• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

A hot woman in a tie and blazer usually does it for me, but it didn't this episode. It looked like a cross between a suit and a horse riding outfit. It just didn't work for me.

benjipwns

Banned
Castle's buying it for her. Like the cappuccino maker for the station.

Speaking of season one and wardrobes. Saw a bit of an old episode on TNT and realized that Ryan and Esposito have swapped how they dress.

DBT85

Why has this thread no gifs of Lanie!!

Damn

This was the best I can find :(

tumblr_n4eyntPsSp1qdvep5o1_500.gif

And for good measure

tumblr_n4esneGgRs1r9dm6no1_250.gif

Serra

I just watched the very first episode of the first season of this show.

My thoughts:
-Nathan Fillion carried the episode. Pretty much everyone else was terrible (I did like the daughter, the judge and the captain)
-Detective Beckett is hot but wears seriously unflattering clothes. Im not saying she should be sexed up or anything but goddamn those are some ugly ass clothes.
-Dramatic scenes were really bad, like the one where Castle analyzed why Beckett became a detective. It was cringe worthy.

Overall I did enjoy it, but I really really hope the supporting cast gets better. Im gonna watch a few more episodes to see what happens and if I should continue.

My thoughts:
-Nathan Fillion carried the episode. Pretty much everyone else was terrible (I did like the daughter, the judge and the captain)
-Detective Beckett is hot but wears seriously unflattering clothes. Im not saying she should be sexed up or anything but goddamn those are some ugly ass clothes.
-Dramatic scenes were really bad, like the one where Castle analyzed why Beckett became a detective. It was cringe worthy.

Overall I did enjoy it, but I really really hope the supporting cast gets better. Im gonna watch a few more episodes to see what happens and if I should continue.

After awhile the show becomes more about the cast than anything else, so you'll learn to love the cast, they really come into their own, and THAT'S what carries the show.

God, Stana is so hot.

My thoughts:

Her clothes get a lot better. And the cast make the show so fun.

styl3s

After awhile the show becomes more about the cast than anything else, so you'll learn to love the cast, they really come into their own, and THAT'S what carries the show.
I would of agreed with this a few seasons ago but they could write off Ryan and Esposito at this point and i really wouldn't give a shit.

The only thing they have done that was memorable in the past couple of seasons was the 70s bit that lasted what? 2 minutes? Was funny the first time you see them and then it's like oh, ok.. These characters could literally be replaced by 2 new people and it wouldn't effect the show at all to me.

I would of agreed with this a few seasons ago but they could write off Ryan and Esposito at this point and i really wouldn't give a shit.

The only thing they have done that was memorable in the past couple of seasons was the 70s bit that lasted what? 2 minutes? Was funny the first time you see them and then it's like oh, ok.. These characters could literally be replaced by 2 new people and it wouldn't effect the show at all to me.

I kind of agree with this. They tried with the trapped-in-a-burning-building thing, but that kind of fell flat.

Didn't Esposito at one point adopt some teenage kid or something? That ended up never getting mentioned again. Ryan got married and had a kid, yawn. The Esposito/Lanie thing was at least sort of interesting, but then they dropped that too.

Giving the characters something different to do would be nice. Maybe nix the police chief lady and unexpectedly promote one of the dynamic duo to boss status or something. Or just make that a temporary plot. Anything.

That documentary episode with the band was fantastic too.

Joni

I think I finally understand my problem with the season, why it is just doesn't feel that exciting. Season 5 had Bracken, 3XK, Murder He Wrote; the Rear Window episode and the Alexis kidnapping mixed in with the spoofs like the scifii convention.

Ceebs

I think I finally understand my problem with the season, why it is just doesn't feel that exciting. Season 5 had Bracken, 3XK, Murder He Wrote; the Rear Window episode and the Alexis kidnapping mixed in with the spoofs like the scifii convention.

I thought the first half of this season was a bit to heavy on the serious episodes personally. The later half has been more fun.

My wife really doesn't give a crap about the Bracken stuff. She just wants the Mama Beckett stuff resolved so they can move on. She prefers the one off episodes usually, and lately I agree. This season has been very strong for those. Particularly the time travel one, which might be my all time favorite episode of this.

My wife really doesn't give a crap about the Bracken stuff. She just wants the Mama Beckett stuff resolved so they can move on. She prefers the one off episodes usually, and lately I agree. This season has been very strong for those. Particularly the time travel one, which might be my all time favorite episode of this.

Same. I was disappointed to see that they brought that plot back this season with the undercover episode. The ending of season 4 was so perfect, with Beckett leaving all of the mystery behind and moving on with her life. The writers had to ruin that.

On the topic of Beckett, Stana Katic is hot for sure, but she's too skinny.

I wish there could be some intersection between some of the overarching plots.

For example, this would have been the perfect opportunity for Castle's dad to help them out. Make it a two-parter and you're golden.

This was a good episode, but the last 15 minutes were really rushed. Really it should've been a 2-parter anyway.

RangersFan

Hmm, that did not feel like an ending to the main overall bracken storyline. What other main story lines are left? Castles spy dad, what else?

Shadow780

Long arc rarely really pay off don't they? That was a pretty lame conclusion to her mother's plot.

But I do really enjoy the color palette they used in this episode, gave it a great atmosphere.

Long arc rarely really pay off don't they? That was a pretty lame conclusion to her mother's plot.
When one of your main characters says the following line, "I can't just sit back while my mother's murderer becomes President of the United States", you know that your long arc has gone a little too long.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I randomly watched last night's episode by accident - it was my first ever episode. I thought this show was a silly procedural... I had no idea there were conspiracies and whatnot. lol

I randomly watched last night's episode by accident - it was my first ever episode. I thought this show was a silly procedural... I had no idea there were conspiracies and whatnot. lol
It's usually a silly procedural. They just do the occasional conspiracy for sweeps.

By Castle panicking and just ripping random wires out while his eyes were shut.

And that is the Castle I like.

I am so glad that the Bracken plot was resolved. And I hope it stays this way.

You know what else I hope ? That the writers save the 3xK storyline for the eventual closure movie. That would be rad.

You know what else I hope ? That the writers save the 3xK storyline for the eventual closure movie. That would be rad.

If they have a closure movie then IMO it ought to be just balls to the wall, unapologetic sci fi craziness. Like, have them traveling through time or something. Or alternate dimensions. Have cameos by actual Firefly characters. All the serious plots should be wrapped up nicely by that point so they can just go insane for the ending.

That's just my take though.

Ceebs

Kinda glad they went with the big dramatic episode as the 2nd to last, so the finale can be a goofy silly episode.

I have a few theories
has to who may be responsible for Castle being run off the road/his car being set on fire. First being 3XK as he is still alive and setting the car on fire seems like something he would do to destroy evidence. Two being the Senator who was running for President and this is his way to get back at Beckett for arresting him for the murder of her mother. Three Castle's father got involved in something he shouldn't have which has led to Castle now being kidnapped.

Lenardo

Banned
hated the end.

current theory, 3xk torturing Beckett and castle, fake castle body in car, only Kate thinks that the body is not castle" s, blah blah

All that said, I will watch next year, provided they fix the show, and spices it up with the romance/flirty bits like seasons 1-4

WTF at that ending. We know he isn't dead. The show isn't called Castle for nothing. Just feels like false drama. Outside of that moment, the episode was great. Just silly and fun.

Top Bottom