• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

I loved this episode but this post is mostly about getting to the next page so I don't have to see that really creepy Sulu gif when I open the thread.

Lenardo

Banned
rofl.

so it aired.

decent case otw, liked the chemistry for the beckett castle scenes.

Loved how the Fed arc ended up, though with a caveat, i would have preferred her to quit instead of being let go/fired, although, she should have an oppurtunity to say something to her immediate boss when she goes to gather her stuff from the office-will we? doubt it.

next week Castle becomes...The Negotiator... and Beckett is unemployed.

oh tvguide.com has an interview with Stana about last night's episode.

My god someone gif Castle's face when they mention already casting the football coach.

this?
lIgJkGw.gif

anyway, at the start, i thought it would be nice if beckett actually wasn't on the episode. just have castle, esposito and ryan doing stuff. then she showed up and i thought, "how many more ways can they find to get DC and NYC together?"... well, not many, apparently.

Lenardo

Banned
fast? yes and no.

we skipped 2 months for the summer

what these past 3 episodes showed was- kate could run rings around the feds, yet the jobs didn't "fit" Kate that well. Valkyrie & Dreamworld showed that the AG office would let politically connected/important people "get away" with crimes.

this past episode showed that the AG office would abandon the case for "security" reasons. they didn't CARE about the victim, or who did it, they just cared that the cover had not been blown, they didn't want the police to question svetlana, until beckett pointed out that her following the victim Could have meant that the cover was blown, etc.

Fed job -as the writers portrayed it in these few cases- didn't fit/mesh well with kate's sense of justice, however she is a type A personality, she doesn't "fail" she doesn't quit so she stayed with the job. maybe she meant to be caught- subconsciously- so that she would get fired- getting fired- even if doing the job well- means.. she didn't fail/

Lenardo

Banned
OH from an interview on TVLine

the reason why Beckett cannot just get her old job back is:

the position was filled(by that new guy- sullivan) and currently there are no openings for a spot @the 12th precinct for a detective.

so next monday beckett has no job as of yet. it will be interesting, next weeks Case, Castle is the one working with the NYPD and KATE is the tag along.

rakhir

so next monday beckett has no job as of yet. it will be interesting, next weeks Case, Castle is the one working with the NYPD and KATE is the tag along.
Next month Ryan's in FBI, Kate in NYPD. In January Sully will take the FBI job, leaving the show forever, Ryan will be back in the precinct, Beckett will be a Captain, and Castle will be running for the New York Mayors office.

Somnia

Next month Ryan's in FBI, Kate in NYPD. In January Sully will take the FBI job, leaving the show forever, Ryan will be back in the precinct, Beckett will be a Captain, and Castle will be running for the New York Mayors office.

You left out the best part...

Pi will open a restaurant.

Skab

I fixed that for you.

Pi kills Alexis, and the case causes Castles mind to snap. He then turns into a riddler style serial killer that uses a fake name that Becket, Ryan, and Esposito try to catch, all the while Castle is still working with them and subtly sabotaging their investigation against him.

Feel free to hire me ABC.

Pi kills Alexis, and the case causes Castles mind to snap. He then turns into a riddler style serial killer that uses a fake name that Becket, Ryan, and Esposito try to catch, all the while Castle is still working with them and subtly sabotaging their investigation against him.

Oh wow.

rakhir

Well, it's at least not as terrible as Bones super villian Palant from the latest seasons.

I always imagined that in the Red Universe, Castle is Beckett's ultimate rival, a serial killer who is always just 1 step ahead of the NYPD.

Why did they go to all the trouble of investigating all of that shit when they had security footage of some suspect dude entering the victim's apartment ?

Why did they go to all the trouble of investigating all of that shit when they had security footage of some suspect dude entering the victim's apartment ?

Late discovery most likely. Remember that for the majority of the episode it seemed pretty open and shut from her actions and the evidence in the room. Unlike most episodes that take place over a few days, this entire investigation was only a few hours at most.

Late discovery most likely. Remember that for the majority of the episode it seemed pretty open and shut from her actions and the evidence in the room. Unlike most episodes that take place over a few days, this entire investigation was only a few hours at most.

I guess, but I still think it's pretty lame to have such late-arriving obvious evidence that magically confirms everything. It just came out of nowhere. It wasn't earned.

For me, I think the law of diminishing returns is starting to weigh on me. We are four episodes in and my interest in this show is starting to fade. Everything is just... the same. I guess it's better than the way some other shows have dropped in quality, but after six seasons, the consistent quality of Castle is losing some of its value.

I'll keep watching for the meantime, but I could very well drop out sooner rather than later.

Lenardo

Banned
Remember until they found out about him stealing the file, the case was basically focused on Emma, then they had to go to the apt, which had not been trashed, then after the interview, they pulled the video to see if so someone had gone to the apt, so not that contrived.

Imo the best episode this season, though pi has to go!

I guess, but I still think it's pretty lame to have such late-arriving obvious evidence that magically confirms everything. It just came out of nowhere. It wasn't earned.

For me, I think the law of diminishing returns is starting to weigh on me. We are four episodes in and my interest in this show is starting to fade. Everything is just... the same. I guess it's better than the way some other shows have dropped in quality, but after six seasons, the consistent quality of Castle is losing some of its value.

I'll keep watching for the meantime, but I could very well drop out sooner rather than later.

Need a dose of 3XK up in here.

Lenardo

Banned
just a fyi viewership wise, castle beat blacklist this week.

last week castle was #20 on the nielsons as well.(blacklist was 14th ~500k viewers higher)

viewership stays steady and season 7 will be a lock.

Joni

viewership stays steady and season 7 will be a lock.
Yeah, but only because it is packed in the middle. ABC has about 6-7 shows that are hits that you can renew now already and 6-7 that are likely to be cancelled. Castle is somewhere in the middle between those groups.

The ratings are good enough that I think it is safe. Add in the fact that it was recently sold into syndication, and ABC owns the show, and they collect even more money off it now.

Lenardo

Banned
Yeah, but only because it is packed in the middle. ABC has about 6-7 shows that are hits that you can renew now already and 6-7 that are likely to be cancelled. Castle is somewhere in the middle between those groups.

Castle's demo is usually 2.2 which is middle of the pack, however, it is usually the 3rd highest viewing audience on ABC behind dancing with the stars and modern family -overall viewership it is doing higher than shield in the important L+7 it is 4th on abc..

plus it is raking in the bucks

Books, Syndication and 3+ million an episode in advertising

Castle's demo is usually 2.2 which is middle of the pack, however, it is usually the 3rd highest viewing audience on ABC behind dancing with the stars and modern family -overall viewership it is doing higher than shield in the important L+7 it is 4th on abc..

plus it is raking in the bucks

Books, Syndication and 3+ million an episode in advertising

Totally forgot about the revenue pulled in by books.

Lenardo

Banned
Deadly Heat debuted at #8 on the NYTimes best seller list, so the books are selling well, granted it spent only one week there in the top 25 combined & 2 weeks on the print list....

Dec

Uhh.

The new episode was kind of crazy. Can anyone spot:
The difference in the letter at the end?

Oh my god I see it. She spills the coffee on it, it shows the letter, she puts a paper over it to dry it off and when she takes the paper back off some of the words and details change.

"I'm a junior at P.S. 370" changes to: I'm a junior at P.S. 311

Uhh.

Oh my god I see it. She spills the coffee on it, it shows the letter, she puts a paper over it to dry it off and when she takes the paper back off some of the words and details change.

I don't think it was that, just that
the picture they had of the letter already had the coffee stain she just made on it.

Lenardo

Banned
i loved how they did the whole time thing. was "simon" nuts or was he from the future. he certainly knew some things that might come true- it seems like the engagement is not widely known as of yet.

the dry coffee stain on the letter is 95% identical with the WET coffee stain- dried it might change a bit almost all of the stain is exactly the same, there is a bit of wet over one word that when drym the stain might not show as strongly-

we all know that the letter -should- be exactly the same stained or not, if i was filming this and wanted the letter to match i would film THAT scene first-her spilling the coffee, then dry the coffee stain & take a picture, then use that picture for the rest of the episode, so that it matches "at the end" when beckett spills the coffee on it in the first place.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in !

That episode was great. Castle's line at the beginning:
"this just became my favorite case"
made me crack up ! Haha. :)

Gothos

God, wasn't that a brilliant episode? :D Of course it was! I LOVE when they go into this mythos territory and I think it was the first time ever when they actually never offered us a plausible explaination that all of it wasn't true. Absolutely loved it!

God I loved this episode. The best part is that they actually left it as more plausible than not that the guys were actually from the future. Masterfully done. Might be my favorite episode ever. When Castle realized that for once his crackpot supernatural theory was actually true and was weirded out for it.... just great.

Yeah. One of the best episodes. And some good sci fi/nerd cameos.
Morgan Grimes from Chuck
Tuvoc from Voyager
The tank guy from Space: Above and Beyond

I lost my DS charger and was finally forced to watch TV in the hotel room I was staying in. This came on, and mysteries intrigue me, so I watched a few episodes. Man I thought it was mostly cringe-worthy, it actually almost taught me how to write a plot for a show, because to me it was so "thrown-together". I figured only grandmas and similar types watched it. Had no idea there would be a 30-page GAF thread for this.

Not trying to trash it for anyone who loves the show, but I had to share my honest experience. But I don't watch TV so what do I know (no sarcasm)

Dec

The time travel is real. I can't see any way it isn't. The stain, the details on the letter changing in the split second she covers it.

Great episode these are almost always the best. This and the Big Foot episode are some of my favorites.
So glad they left it plausible or even true this time

Castle is probably my favorite character ever from a tv show.

I lost my DS charger and was finally forced to watch TV in the hotel room I was staying in. This came on, and mysteries intrigue me, so I watched a few episodes. Man I thought it was mostly cringe-worthy, it actually almost taught me how to write a plot for a show, because to me it was so "thrown-together". I figured only grandmas and similar types watched it. Had no idea there would be a 30-page GAF thread for this.

Not trying to trash it for anyone who loves the show, but I had to share my honest experience. But I don't watch TV so what do I know (no sarcasm)

It is light, fun entertainment. It isnt going to win any awards, and I know that. I just want to be entertained for an hour every so often.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
God I loved this episode. The best part is that they actually left it as more plausible than not that the guys were actually from the future. Masterfully done. Might be my favorite episode ever. When Castle realized that for once his crackpot supernatural theory was actually true and was weirded out for it.... just great.

That moment made my night. He had to get one right eventually and it turns out to be the craziest.

Slermy

Uhh.

"I'm a junior at P.S. 370" changes to: I'm a junior at P.S. 311

Holy shit, just finished watching it on Hulu, and pausing it does show that it indeed
changes
!

Top Bottom