• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

All I know is that I want to see more of Eddie McLintock and Nathan Fillion working together. There is a lot of untapped awesome there.

Wait, seriously? I love Eddie McClintock on Warehouse 13, had no idea he was going to be guest starring. Need to catch this episode as soon as possible now.

This is the first time i've seen this thread so i'll jump in and ask did the show jump the shark or is it just me?

I wouldnt say it jumped the shark just yet, Fletcher, but it has come close. Once Castle's dad becomes involved in the conspiracy that resulted in Beckett's mom's death, the shark will have been jumped. Well, he might have, and I am too tired to remember.

Wait, seriously? I love Eddie McClintock on Warehouse 13, had no idea he was going to be guest starring. Need to catch this episode as soon as possible now.

Fillion and McClintock were live tweeting the finale together. Fillion even posted some videos of McClintock arguing with him while they watched.

Yeah, these two MUST work together again.

Ceebs

WTF at that ending. We know he isn't dead. The show isn't called Castle for nothing. Just feels like false drama. Outside of that moment, the episode was great. Just silly and fun.

Yep. Cliffhanger for the sake of cliffhanger that has zero suspense to it.

I liked the episode other than that.

I assume it has something to do with
Castle's father so he can be involved with the wedding somehow.

But agree with everyone else. Hate cliffhangers for cliffhanger sake.

Zomba13

Fuck that shitty ending. The episode was great up until that point. It did not need a cliffhanger.

Yeah. You could tell something bad was going to happen when it cut to Castle in the car. That angle, in a car is always bad news. I expected a car crash, truck or something coming full steam at a cross section. Guess he was kidnapped by 3XK or someone who wants his Dad.

Volimar

Yeah. You could tell something bad was going to happen when it cut to Castle in the car. That angle, in a car is always bad news. I expected a car crash, truck or something coming full steam at a cross section. Guess he was kidnapped by 3XK or someone who wants his Dad.

My guess as well.

Lenardo

Banned
Or...

they are going Misery on castle- for those that do not know famous author gets in a car crash and is "rescued" by a fan.....

Volimar

Or...

they are going Misery on castle- for those that do not know famous author gets in a car crash and is "rescued" by a fan.....

Considering how the show is known for taking years old pop culture for inspiration, I'd not be surprised.

The episode was goofy as hell, but I still liked it. Cliffhanger fell flat on me. I don't really care how they wrap it up. It didn't have an affect on my anticipation level for the next season at all.

I will say:

ibxEgIYoTjHox3.jpg

That was the best joke in the episode. I laughed a lot. :)

Cliffhanger was bizarre and out of place considering the rest of the episode, yeah. As for the lack of tension, cliffhangers rarely (actually pretty much never) have any real tension in any TV drama, so I can't be mad at a crime procedural for having them occasionally.

Other than the ending, fun episode

Jintor

I just started watching 1x01 and consider me a fan already! Likable characters + Nathan's raw charisma + pretty good sets and budget + Nathan's raw charisma + uh... wooden plot, but hey, the jokes are good. So yeah, I'mma keep at it.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I just started watching 1x01 and consider me a fan already! Likable characters + Nathan's raw charisma + pretty good sets and budget + Nathan's raw charisma + uh... wooden plot, but hey, the jokes are good. So yeah, I'mma keep at it.

You wouldn't regret it. :)

jvm

Gamasutra.
The best joke of the whole episode was after watching Castle's flaming car, Beckett's horrified look, and the credits started rolling -- and the ABC announcer says "Castle and Beckett will be back next season for MORE mysteries!"

My wife looked at me and said "well, I guess he's alive after all!"

I mean, sure, we all know he isn't dead, but they didn't even care enough about it to carry on the pretense through the credits.

All I know is that I want to see more of Eddie McLintock and Nathan Fillion working together. There is a lot of untapped awesome there.

New twist on an old favorite casting... Uncharted movie with Eddie as Drake and Fillion as a younger Sully (just give him a touch of grey).

I liked the ep and definitely saw the ending coming right when it was revealed that Castle was on the way to the wedding as opposed to being there. I don't think it was awful or a "bad cliffhanger because we all known he's alive." The idea here isn't to fool us into thinking he's dead, it's for us feel bad for Kate because SHE thinks he's dead.

bryanee

Why couldn't they just have a nice happy wedding ending? Nope let do this to be continued bollocks.

Ruined an awesome episode.

That ending was pure bullshit. Beyond artificially stretching out the romance, it's fucking stupid for most mainstream shows to pull this shit, particularly with main characters, because you know they're not going to die. That's no drama to it. But given the incredibly poor surprise husband plotline coming out of left field for no reason without any setup and neatly resolving in the same episode, I'm not surprised.

The show feels like it's losing it's mojo as the cases become less interesting and take a back seat to character stuff.

Somnia

That ending was pure bullshit. Beyond artificially stretching out the romance, it's fucking stupid for most mainstream shows to pull this shit, particularly with main characters, because you know they're not going to die. That's no drama to it. But given the incredibly poor surprise husband plotline coming out of left field for no reason without any setup and neatly resolving in the same episode, I'm not surprised.

The show feels like it's losing it's mojo as the cases become less interesting and take a back seat to character stuff.

I have yet to watch the last 4 episodes, just no real desire to. This show has lost something this season, no idea what, but it's preventing me from even wanting to come back right now.

The ending leaves a bad taste for sure, but I don't think the show is any different than it ever was. At its core it's still a procedural crime show, and that genre is rife with main characters becoming imperiled during a cliffhanger. It has other qualities that make it worth watching, but let's not forget what the show really is. For me, I accept it.

The best joke of the whole episode was after watching Castle's flaming car, Beckett's horrified look, and the credits started rolling -- and the ABC announcer says "Castle and Beckett will be back next season for MORE mysteries!"

My wife looked at me and said "well, I guess he's alive after all!"

I mean, sure, we all know he isn't dead, but they didn't even care enough about it to carry on the pretense through the credits.

My favorite subversion of this was the Grimm season two finale.

Lenardo

Banned
PREorder went up for the season 6 dvd..

it includes a deleted scene from season 4's finale (always)
rumor/speculation has it being the actual END of the shut the front door scene that got cut...another ~10-20 or so seconds AFTER they start walking to the bedroom- the scene they showed at a seminar that was never shown before or since but that most fans Want to see.

PREorder went up for the season 6 dvd..

it includes a deleted scene from season 4's finale (always)
rumor/speculation has it being the actual END of the shut the front door scene that got cut...another ~10-20 or so seconds AFTER they start walking to the bedroom- the scene they showed at a seminar that was never shown before or since but that most fans Want to see.

I don't think that would have made the ending better. It was already as good as was going to be.

benjipwns

Banned
http://store.steampowered.com/app/301740/
Castle: Never Judge a Book by its Cover is an investigative adventure game that will immerse casual players into the thrilling exploits of famous mystery novelist Richard Castle and Detective Kate Beckett. Over the span of five chapters the player will be tasked with finding evidence, tracking down suspects, and uncovering the truth behind the copycat killer responsible for staging murder scenes depicted in his novels.

ss_5bd6cd377a654e742146870d0daac20818675196.600x338.jpg

ss_4d146c9bfc2d58793405a7be31d4318ee852a920.600x338.jpg

ss_060185784d4940e72d6a6730005b9cef449b4a25.600x338.jpg

Conan-san

Saw the finalé and, yeah you can practically pin point the moment they were like "OK guys, let's put this one out to sea and set it on fire", the moment ABC were like "We're renewing for season 7!" and they were frantically running for the fire extinguishers in this somewhat tortured metaphor.

Saw something earlier suggesting
Castle might actually not be in season 7 and it would be the final season(yeah right)
As much as I love the show(one of my favorites on tv)
the reactions would be incredible, fastest rating drop in history

Saw something earlier suggesting
Castle might actually not be in season 7 and it would be the final season(yeah right)
As much as I love the show(one of my favorites on tv)
the reactions would be incredible, fastest rating drop in history

LOL, what? Where did you here that, because it is hilarious.

LOL, what? Where did you here that, because it is hilarious.
I will try to find it again, it was mainly talking about the new showrunner but made a big deal about the Fillion drama from way back.

Didn't really bring it up in that I believed it myself just that it is hilarious that someone could potentially believe it and make a full article on it.

Top Bottom