• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle |OT| It is okay to have a man-crush on Nathan Fillion

I will try to find it again, it was mainly talking about the new showrunner but made a big deal about the Fillion drama from way back.

Didn't really bring it up in that I believed it myself just that it is hilarious that someone could potentially believe it and make a full article on it.

There was Fillion drama?

Moozo

The fact he doesn't even keep in shape for the role probably tells you how he feels about it. Looks like a different bloke when you watch the first season again

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The fact he doesn't even keep in shape for the role probably tells you how he feels about it. Looks like a different bloke when you watch the first season again

It's like that for a lot of actors though. Look at Psych, James Roday put on weight as the series went on. There's a bunch of reasons why he might have put weight on, simply putting it down to "he doesn't care about the roll" takes away from whatever hard work he does.

He wants a four day work week. Production was even shut down once last summer because he didn't show up to help discussions. We don't know how it was solved.

Shit, who doesn't want a four day work week?

Joni

Doesn't he start gaining weight around the time he had his foot surgery? He also has a terrible knee due to an old injuy.

Lenardo

Banned
he gained the weight late season 4 to 5 due to an injury and was not able to do his normal routine and has lost weight since..

since then the way he looks is ENTIRELY the fault of how Luke the costume designer dresses Nathan,

the layered suit and tie look just makes him look frumpy and since he is fairly large anyway 6-2ish...the layered look makes him appear probably 40lbs heavier...

look up the may 2014 comicon, see how he is dressed, he LOOKS a lot thinner than what we see on Castle.

and no chance of no castle this fall. marlowe got removed/voluntarily got removed so they didn't force it. and now the new guy gets to present "his" vision of Castle next season

will it be better than what we got LAST season? not a clue. however it i hope it won't be be WORSE than how last season ended.

marlowe stated in interviews that he knew that the finale would lose fans. and he wanted to take beckett down a few pegs. i HATED the beckett one and done thing..hated it. 30 seconds, 5 lines of dialogue and the one and done would be intact AND...she still would have to get divorced.

he gained the weight late season 4 to 5 due to an injury and was not able to do his normal routine and has lost weight since..

since then the way he looks is ENTIRELY the fault of how Luke the costume designer dresses Nathan,

the layered suit and tie look just makes him look frumpy and since he is fairly large anyway 6-2ish...the layered look makes him appear probably 40lbs heavier...

look up the may 2014 comicon, see how he is dressed, he LOOKS a lot thinner than what we see on Castle.

and no chance of no castle this fall. marlowe got removed/voluntarily got removed so they didn't force it. and now the new guy gets to present "his" vision of Castle next season

will it be better than what we got LAST season? not a clue. however it i hope it won't be be WORSE than how last season ended.

marlowe stated in interviews that he knew that the finale would lose fans. and he wanted to take beckett down a few pegs. i HATED the beckett one and done thing..hated it. 30 seconds, 5 lines of dialogue and the one and done would be intact AND...she still would have to get divorced.

I have to ask again...

Do you work on the show?

Is the showrunner being replaced from the beginning or did he come in a little later?

Lenardo

Banned
Marlowe is the creator of Castle. He has been the showrunner since the pilot. Amann-the guy taking over had been a writer/producer on castle since season 3

And no unfortunately I am just a fan... A pathetic fan

Lenardo

Banned
SEASON 1 episode 2 - nanny mcdead- script section- i looked it up just now- origin of the one and done beckett never being married statement:

16:15, EXT. PARK - DAY]
The playground: ground zero for the Manhattan nanny. Kids on swings, sandboxes, etc.

BECKETT
Doorman told Esposito that this is the playground that all the nannies for the building go to, so hopefully we find Chloe here.

CASTLE That brings me back a bit.

BECKETT A bit? I’m thinking it’s a little more than that, Castle.

CASTLE I'm not talking about when I was a kid. I'm talking about when I used to take my daughter to the park.

BECKETT You used to take your daughter to the park?

CASTLE (scoffs)Spring, summer, fall. We were here every day. Alexis’s mom was doing community theater. She was on the road a lot, so I had custody. What?

BECKETT Nothing. I just never figured you for Mr. Mom.
CASTLE Some of the best days of my life.
BECKETT It's actually kind of nice.
CASTLE Yeah, tell me about it. Do you know how many lonely single mothers there are on a Manhattan playground? And there I was between marriages.
BECKETT Exactly how many times have you been married, Castle?
CASTLE Twice.
BECKETT That’s it?
CASTLE Isn’t that enough? How ‘bout you?
BECKETT Me? No. Never been.
CASTLE Really?
BECKETT Yep.
CASTLE You’d be good at it. You’re both controlling and disapproving. You should really try it.
BECKETT I’m not an “if at first you don’t succeed” kind of a girl, Castle. When it comes to marriage, I’m more of a "one and done" type.

there are the script quotes.

throughout the ENTIRE series, beckett has stated a few times, never been married, hell a few episodes before the finale she mentions it as well....

she also dated -5 guys(we know of definately) during the series/just prior to series..

1- sorenson-broke up about a year or so before series began.
2 - demming season 2
3- brad dekker (one date during the 3rd man- castle being on eligible bachlor list episode- season 3
4- dr motorcycle boy - josh - season 3
5- castle end season 4 thru present

now come to find out..she was cheating on her husband.....

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Well, she didn't consider that Vegas marriage to be legit, it didn't count at all for her. I don't think that's really an inconsistency, though I agree the Vegas thing was a very silly retcon.

Lenardo

Banned
it was a stupid plot line for the episode by marlowe and has other repercussions about beckett that destroys her ethically.

think about it she was PRE-LAW- she was either blitzed out of her mind or the1 hrs of paperwork to get married would have meant something.
then there is the other ramifications of this to her character(shit that should have occurred to people writing the damn episode)

1- she has NEVER had a background check? Hello if the clerk can just find it in 5 SECONDS, the police, the FBI never found it?

2- if she was married, then she has been a serial adulterer for her adult LIFE..(19-34)

Will, Josh, Demming, Brad(one date) Castle- any other people she dated from ages 19-~29 (figure this is around when will came into the picture- they dated for 6 months)

5 lines of dialogue in the scene with Rick's Lawyer one of which is a changed line that beckett says = not married, her reputation and ethics intact AND she still would have to get a Damn Divorce....

@the lawyer's she says she remembers going to vegas- change that to say, i never went to vegas, how could i have gotten married there?

new line lawyer: it says here that you got married january 13th 1999 (a date which is would be essentially IMPOSSIBLE to have gotten married there- 4 days AFTER her mothers murder) or it could be the day before or after or etc, just that "week"

Beckett- that is impossible i was in NY then (if just before mom's murder) or that is impossible my Mom was killed on january 9th, i was in NY! she looks relieved at rick "someone used my Identity, i've never been Married?!"

lawyer: I See, --a pause as he thinks, be that as it may, it says here that you married rogan on (date) it is your name there, so unless you want to spend the next 6-12 months it will take to annul that marriage, the easiest way to be able to marry rick in 3 days is to get Rogan to sign this no fault divorce and get it filed asap.

beckett- rolling eyes & snatching paperwork, fine, i'll go get a divorce.

that "dialogue" would have appeased all of the fans that hated that storyline (me included, i despised it as is). she still would have had the rogan adventure and she STILL would have to get a divorce, without actually ever being married to the guy.

well at least we know something will change this Fall episode wise, New Guy has to put his "take" on the relationship and he has done some good ones,

personally i'd like to see a reversion a bit back to season's 2-3 style of episode, just with a bit more "love" between rick and kate, playful flirty banter at the precinct, when they do there "i know who did it" style of foreplay, have one or the other, lean in and whisper, wait til i get you home tonite my love...

a good "home" scene or two per episode with them being a loving couple, kissing, being in bed "naked" etc. stuff like that.

Lenardo

Banned
mountain? not really, it's just it was

unnecessary.

an added complication that was there JUST to take her down a few pegs (marlowe's words not mine)

that is what has most fans upset, not that it was done (and frankly it could have been done BETTER) but that the only reason it was there in the first place was to damage the beckett character...

and ya i am pathetic that way. love the show. every night i get home and start the family dinner (i cook a lot better than my wife-who can,,boil water) i turn on TNT and i listen/watch Castle while prepping the food-certain episodes i'll just skip (squab and quail, the elvis episode) others i'll pause and watch almost 100% because they are my favorites and delay dinner a bit...

aparisi2274

I just started to watch this show via reruns on ABC late night on Sundays and its a pretty good show...

How many seasons has this show been on? I'd like to go back and try to watch some of them...

Joni

There's no way this turns out good. Broadcast shows are already of mediocre quality; a spin-off turning out good would take a miracle.
NCIS? Frasier? Saved by the Bell? Boston Legal? Mork & Mindy? Melrose Place? Family Matters? The Jeffersons? The Simpsons?
Some of these spin-offs are a lot more famous than their originals. They're staples of television.

Lenardo

Banned
premiere is tonite.

boston area folks,wcvb has the football game on (patriots are playing)

check wcvb.com to find out what alternate station it is showing on

comcast is showing the normal ABC shows on either 306 or 292 depending....(my town is 292)

spoiler:

there is a ~2 month time jump in the episode, so Castle is going to be missing for AT LEAST 2 months.....

premiere is tonite.

boston area folks,wcvb has the football game on (patriots are playing)

check wcvb.com to find out what alternate station it is showing on

comcast is showing the normal ABC shows on either 306 or 292 depending....(my town is 292)

spoiler:

there is a ~2 month time jump in the episode, so Castle is going to be missing for AT LEAST 2 months.....

I completely forgot.

What happened at the end of last season? Car on fire?

Lenardo

Banned
while the reality is the car on fire was not the same car.....for the show, it was. abc has the first 3 minutes or so online.

as to wedding....
they get married episode7.6 is the current rumor

Zomba13

=/ so it's going to be a season (or more) long thing before getting to know what happened? That sucks. I like when we got Beckett's Mum lore episodes and things that tied back to older episodes but for them it worked because it was a cold case and there wasn't really any thing that could be followed up on. Here, Castle was kidnapped and was missing for 2 months, apparently contracted Dengue fever and then escaped after getting shot at. It's kinda bullshit if they just let it slide and sit on it for however long instead of jumping back in and following it up.

I'm banking on either revenge of Bracken or some Dad spy secret shit.

Volimar

^Did you just spoil the episode?

Edit: You did...you spoiled the episode.

Wow, they're all pretty quick to turn on Castle...

Top Bottom