blowing up the car before he's in it thing was poorly done. Though I think that's just because they couldn't think of a way to make her saving HRG truly Heroic without literally risking her life to save his. Having him get in, her run over and pull him out would've been even more silly in a "Why didn't he just blow it as soon as he got in?" kind of deal.

Top Bottom