• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

They didn't explain how the fraud guy was pulling his stuff in front of his "students". Probably with magnets, but still, I would have liked to see some closure.

The very last line of the episode suggests that the kid actually WAS telekinetic, and was just lying about the magnets and stuff. Beckett says something along the lines of "They searched the kid's house, and they didn't find any of the stuff he claimed he used to set up the tricks."

Dec

Pretty disappointing episode considering how promising it seemed.

Couples having a "song" has also always been really dumb.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The very last line of the episode suggests that the kid actually WAS telekinetic, and was just lying about the magnets and stuff. Beckett says something along the lines of "They searched the kid's house, and they didn't find any of the stuff he claimed he used to set up the tricks."
They always do that with the pseudo-science/paranormal-themed episode. It's frankly silly, and borderline annoying, but what are you gonna do.

lol @ Caskett, brilliant

I'm talking about the indian-looking dude who was housing Jordan. He was obviously a fraud.

They always do that with the pseudo-science/paranormal-themed episode.

They really don't. Before this season they always had a hard science explanation with no ambiguity by the end of the episode.

This season, there have been two instances where they hinted that there was something supernatural going on, with the time travel and with this latest episode. The one last night was ambiguous, and the time travel one basically confirmed that he definitely was from the future.

I'm talking about the indian-looking dude who was housing Jordan. He was obviously a fraud.

True, I forgot about that guy.

DBT85

I have no issue with them leaving things like that. It brings you into Castles world of believing in that kind of stuff, where he is there from the beginning.

Dec

I have no issue with them leaving things like that. It brings you into Castles world of believing in that kind of stuff, where he is there from the beginning.

I like it because I like Castle, this season and previous seasons. If they confirm 100% that these supernatural things are real I could see the actual tone of the show shifting.

Though I can't actually see how the time travel wasn't legit. The letter clearly changes at the end of the show in a way that really cannot be explained.

DBT85

I like it because I like Castle, this season and previous seasons. If they confirm 100% that these supernatural things are real I could see the actual tone of the show shifting.

Though I can't actually see how the time travel wasn't legit. The letter clearly changes at the end of the show in a way that really cannot be explained.

I don't think they need to confirm anything though. The time travel thing can be real, and they never have to mention it again. The show and story can remain grounded in reality for the most part, with little oddities thrown in, because just toying with Castle and his desire for all of these things to be real.

Joni

I think it is just Kate teasing Castle. It wasn't real, but she loves him so much she gives him his little pleasures.

Dec

I don't think they need to confirm anything though. The time travel thing can be real, and they never have to mention it again. The show and story can remain grounded in reality for the most part, with little oddities thrown in, because just toying with Castle and his desire for all of these things to be real.

That's what I was saying. They leave these things unanswered so the show can continue unchanged. While these episodes are fun, I like Castle already and don't really want it to continue down a road where time travel and telekinesis are themes that are revisited. I'm happy they treat these episodes as they do, just quirky fun episodes.

Lenardo

Banned
loved the episode monday. was sweet, didn't mind the telekinesis bit at all. not quite sure on the song but overall good "fan service" for the fans.

2 other tidbits i have heard bouncing around the blogosphere/fansites.

unofficial word from cast & crew has Castle @23 episodes this year not 22.

ALSO, rumors are that negotiations are well underway to extend/renew/sign nathan and stana for an additional 2 years beyond year 7 ...

Castle has been Nathan's longest "steady paying" job ever.

Lenardo

Banned
Good story last week. liked how beckett was going nuts in fustration and castle was loving it, i honestly thought this might be the "you do know i'll have to get you back" for his birthday last year(100th episode the lives of others)....

spoiler- upcoming Episode titles- brief synopsis on the next episode....

episode 17- Title in the belly of the beast- beckett goes undercover for a quick- easy- in and out for narcotics...needless to say...plans they do go awry....

Episode 18 The Way of the Ninja.

Episode 19 The Greater Good

Episode 20 That 70's Show

Lenardo

Banned
awesome episode, though imo it could be a red herring, everyone THINKS its bracken.

lazarus ..

the diseased beggar in the parable of the beggar and the rich man
the other definition is the brother of mary and martha that JC raised from the dead...

neither of those definitions FIT bracken.

the latter definition would fit 3xk..............since 3xk is "dead"

3xk likes to torture the victim,. the anticipation, etc. 3xk bugged castles house for months, etc he would know all about beckett and bracken, what better "mind torture" would it be for kate to THINK it is all bracken and they are "even" now...

RangersFan

great episode. glad to see bracken back in the fold. it's been a while since we had a core story line episode. i think we all called bracken being lazerus.

Awesome ep. Enjoyed it the whole way through. When Castle had an idea right before the interrogation scene to out the Ninja I was thinking "man this is going to come across as profiling" and sure enough they had the character go there. haha.

RangersFan

Awesome ep. Enjoyed it the whole way through. When Castle had an idea right before the interrogation scene to out the Ninja I was thinking "man this is going to come across as profiling" and sure enough they had the character go there. haha.

lol that was the best part. "I'm Korean, way to racially profile." Castle's face after that lololol.

Kind of a lame episode tonight. They even cut out some of the stuff from the preview they showed last week that almost seemed interesting. Meh.

What's going on with this show? I could have sworn that the preview at the end of the most recent episode said "In two weeks...." and it's been over four now.

Dec

The actual mysteries are getting boring.

Ya for sure.

He went to a night club and got killed. The end. The only person that knew where he went had plans for revenge and drew the plot out. Not much of a mystery but still pretty entertaining.

The themed eps aren't supposed to be enthralling mysteries. They're just fun little adventure episodes. There are still good mysteries being done this season like Disciple, Time will Tell, and Room 147.

Dec

The themed eps aren't supposed to be enthralling mysteries. They're just fun little adventure episodes. There are still good mysteries being done this season like Disciple, Time will Tell, and Room 147.

Ideally they would be both. Also made a point to say they are fun to watch despite this.

Shadow780

Kate in DAT tie & blazer and plays strip poker?

skJuV1Yl.png

Top Bottom